Subject: [sfc] #21 (nsh): MD#1 Interoperability text (Proposed by Lucy)

From: "sfc issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 25 Oct 2016 08:16:20 -0000

#21: MD#1 Interoperability text (Proposed by Lucy)

 Add ths NEW text (https://www.ietf.org/mail-
 archive/web/sfc/current/msg05110.html):

 ==
 This specification allows defining different semantics of metadata type 1
 related mandatory context header, but the NSH header does not convey that
 semantic in the context headers. An SFC-aware SF MUST receive the data
 extraction schema first in order to get the data placed in the mandatory
 context header. How an SFC-aware SF gets the data extraction schema for
 the mandatory context header is outside the scope of this specification.
 This specification does not make any assumption about the content placed
 in the mandatory context header. Upon receiving an SFC packet with
 metadata type 1 present, if an SFC-aware SF is configured to use metadata
 but does not yet receive the data extraction schema for the mandatory
 context header, it MUST NOT process the packet and MUST log this error.
 ==

-- 
-------------------------------------+-------------------------------------
 Reporter:                           |      Owner:  draft-ietf-sfc-
  [email-masked]       |  [email-masked]
     Type:  defect                   |     Status:  new
 Priority:  major                    |  Milestone:
Component:  nsh                      |    Version:
 Severity:  Active WG Document       |   Keywords:
-------------------------------------+-------------------------------------

Ticket URL: <https://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/sfc/trac/ticket/21>
sfc <https://tools.ietf.org/sfc/>