Subject: RE: [Seamoby] Concensus call on new CAR Discovery Requirement (was: Examples of

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 27 Mar 2002 14:39:34 -0500

Govind,

We have to think about what the requirement is intending to accomplish.
If we don't mention that, then the requirement becomes meaningless. The
intent is to get the MN the information it needs to select the next AR.
Thus, I believe we must mention the MN.

[DOT] But isn't that the disagreement, namely the amount of information
the MN needs to select? Assuming that MN could, by any means, connect/handover
to x ARs, does it really mean that the MN has to get the entire information 
of all these x ARs? What if only y ARs satify the MN's requirements? It still
sufficient (and even MN-controlled) to choose out of these y since the other
ones are worthless.

Dirk

_______________________________________________
Seamoby mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/seamoby

---

From: "James Kempf" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 27 Mar 2002 12:38:21 -0800

Dirk,

This is solution space. Without examining this in detail, we can't say.
The intent of the requirements is to constrain the solution through high
level goals, not specify them in detail. The information could be
handled by a 16 bit bit vector, or it could require an ASN.1 LDAP query,
we cannot say at this point.

That's why I and others think that we need to clearly state that the MN
gets the information it needs.

            jak

----- Original Message -----
From: <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>; <[email-masked]>; <[email-masked]>
Sent: Wednesday, March 27, 2002 11:39 AM
Subject: RE: [Seamoby] Concensus call on new CAR Discovery Requirement
(was: Examples of

---

From: "James Kempf" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 27 Mar 2002 12:38:21 -0800

Dirk,

            jak

----- Original Message -----
From: <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>; <[email-masked]>; <[email-masked]>
Sent: Wednesday, March 27, 2002 11:39 AM
Subject: RE: [Seamoby] Concensus call on new CAR Discovery Requirement
(was: Examples of