Subject: [Sdn] EWSDN 2013: Call for Participation

From: Konstantinos Pentikousis <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 30 Aug 2013 09:17:28 +0200

Dear all,

The EWSDN 2013 program is now online at http://ewsdn.org/. The program includes presentations of peer-reviewed papers and is complemented by 3 Industry Sessions with speakers from leading operators and vendors in the SDN area.

Early-bird registration ends on 15 September 2013.

Best regards,

Kostas

---

From: Haiyong Xie <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 30 Aug 2013 10:22:07 -0700

Dear All,

Apologies if you received multiple copies of this CFP.

========================================================================================

IEEE Consumer Communications and Networking Conference (CCNC), 2014

CFP for Special session on Network Function Virtualization

======================================================================================== 

Network Function Virtualization (NFV) has gained considerable attention 
both in academia and industry. This special session calls for recent 
research, practical experiences, and development lessons in deploying 
NFV in current and emerging networking environments.

The research can be in NFV range from virtualization of both residential 
and service provider wireless gateways/access nodes to centralized 
control for optical fibers channels and MPLS. There are limitless 
network functions that can be virtualized and there are various factors 
that can impact NFV such as algorithm for QoS and Security, innovation 
for new programmable ASIC or advanced FPGA. Practical experience on 
deploying NFV for novel applications are particularly welcome especially 
integrating virtualized network devices into the existing network.

The contributions requested include but are not limited to:

     *     Cloud or Virtual Residential Gateway
     *     Virtualization of Access Network Function
     *     Programmable Access Technology
     *     Centralized or unified control & management of FTTx
     *     Wholesale of virtual access network
     *     Quality of service in access network virtualization
     *     Service provisioning or generation in virtual access network
     *     Coexistent of virtualized and non-virtualized access network 
function
     *     Impacts on user experiences

We encourage submissions of high-quality technical papers reporting 
original research that has not been previously published, and is not 
currently submitted for consideration elsewhere. The special session 
papers will be treated the same as the main technical track papers in 
terms of formatting, reviewing, quality control, inclusion into 
proceedings, author registration and attendance.

Special Session Chair

Haiyong Xie, Huawei Research US

Technical Program Co-Chairs:

Shucheng LIU, Huawei Technologies, China
Tina Tsou, Huawei Technologies, US
Chern Nam YAP, Temasek Polytechnic, Singapore

Technical Program Committee:

Zvika Bronstein, Huawei Technologies, Israel
Chunming Qiao, University at Buffalo, USA
Hongfang Yu, University of Electronic Sci. & Tech. of China, China
Yong Cui, Tsinghua University, China
Xianfeng LI, School of ECE, Peking University, China
Jin Wang, Soochow University, China
Yong Huang, Huawei Technologies, China
Robin Zheng, Huawei Technologies, China

Important dates:

Submission Due: September 13, 2013
Notification of Acceptance: October 11, 2013
Camera-Ready Due: November 1, 2013

Paper Format and Submission:

Format: http://ccnc2014.ieee-ccnc.org/authors
EDAS submission http://edas.info/newPaper.php?c=14867