Subject: [sfc] Last Call: <draft-ietf-sfc-nsh-integrity-05.txt> (Integrity Protection for the Network Service Header (NSH) and Encryption of Sensitive Context Headers) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 16 Jun 2021 08:06:13 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the Service Function Chaining WG (sfc)
to consider the following document: - 'Integrity Protection for the Network
Service Header (NSH) and
   Encryption of Sensitive Context Headers'
  <draft-ietf-sfc-nsh-integrity-05.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits final
comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2021-06-30. Exceptionally, comments may
be sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the beginning
of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This specification adds integrity protection directly to the Network
   Service Header (NSH) used for Service Function Chaining (SFC).  Also,
   this specification allows to encrypt sensitive metadata that is
   carried in the NSH.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-sfc-nsh-integrity/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.

The document contains these normative downward references.
See RFC 3967 for additional information: 
    rfc7665: Service Function Chaining (SFC) Architecture (Informational - Internet Engineering Task Force (IETF))