Subject: Re: [sfc] New Version Notification for draft-jing-sfc-flow-release-notify-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 31 Oct 2016 11:33:24 +0800

Dear All,

    A new deployment requirement about how to release the created states 
by the traffic along the SFP has proposed,
So here tries to submit a draft to disclose the backgroud of this 
requirement and proposes some possible solutions.
     https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-jing-sfc-flow-release-notify/ 
    Hope you take a look at it and comments are really welcome :)

    Thanks,

BRs,
Linda Wang

A new version of I-D, draft-jing-sfc-flow-release-notify-01.txt
has been successfully submitted by Cui Wang and posted to the
IETF repository.

Name:                            draft-jing-sfc-flow-release-notify
Revision:                01
Title:                           Flow Release Notify
Document date:           2016-10-30
Group:                           Individual Submission
Pages:                           8
URL:            
https://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-jing-sfc-flow-release-notify-01.txt

Status:         
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-jing-sfc-flow-release-notify/
Htmlized:       
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-jing-sfc-flow-release-notify-01
Diff:           
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-jing-sfc-flow-release-notify-01

Abstract:
   Service function chain is the definition of an ordered set of service
   functions.  After instantiated, the service function path is created
   and the classified traffic is steered through the corresponding
   service function path and then forwarded to the final destination.
   SFs and SFC Proxies do not know the termination of a service flow.
   This document describes a method to notify the SFs and SFC Proxies
   the termination of a service flow.

   When one service flow goes through the SFP, there may create some
   states in some SFs or SFC Proxies.  However, when the service flow
   terminates, the SFs and SFC Proxies are unaware of that and maintain
   the states as well.This document describes a method to notify the SFs
   and SFC Proxies the termination of a service flow and release the
   resources occupied by the flow.

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of 
submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

The IETF Secretariat