Subject: [sfc] I-D Action: draft-ietf-sfc-multi-layer-oam-13.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 16 Jun 2021 12:43:37 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Service Function Chaining WG of the IETF.

        Title           : Active OAM for Service Function Chaining
        Authors         : Greg Mirsky
                          Wei Meng
                          Bhumip Khasnabish
                          Cui Wang
	Filename        : draft-ietf-sfc-multi-layer-oam-13.txt
	Pages           : 27
	Date            : 2021-06-16

Abstract:
   A set of requirements for active Operation, Administration, and
   Maintenance (OAM) of Service Function Chains (SFCs) in a network is
   presented in this document.  Based on these requirements, an
   encapsulation of active OAM messages in SFC and a mechanism to detect
   and localize defects are described.

   This document updates RFC 8300.  Particularly, it updates the
   definition of O (OAM) bit in the Network Service Header (NSH) (RFC
   8300) and defines how an active OAM message is identified in the NSH.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-sfc-multi-layer-oam/

There is also an HTML version available at:
https://www.ietf.org/archive/id/draft-ietf-sfc-multi-layer-oam-13.html

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-sfc-multi-layer-oam-13

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

---

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 17 Jun 2021 08:21:38 +0800 (CST)

Dear All,
updates in this version result from the discussion with Med (lots of thanks and my sincere appreciation, Med).
The authors believe that the document is much closer to be ready for the WG LC now. Please read it. Your comments are most welcome.
In the discussion, a question came up: What could be the best way to handle two individual drafts (draft-ao-sfc-oam-return-path-specified and draft-ao-sfc-oam-path-consistency)? These drafts define extensions of the SFC Echo Request/Reply protocol addressing several of the requirements listed in Section 3 of draft-ietf-sfc-multi-layer-oam. It was also suggested that the substantive part of these drafts be merged into the Active SFC OAM specification. We've asked the question and received several responses. Authors much appreciate the WG Chairs opinion on the proposed merge of the named drafts.

Regards,
Greg Mirsky
Sr. Standardization Expert
预研标准部/有线研究院/有线产品经营部  Standard Preresearch Dept./Wireline Product R&D Institute/Wireline Product Operation Division
E: [email-masked]
www.zte.com.cn
------------------Original Mail------------------
Sender: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked] ;
CC: [email-masked];
Date: 2021/06/16 12:44
Subject: [sfc] I-D Action: draft-ietf-sfc-multi-layer-oam-13.txt

_______________________________________________
sfc mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sfc