Subject: [Sdn] Call for papers for journal special issue on Software-Defined Networking

From: "Jun Bi" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 6 Aug 2013 18:27:13 +0800

Call for Papers -- Feature Topic, Vol.11, No.2, 2014 

Software-Defined Networking

http://www.chinacommunications.cn/EN/news/news668.shtml

A major recent development in computer networking is the emergence of
Software Defined Networking (SDN), whose goal is to provide a centralized,
programmable control plane that is decoupled from the distributed data
planes on individual network devices. In particular, the development of
OpenFlow has demonstrated many potential benefits of SDN, and multiple
vendors have started to offer commercial switches supporting the OpenFlow
standard. Researchers have also made progress on SDN components including
SDN controllers, switches, programming interfaces, verification and debugger
tools, and SDN applications in data center network, campus network, routing,
and traffic engineering. Despite the progress, many important questions
regarding SDN still remain. The goal of this Feature Topic is to explore
research and developments related to SDN to further its state of art.

Focusing on the development of SDN, China Communications calls for papers to
the persons interested in this area.

SCHEDULE

Submission Deadline: September 30, 2013

Acceptance Notification (1st round): November 10, 2013

Minor Revision Due: November 20, 2013

Final Decision Due: December 1, 2013

Final Manuscript Due: December 7, 2013

Publication Date: February 15, 2014

GUEST EDITORS

Prof. Richard YANG, Yale University, USA. Email: yang.r.yang at yale.edu

Prof. Jun BI, Tsinghua University, China. Email: junbi at tsinghua.edu.cn

Prof. Guofei GU, Texas A&M University, USA. Email: guofei at cse.tamu.edu

TOPICS OF INTEREST INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO, THE FOLLOWING: 

・    Applications of SDN in different types of networks such as home,
wireless, cellular, enterprise, data-center, and backbone networks

・    Application of SDN to different network functions such as network
management, performance monitoring and management, security (e.g.,
firewalls, intrusion detection, avoidance of DoS)

・    Experiences deploying SDN in operational networks

・    Application programming interfaces (APIs) for SDN

・    Programming languages, verification techniques, debugging tools for
SDN

・    Distributed SDN controllers

・    Switch designs for SDN

・    Performance and reliability of SDN network elements and controllers

・    Security analysis, testing, and enhancement for SDN

・    Evaluation of existing SDN systems

・    Hybrid SDN approaches (integration with other control planes such as
cloud VM control, big data control)

・    Incremental deployment of SDN to existing networks

SUBMISSION GUIDANCE

China Communications seeks original, UNPUBLISHED research papers reporting
substantive new work in various aspects of software-defined networks. Papers
MUST clearly indicate your contributions to the field of software-defined
networks and properly cite related work in this field.

Papers should be submitted in two separate .doc files (preferred) or .pdf
files: 1) Main Document (including paper title, abstract, key words, and
full text); 2) Title page (including paper title, author affiliation,
acknowledgement and any other information related with the authors’
identification) through the Manuscript Central
<http://mc03.manuscriptcentral.com/chinacomm> . Please register or login at
http://mc03.manuscriptcentral.com/chinacomm, then go to the author center
and follow the instructions there. Remember to select “Feature Topic:
Software-Defined Networks ― February Issue, 2014” as your manuscript type
when submitting; otherwise, it might be considered as a regular paper.Each
submission must be accompanied by the following information:

● an abstract of about 150 words

● 3-8 keywords

● original photographs with high-resolution (300 dpi or greater); eps. or
tif. format is preferred

● sequentially numbered references. The basic reference format is: [#]LEE
W, BRYANT S, MIILER H M, et al. Mining Data Correlation from Multi-Faceted
Sensor Data in Internet of Things[J]. China Communications, 2011, 8(1):
132-138.

● brief biographies of authors (50-75 words)

● contact information, including email and mailing addresses

Please note that each submission will normally be approximately 4500 words,
with no more than 20 mathematical formulas, accomplished by up to 10 figures
and/or tables.

ABOUT CHINA COMMUNICATIONS

China Communications (ISSN 1673-5447) is the only English-language magazine
of communications field in China. It is officially published monthly by the
China Institute of Communications (CIC) towards research institutes,
universities, enterprises and governmental authorities in the field of
Information and Communications Technologies (ICTs) all over the world. 

Aiming at promoting worldwide exchange in the ICTs sector, a Memorandum of
Understanding has been conducted in November, 2011 by and between CIC and
the IEEE Communications Society (ComSoc); both parties are committed to
publishing high-quality papers in China Communications to contribute to the
global ICTs industry starting from January 2013. The publication will
provide instant access to the latest articles and papers presenting
leading-edge development of academic research as well as significant
technical evolutions in practice.

China Communications has been included in the THOMSON REUTERS MASTER JOURNAL
LIST (formerly known as ISI “Philadelphia List”), namely SCIE (Science
Citation Index-Expanded) index since January, 2007. It has also been
included in Scopus database since January, 2009. In addition, all articles
have been available in the IEEE Xplore beginning January, 2013.

Further information is available at: www.chinacommunications.cn <http://www.
chinacommunications.cn/> .