Subject: [Sdn] IEEE NetSoft 2016 Conference on Network Softwarization, Seoul, Korea

From: Leeyoung <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 24 Aug 2015 05:03:41 +0000

Hi All,

This conference may be relevant to your WG activities. Check it out!

Best regards,
Young

-----------------------------------------------------------------
2nd IEEE CONFERENCE ON NETWORK SOFTWARIZATION - NetSoft 2016
Softwarization of Networks, Clouds and Internet of Things
SEOUL, KOREA
June 6-10, 2016
http://www.netsoft2016.org

CALL FOR PAPERS
The IEEE International Conference on Network Softwarization (NetSoft 
2016) will be held in beautiful Seoul, Korea. NetSoft 2016 builds 
further on the successful first edition, held in London, UK in April 
2015 and is the flagship event established as part of the IEEE 
Software-Defined Networks (SDN) Initiative of the IEEE Future Directions 
Committee. This cross-societies’ Initiative aims at creating the 
conditions for a pre-industrial exploitation and adoption of SDN/NFV 
paradigms in Telecommunications and ICT ecosystems, through a worldwide 
cooperation of leading technical experts. In particular, the vision of 
the IEEE SDN Initiative is that SDN and NFV are part of a wider systemic 
trend, called Network Softwarization, impacting both network and service 
platforms. In fact, the exploitation of high levels of automation, 
increased flexibility and programmability allows reinventing future 
network and cloud architectures, accelerating service deployment and 
facilitating infrastructure management. NetSoft is the primary IEEE 
forum for publication and technical exchange of the latest research and 
innovation results in this challenging area.

TOPICS OF INTEREST
Authors are invited to submit papers that fall into the area of 
software-defined and virtualized infrastructures.
Topics of interest include, but are not limited to, the following:
• APIs, protocols and languages for programmable networks and SDI 
(Software-Defined Infrastructures)
• Abstractions and Virtualization of resources, services and functions 
in SDN and NFV
• Resource management and Orchestration for SDN/NFV-based systems
• Modeling, representation, composition algorithms, and deployment for 
Service Function Chains
• Efficient network and service monitoring for SDN/NFV
• Transition strategies Sent from my iPhone
• Management of federated SDN/NFV infrastructures
• Energy efficient and green SDI
• Traffic Engineering and QoS/QoE in SDN/NFV
• Interoperability of SDI with Legacy Infrastructures
• Centralized vs Distributed control of SDN/NFV-based systems
• Policy-based management in SDN/NFV
• Network Softwarization for 5G
• Softwarized edge cloud infrastructures
• Softwarized platforms for Internet-of-Things (IoT)
• SDN switch/router architectures/designs
• Softwarized networks for Big Data applications
• Software-defined optical transport networks
• Debugging and introspection of software-defined  virtualized systems
• Availability and resilience of virtualized software-defined systems
• Verification/Auditing tools for softwarized systems
• Experience reports from experimental testbeds and deployments
• Mobility/Security/Safety support
• New service models and paradigms enabled by Softwarization
• Socio-economic impact and regulatory implications for Softwarization

PAPER SUBMISSION
Authors are invited to submit only original papers (written in English) 
not published or submitted for publication elsewhere. Papers should be 
in IEEE 2-column US-Letter style using IEEE Conference templates, found 
at: 
http://www.ieee.org/conferences_events/conferences/publishing/templates.html 
and submitted in PDF format via JEMS at: https://jems.sbc.org.br/netsoft2016
Papers can be of two types: full (up to 8 pages) or short (up to 4 
pages). Papers exceeding these limits, multiple submissions, and 
self-plagiarized papers will be rejected without further review. All 
submitted papers will be subject to a peer-review process. The accepted 
papers will be published in IEEE Xplore, provided that the authors do 
present their paper at the conference. Note: authors of the best five 
papers will be invited to submit extended versions of their papers to a 
fast-track reviewed Wiley’s International Journal of Network Management 
(IJNM).

IMPORTANT DATES
• Paper submission: November 15, 2015
• Notification of acceptance: January 31, 2016
• Final camera ready papers: March 15, 2016
• NetSoft 2016 conference: June 6-10, 2016

GENERAL CHAIR
James Won-Ki Hong, POSTECH, Korea

TPC CO-CHAIRS
Filip De Turck, Ghent University-iMinds, Belgium
Joon-Myung Kang, HP Labs, USA
Hyunseung Choo, Sungkyunkwan University, Korea

TECHNICAL SPONSORS
The technical sponsors are IEEE Communications Society, IEEE Computer 
Society, IEEE Signal Processing Society and IEEE Consumer Electronics 
Society.

_______________________________________________
Mycolleagues mailing list
[email-masked]
http://mailman.ufsc.br/mailman/listinfo/mycolleagues

- Through this link above you can "subscribe", "unsubscribe", or change your settings in the list, using "username=ufsc" and "password=ufsc".
- If you need any help, please send a message to [email-masked].
- ENJOY this COURTESY offered by FEDERAL UNIVERSITY OF SANTA CATARINA.