Subject: Re: collated comments for -dns (RFC 4255) and -kbdinteract (RFC 4256)

From: Jacob Nevins <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 3 Dec 2005 19:48:19 +0000

[CC'd to listed authors in the secsh-dns and secsh-kbdinteract
Internet-Drafts]

I wrote (18 Nov):
> Since there hasn't been any obvious activity on -dns (4255) and
> -kbdinteract (4256), I've taken it upon myself to collate the comments
> I've made and seen on the list in the format the RFC Editor appears to
> want.
> 
> Since I'm not a listed author, I don't plan to actually send this to
> the RFC Editor (unless someone suggests that I do); I hope that it
> saves someone some time.

Neither of these documents has been updated on ftp.rfc-editor.org for
over a month. Is anything happening with them?

As far as comments on the WG mailing list are concerned:
 - secsh-dns is fine as is and just needs acking by the authors;
 - secsh-kbdinteract has a few suggested edits, collated in the message
   to which this is a reply.

As I understand it (from the material Chris Lonvick has forwarded),
every listed author needs to respond in order for the RFC to be
published.

I note that the email address for Frank Cusack in secsh-kbdinteract is
not the same as the From: header of a message recently sent to this
list. Are the contact details in these documents up-to-date? If not,
perhaps the authors haven't seen any email from the RFC Editor?
(I guess I'll find out if the email addresses bounce from the CCs of
this message.)

---

From: Jakob Schlyter <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 4 Dec 2005 11:35:06 +0100 (CET)

> - secsh-dns is fine as is and just needs acking by the authors;

I far as I know, both wes and I have ack'd the secsh-dns draft to the rfc 
editor.

 	jakob

-- 
Jakob Schlyter <[email-masked]> +46 70 595 07 94

---

From: Wesley Griffin <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 5 Dec 2005 11:32:13 -0500

Chiming in here, yes I have ack'd the draft as well.

On Dec 4, 2005, at 5:35 AM, Jakob Schlyter wrote:

> I far as I know, both wes and I have ack'd the secsh-dns draft to  
> the rfc editor.
>
> 	jakob
>
> --

---

From: Frank Cusack <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 05 Dec 2005 10:51:22 -0800

> [CC'd to listed authors in the secsh-dns and secsh-kbdinteract
...
> over a month. Is anything happening with them?

I repackaged your comments and sent them off to the rfc editor.  There
was some activity so I don't know why the edits weren't made.

...
> (I guess I'll find out if the email addresses bounce from the CCs of

The contacts are correct.

-frank

---

From: Jacob Nevins <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 27 Dec 2005 17:36:16 +0000

> was some activity so I don't know why the edits weren't made.

A new 4256 (-kbdinteract) draft was posted around 14 December, doing
s/November/December/ as for other drafts and removing Frank's postal
address.

However, the edits alluded to above have still not been made.

(4255, -dns, has also been updated with the date change.)