Subject: RE: [Seamoby] Agenda for IETF 53 Meeting

From: "Pat R. Calhoun" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 19 Mar 2002 17:51:21 -0800

We will discuss the threads that have been ongoing on the list which
haven't come to a resolution, such as requirements 4.7, 4.8, etc.
 
PatC

- -----Original Message-----
From: Behcet Sarikaya [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Tuesday, March 19, 2002 6:21 PM
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: Re: [Seamoby] Agenda for IETF 53 Meeting

Hi Jim and Pat,
  Is it possible to know what will be discussed in the agenda items
on Paging?
  Myself and other colleagues have been raising several issues so far
such as Requirements 4.7 and 4.8, The layering of IP Paging protocol,
should we develop a framework document, etc. 
I asked to Pat for a slot to discuss these issues but I received no
reply from him. Does this mean that the above issues will go
undiscussed at the meeting?
  Also Srini talked about the scope which is restricted to mobile
devices in the charter to which James gave the following reply:

So I guess I don't see any conflict between this and accommodating
fixed
hosts. Is the concern that we may need to specify something at L2? If
so, then be assured that we won't. There is a move afoot to start
some
work on defining abstract L2 triggers, but this will not involve
explicit L2s and it will not be done in Seamoby.
  I am concerned that such attitude of arbitrary extensions of scope
could drag the work to the infinity. Is this observation shared by
others?

Regards,
James Kempf wrote:

Folks,

Here is the agenda for the Seamboy meeting.

- ----------------------------------------------------------------------
- --
- ----------------------------------------

- - - Agenda Bashing (co-chairs, 5 min.)

- - - Current draft status (co-chairs, 5 min.)

- - - Proposal for CT protocol selection process (co-chairs 10 minutes)

- - - Discussion of Paging and the Internet Architecture (Mystery
Guest,
10
minutes)

- - - Paging Technical Issues Discussion (Marco Liebsch, 40 minutes)

- - - Discussion of CAR Discovery and Routing Information Distribution
(Mystery Guest, 10 minutes)

- - - CAR Discovery Requirements Discussion (Govind Krishnamurthi, 40
minutes)

        draft-krishnamurthi-car-requirements-00.txt

_______________________________________________
Seamoby mailing list
[email-masked]
<
a class="moz-txt-link-freetext"
href="https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/seamoby">https://www1.iet
f.org/mailman/listinfo/seamoby

- -- 
Behcet

---

From: Behcet Sarikaya <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 20 Mar 2002 22:46:18 -0600

Pat R. Calhoun wrote:

>  
> -----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
> Hash: SHA1
>
I don't think so.

--behcet

---

From: Behcet Sarikaya <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 20 Mar 2002 22:46:18 -0600

I don't think so.

--behcet