Subject: [seamoby] LH-DMHA updated

From: Yoshihiro Ohba <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 17 Aug 2001 16:15:09 -0400

I've submitted an updated version of LH-DMHA
(draft-ohba-seamoby-last-hop-dmha-01), which includes significant
changes in order to comply with RFC 3154 as much as possible.  The
updated document also includes a section in appendix for RFC 3154
conformance checking.  It will appear in the internet-draft directory
early in the next week.

Regards,
Yoshihiro Ohba

---

From: Behcet Sarikaya <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 17 Aug 2001 15:39:33 -0500

Ohba-san, are you submitting this as your final solution, as per Pat's
schedule agreed upon in London, or is it some intermediate version of it?

--
Behcet

---

From: Yoshihiro Ohba <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 17 Aug 2001 17:01:16 -0400

Behcet,

At Fri, 17 Aug 2001 15:39:33 -0500,
> schedule agreed upon in London, or is it some intermediate version of it?

That is an intermediate version.  I would continue to update it 
until September 14.

Yoshihiro Ohba

---

From: Behcet Sarikaya <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 20 Aug 2001 14:07:28 -0400

Hello,
  I have two questions on the reqs RFC 3154 (I happen to be a coauthor!):
1. The RFC dictates that:
An attacker can wide cast fake paging messages pretending to be sent
   by a paging agent.  The impacts will be similar to the ones described
   in Sections 4.1 and 4.3.1.  However, depending on how the IP paging
   protocol is designed, additional harm may be caused.
where is 4.1? and 4.3.1?
It seems that 4.1 should be 3.1, should 4.3.1 be 3.3?
2.When messages are wide casted, is this usually because the location of the
receiver is unknown, or is it because the message is being sent to multiple
recipients?

Kind regards,
--
Behcet

---

From: Pat Calhoun <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 20 Aug 2001 16:49:32 -0700

Behcet,

Since these are editorial errors, I don't see the need to respin the
work, and consume scarce resources. Let's just keep track of this, and
should we ever need to update 3154, we can address it then.

Thanks,

PatC