Subject: RE: Draft draft of coming sftp revision...

From: Richard Whalen <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 24 Sep 2002 13:53:04 -0400

In general, the changes look good.

Specific comments:
5.3 Size
	I think that it needs to state that this is the binary size, and
that the number of bytes provided when the file is read in TEXT mode may be
different (either larger or smaller).

6.6 Creating and Deleting Directories
	There seems to be a missing "path" between the sentence about
attributes and "specified the directory to be created."  Also note that an
error can be returned from an attempt to delete a directory if the user does
not have permission for that operation.  Note that some systems may allow
file creates and deletes in a directory, but not deletion of the actual
directory due to separation of write access and delete access on the
directory.

In implementing the SSH_FXF_TEXT VMS should be able to seek text files for
reads with a little bit of work, but seeking a text file for write would
probably return an error more often than not.  Writes to an existing text
file when opened in Append mode should not be a problem.

---

From: "Joseph Galbraith" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 24 Sep 2002 17:37:23 -0600

> different (either larger or smaller).

Thanks.  I've updated this section.

> directory due to separation of write access and delete access on the

I've reworked this section so it is a little less of a runon
paragraph, and fixed the problems you pointed out.

> file when opened in Append mode should not be a problem.

I've added some text about using SSH_FXF_APPEND to append to
text files.

Thanks again for the comments.

- Joseph