Subject: Re: Comments for draft-ietf-secsh-auth-kbdinteract-01.txt

From: Martin Forssen <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 21 Feb 2001 16:52:46 +0100 (MET)

I am currently applying the suggested changes to the
keyboard-interactive draft, so that it may be ready for the March IETF.
The following question raises an interesting problem:

On 24 Jan, Shesterikov Maxim (sm) wrote:
> For a server that uses a separate authentication layer it is desirable
> to state in the draft that the order of responses should match with
> the order of prompts.

It is easy to add text to the draft to this effect, but is that really
the best solution. Such a text implies that the server is permitted to
have multiple outstanding authentication requests simultaneously, and
this can be complicated to handle in the client. Would it not be better
just instead forbid the server to have more than one set of prompts
(SSH_MSG_USERAUTH_INFO_REQUEST packets) outstanding at any time?
Comments?

	/MaF

---

From: "Shesterikov Maxim (sm)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 22 Feb 2001 09:59:43 +0300

>Such a text implies that the server is permitted to
I agree. 

Maxim