Subject: [Seamoby] Agenda for IETF 53 Meeting

From: "James Kempf" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 11 Mar 2002 09:47:58 -0800

Folks,

Here is the agenda for the Seamboy meeting.

We have two short talks scheduled by prominent Internet architects on
technical topics, namely paging and the Internet architecture and CAR
discovery and routing information distribution. As yet, we have not
received definitive notice from the people who we have asked that they
will attend. If they are unable to make it, we will extend the
discussions to cover the time.

Note also that in order to bring an issue up in the discussion period
*it must first be discussed on the list*. New technical issues will be
tabled for discussion on the list until after the meeting. There has
been much discussion on paging, so we will likely have lots to talk
about. On the other hand, there has been little or no discussion on CAR
discovery requirements, so we may have nothing to talk about unless some
issues are raised this week.

The goal of the technical discussions is to air all the issues around a
the technical topics, and hopefully come to concensus on the right
solutions, taking into account engineering tradeoffs.

            jak

------------------------------------------------------------------------
----------------------------------------

- - Agenda Bashing (co-chairs, 5 min.)

- - Current draft status (co-chairs, 5 min.)

- - Proposal for CT protocol selection process (co-chairs 10 minutes)

- - Discussion of Paging and the Internet Architecture (Mystery Guest,
10
minutes)

- - Paging Technical Issues Discussion (Marco Liebsch, 40 minutes)

- - Discussion of CAR Discovery and Routing Information Distribution
(Mystery Guest, 10 minutes)

- - CAR Discovery Requirements Discussion (Govind Krishnamurthi, 40
minutes)

        draft-krishnamurthi-car-requirements-00.txt

_______________________________________________
Seamoby mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/seamoby

---

From: Behcet Sarikaya <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 11 Mar 2002 12:11:22 -0600

Are we going to have a Seamgirl meeting also?

Just a joke!

>Here is the agenda for the Seamboy meeting.
--------------------------------------                --------------

>solutions, taking into account engineering tradeoffs.
--behcet

---

From: Behcet Sarikaya <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 11 Mar 2002 12:11:22 -0600

Just a joke!

--behcet

---

From: Behcet Sarikaya <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 19 Mar 2002 18:21:08 -0600

Hi Jim and Pat,
  Is it possible to know what will be discussed in the agenda items on 
Paging?
  Myself and other colleagues have been raising several issues so far 
such as Requirements 4.7 and 4.8, The layering of IP Paging protocol, 
should we develop a framework document, etc.
I asked to Pat for a slot to discuss these issues but I received no 
reply from him. Does this mean that the above issues will go undiscussed 
at the meeting?
  Also Srini talked about the scope which is restricted to mobile 
devices in the charter to which James gave the following reply:

So I guess I don't see any conflict between this and accommodating fixed
hosts. Is the concern that we may need to specify something at L2? If
so, then be assured that we won't. There is a move afoot to start some
work on defining abstract L2 triggers, but this will not involve
explicit L2s and it will not be done in Seamoby.

  I am concerned that such attitude of arbitrary extensions of scope 
could drag the work to the infinity. Is this observation shared by others?

Regards,

-- 
Behcet

---

From: Behcet Sarikaya <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 19 Mar 2002 18:21:08 -0600

Hi Jim and Pat,

Regards,

-- 
Behcet