Subject: RE: [Seamoby] CARD between Routers - will CT do?

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 20 Jan 2003 08:49:52 -0500

Hello Eunsoo,

I also prefer one CARD protocol that works for inter-domain and intra-domain
operations.
We need to analyze security threats on CARD in details and find out security
requirements and solutions.
To discuss the security threats, first of all, we need to identify the
discovery mechanisms we want to consider.
There were two proposals before the design team was formed.
To continue discussion on security issues, I am looking for proposals on
base discovery mechanisms from the design team.
If the design team has the same proposals from the existing two proposals,
then we can start security analysis of the discovery mechanisms.
Regards,

Eunsoo

[Govind] The requirements document elaborates some of the security issues.
Do you think we would need something additional than that. How we achieve
these security targets is a different issue.

Thanks,
Govind.

_______________________________________________
Seamoby mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/seamoby

---

From: Pat Calhoun <[email-masked]>
Date: 20 Jan 2003 06:21:48 -0800

All,

I believe that we have plenty of work on our plate, and are
significantly behind our existing milestones. As a consequence, I really
don't see the need to tackle the inter-domain problem at this time.

let's leave this one dead, and continue making progress.

PatC

---

From: Pat Calhoun <[email-masked]>
Date: 20 Jan 2003 06:21:48 -0800

All,

PatC

---

From: "Eunsoo Shim" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 20 Jan 2003 18:34:21 -0800

Hi, Govind,

The security requirements described in the requirements draft are a good
starting guideline.
What I am looking for now is security threat analysis of particular
discovery mechanisms so that we can judge whether we can design a secure
CARD protocol with reasonable complexity based on such mechanisms.
Since the design team (according to Hemant's email) put out two
pre-candidates for discussion in the mailing list, I think we should have a
quick review of each about whether each can meet the requirements described
in the requirements draft and, in particular, what security threats are
involved with each pre-candidate and how those can be resolved.
For a specific mechanism, I guess we will find more detailed requirements
regarding security.

Regards,

Eunsoo

----- Original Message -----
From: <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>; <[email-masked]>;
<[email-masked]>
Cc: <[email-masked]>; <[email-masked]>
Sent: Monday, January 20, 2003 5:49 AM
Subject: RE: [Seamoby] CARD between Routers - will CT do?

Hello Eunsoo,

Eunsoo

Thanks,
Govind.

---

From: "Eunsoo Shim" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 20 Jan 2003 18:34:21 -0800

Hi, Govind,

Regards,

Eunsoo

----- Original Message -----
From: <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>; <[email-masked]>;

Hello Eunsoo,

Eunsoo

Thanks,
Govind.