Subject: [Seamoby] CFP: IEEE VTC Symposium on IP Mobility 2003

From: Muhammad Jaseemuddin <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 17 Jan 2003 16:22:48 -0500

Call for Papers - IP Mobility 2003
IEEE VTC Symposium on IP Mobility
October 4-9, 2003 Orlando, FL, USA

in Conjunction with IEEE VTC Fall 2003
Submission Deadline: February 15, 2003

Scope
=====
Mobility support in IP network has been an area of active research and 
development. The impacts of mobility and wireless medium at all layers 
of Internet architecture have generated wide range of interest in the 
research community. IETF has been working on standardizing protocols for 
inter-domain and intra-domain mobility, context transfer, routing for 
network mobility and ad-hoc networks. This symposium is aimed at 
providing researchers and practitioners a forum for presenting their 
research at all layers of Internet architecture and sharing experiences. 
It will provide a unique opportunity to people from academia and 
industry to exchange their ideas on short-term and long-term research 
issues. The theme of this symposium is **Support for Network Mobility**. 
The outcome of the symposium is expected to present a view on how close 
to reality is IP Mobility and set a direction for research to deal with 
emerging issues. The papers must discuss issues and solutions related to 
support for wireless medium and mobility in IP network. The symposium 
solicits papers related to but not limited to the following areas:   

* Routing for host (e.g. terminals) and network (e.g. trains, buses) 
mobility, protocols and performance
* New approaches to wide-area and local mobility
* Quality of Service models, resource management, and provisioning
* Traffic Engineering in mobile wireless IP access networks
* Transport protocol design for mobile wireless networks
* Security including security threat models, threat analysis and their 
impact on routing
* Application level protocol design and performance
* Mobile and wireless applications, their service requirements and 
performance
* Content delivery support in IP network for mobile users
* Multicasting for mobile wireless services
* Emerging network architectures (e.g. multi-hop ad-hoc network, sensor 
network)
* Internetworking of different network types (e.g. ad-hoc to cellular, 
wireless LAN to cellular)
* Inter-vehicular network architecture
* Mobile wireless IP access network deployment and management

Posters are also solicited on the projects related to the symposium theme.

Submission Instructions
=======================
Authors MUST submit an extended abstract (up to 2 pages) through the 
EDAS web site (http://www.edas.info/), together with a short abstract 
(approximately 150 words) in the EDAS web site form. Please note that 
the potential authors should create your own account in the EDAS web 
site (http://www.edas.info/) before submitting paper(s). Although either 
MS Word or PDF file format is acceptable when submitting the extended 
abstracts, it is strongly suggested that authors should submit papers 
using PDF format. The submission(s) should include complete contacting 
information of the author(s), such as the name, mailing address, 
telephone and fax numbers, and email address. All submitted papers are 
subject to peer review. Submissions can also be made using the links of 
call for technical papers in the conference web site: 
http://www.vtc2003.org/.

Important Dates
Extended Abstract Due:  February 15, 2003
Acceptance Notification:  April 15, 2003
Camera Ready Copy of Full Paper Due:  July 15, 2003
Symposium Date:  October 4, 2003

Organization
============

Program Co-Chairs:

Muhammad Jaseemuddin ([email-masked])
Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering
Ryerson University
Toronto, Canada

Hongyi Li ([email-masked])
Wireless Technology Lab
Nortel Networks
Ottawa, Canada

Publicity Co-Chair:

Junaid Zubairi ([email-masked])
Department of Mathematics and Computer Science
SUNY at Fredonia
Fredonia, NY, USA

Technical Program Committee
===========================
* Ahmed Helmy (USC)
* Yasser Rasheed (Intel)
* Raouf Boutaba (University of Waterloo)
* Sajal Das (The University of Texas at Arlington)
* Haseeb Akhtar (inCode Telecom group, CA)
* Lars Wolf (TU Braunschweig, Germany)
* Samir R. Das (SUNY at Stony Brook)
* Thiery Ernst (Wide, Keio U Japan)
* Abdelsalam Helal (U of Florida, Gainesville)
* Govindan Ravindran (Soma Networks)

_______________________________________________
Seamoby mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/seamoby