Subject: [Seamoby] CAR Discovery Requirements Slide from Govind

From: "James Kempf" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 20 Dec 2001 12:41:18 -0800

REQUIREMENTS FOR CAR DISCOVERY PROTOCOLS

1. MUST translate L2 Ids (APs and ARs) to L3 Ids of ARs

2. MUST support L2 devices of different technologies

3. MUST support for L2 devices (and ARs) in private/site-local spaces

4. MUST communicate capability information between GAARs in a secure and
reliable manner

5. MUST use standard format for capabilities..
 and this is TBD

6. Protocol applicability - SHOULD (show of hands indicated that a MUST
is needed here) support inter-domain as well as Intra-domain scope

7. MUST NOT introduce network elements dedicated to CAR discovery.

8. SHOULD minimize involvement of ARs which are not GAARs in CAR
discovery

9. MUST NOT depend on a particular mobility management protocol

_______________________________________________
Seamoby mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/seamoby