Subject: [Sdn] Fwd: IETF94 / 38th NMRG meeting - Call for Contributions on Managing Networks of Adaptive and Cooperative Agents

From: Laurent Ciavaglia <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 19 Oct 2015 15:34:31 +0200

Dear SDN RG particpants,

The call for the next NMRG meeting in Yokohama might be of interest to you.

Thanks, Laurent.

-------- Forwarded Message --------
Subject: 	IETF94 / 38th NMRG meeting - Call for Contributions on 
Managing Networks of Adaptive and Cooperative Agents
Date: 	Mon, 19 Oct 2015 15:23:15 +0200
From: 	Laurent Ciavaglia <[email-masked]>
Organization: 	Alcatel-Lucent Bell Labs France
To: 	[email-masked] <[email-masked]>
CC: 	Lisandro Zambenedetti Granville <[email-masked]>, Olivier 
Festor <[email-masked]>

Dear NMRG community,

On behalf of the NMRG Chairs, please find below a call for contributions 
for the upcoming NMRG meeting during IETF94 week in Yokohama.

Thanks, best regards, Laurent.

         ***  CALL FOR CONTRIBUTIONS  ***
*Managing Networks of Adaptive and Cooperative Agents*

As communication networks become more capable and more autonomous, new 
challenges arise for their (self-)organization and (self-)operation.
How can management adapt and cope with the increased dynamicity and 
versatility introduced by networks composed of adaptive and cooperative 
agents?
This 38th NMRG meeting aims at exploring new techniques and approaches, 
from various disciplines, addressing (but not limited to) the following 
questions and challenges:
     -How to steer the global network behavior resulting from 
self-organization where agents have their own goals and actions?
     -What could be the role of intent-based networking in situation 
where the system's goal "emerges" from the agents interactions?
     -How to build and leverage the knowledge produced at the micro 
(agent) and macro (network) levels? How to correlate and make sense out 
of measurements and data from heterogeneous sources?
     -How to verify and test the behavior of systems with the intrinsic 
faculty of adapting to changing conditions?
     -How to make the operations scale? To which extent are the new 
techniques and solutions actionable, "computable"...?
     -What coordination schemes could be designed to both take benefits 
from the agents' built-in ability to cooperate and guarantee an overall 
safe network operation in the presence of different (sometimes 
conflicting) goals?
     -How can the management techniques leverage on the new properties 
and features introduced by adaptive and cooperative agents, i.e. 
applying the same techniques to the management plane itself.

The main goal of the meeting is to identify topics of high interest for 
further research and investigations by the network management community, 
highlighting the potential needs for future standardization.
To this end, the meeting will have a few short presentations and 
hopefully enough time for open and fruitful discussions    .
Please send your proposal for presentation to the NMRG mailing list and 
kindly include:
     Topic:
     Presenter name:
     Time requested:
     Brief description of the topic:
     Pointer to references (internet draft(s), paper(s), website...) if 
any:

The 38th NMRG meeting will take place on Monday, November 2, 2015 - from 
17:10 to 19:10 - in room 413.

***

-- 

Bien cordialement, Best regards,

*Laurent Ciavaglia*

Secure Cloud Networking

Bell Labs | Alcatel Lucent

phone: +33 160 402 636

email: [email-masked] 
<mailto:[email-masked]>

linkedin: laurentciavaglia <http://fr.linkedin.com/in/laurentciavaglia/>

address: Route de Villejust | 91620 Nozay | France