Subject: [Seamoby] Requirement for Using Existing Protocols

From: "James Kempf" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 13 Mar 2002 11:42:10 -0800

This requirement is meant to encourage re-use of existing protocols
wherever possible.

    The Seamoby CAR Discovery solution MUST re-use existing protocols
    wherever possible. As part of drafting the solution, existing
protocol
    MUST be examined for their match with the requirements, and
    modifications SHOULD be proposed in preference to inventing
    new protocols.

            jak

_______________________________________________
Seamoby mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/seamoby

---

From: "Trossen Dirk \(NRC/Boston\)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 13 Mar 2002 14:56:33 -0500

Hi James,

One comment to this 'requirement':

The first sentence can be seen as a protocol requirement. The second
one though is not a solution requirement but a procedure mandate since
it mandates a certain process for drafting the solution. Do you really think
this should be part of solution requirements? Part of the solution selection
would be the assessment of proposed solutions. Your second sentence gives
one of the crucial criteria for this assessment. However, it does not
constitute
a solution requirement rather than a description of the assessment
procedure.

Maybe, we could put the second sentence as a statement/reminder in the
introduction of the requirement to make this clear?!

Regards,

Dirk

---

From: "Trossen Dirk \(NRC/Boston\)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 13 Mar 2002 14:56:33 -0500

Hi James,

Regards,

Dirk

---

From: "James Kempf" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 13 Mar 2002 12:57:19 -0800

> introduction of the requirement to make this clear?!

Sounds fine to me.

            jak

---

From: "James Kempf" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 13 Mar 2002 12:57:19 -0800

Sounds fine to me.

            jak