Subject: [Seamoby] CAR Discovery Requirements

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 12 Mar 2002 13:48:47 -0500

Hi all,

I'd like to propose the following requirement to be added to the CAR discovery 
requirements list:

"3.xx Providing MN's requirement for Determination of CARs

The fundamental task of CAR discovery is to determine candidate
access routers (from the set of GAARs) that meet MN's requirements,
if known at the time of handoff. A CAR discovery protocol MUST 
determine a set of CARs that meet MN's requirements. For this, 
a CAR discovery protocol MUST provide means for the MN to express 
these requirements."

Thanks,

Dirk

_______________________________________________
Seamoby mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/seamoby

---

From: "James Kempf" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 12 Mar 2002 12:26:44 -0800

Dirk,

</wg-chair-hat-off>

> a CAR discovery protocol MUST provide means for the MN to express 

I think this is confusing two issues:

    - Distribution of routing reachability and capability information.

    - Expression of MN requirements or rights.

The second issue may require, for example, AAA, or it 
may be implemented using an AAA protocol.

I think it would make more sense to keep these issues separate.

</wg-chair-hat-on>

            jak

---

From: "James Kempf" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 12 Mar 2002 12:26:44 -0800

Dirk,

</wg-chair-hat-off>

</wg-chair-hat-on>

            jak