Subject: Shim6 meeting at Dublin ?

From: Sébastien Barré <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 20 May 2008 17:13:42 +0200

Hello,

I was wondering if you was wanting to organize a shim6 meeting at Dublin.

For my part, I propose to prepare an updated draft shim6-impl, as well 
as a presentation describing the advances in the implementation work at 
UCLouvain.
I have also plans to test interoperability between LinShim6 and the 
other shim6 implementation from Boeing, and report the results to the 
Shim6 meeting.

regards,

Sébastien.

-- 
Sébastien Barré
Researcher,
CSE department, UCLouvain, Belgium
http://inl.info.ucl.ac.be/sbarre

Delivery-date: Tue, 20 May 2008 15:17:28 +0000
Date: Tue, 20 May 2008 17:13:42 +0200
From: =?ISO-8859-1?Q?S=E9bastien_Barr=E9?= <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked], Geoff Huston <[email-masked]>, [email-masked]
Subject: Shim6 meeting at Dublin ?

Hello,

I was wondering if you was wanting to organize a shim6 meeting at Dublin.

For my part, I propose to prepare an updated draft shim6-impl, as well 
as a presentation describing the advances in the implementation work at 
UCLouvain.
I have also plans to test interoperability between LinShim6 and the 
other shim6 implementation from Boeing, and report the results to the 
Shim6 meeting.

regards,

Sébastien.

-- 
Sébastien Barré
Researcher,
CSE department, UCLouvain, Belgium
http://inl.info.ucl.ac.be/sbarre

Delivery-date: Wed, 07 May 2008 16:18:12 +0000
Date: Wed, 07 May 2008 18:17:02 +0200
From: =?ISO-8859-1?Q?S=E9bastien_Barr=E9?= <[email-masked]>
To: "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>, [email-masked]
Subject: link for downloading LinShim6

Sorry, I forgot to tell the link for downloading LinShim6   :-)
So here it is : http://inl.info.ucl.ac.be/linshim6

regards,

Sébastien.

-- 
Sébastien Barré
Researcher,
CSE department, UCLouvain, Belgium
http://inl.info.ucl.ac.be/sbarre

Delivery-date: Wed, 07 May 2008 16:15:14 +0000
Date: Wed, 07 May 2008 18:12:13 +0200
From: =?ISO-8859-1?Q?S=E9bastien_Barr=E9?= <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [Fwd: [Shim6-impl] LinShim6 0.7 released]

Hi,

For information, I forward here the announcement of the latest LinShim6 
release.
I think that it is of special interest, since AFAIK, it is the first 
package that has full support for HBAs and CGAs.

regards,

Sébastien.

-------- Originele bericht --------
Onderwerp: 	[Shim6-impl] LinShim6 0.7 released
Datum: 	Wed, 07 May 2008 18:07:30 +0200
Van: 	Sébastien Barré <[email-masked]>
Aan: 	[email-masked] 
<[email-masked]>

Hi,

I am happy to announce that LinShim6 0.7 has been released today.

The major addition in 0.7 is HBA support. You can now very easily 
specify a set of prefixes that you regularly use for your host, and cgad 
(despite of its name, it also manages HBAs) will automatically build the 
HBA set, while shim6d will send and verify them.

An option (--disable-dropconfig) has also been added to the configure 
script to ask the install process not to update the config file. This 
can be useful if you want to install a new LinShim6 package with bug 
fixes for example, but don't want to overwrite your configuration.

You can now have any kind of address in your computer (normal, HBA or 
CGA), or a mix of them, LinShim6 will always try to send the maximum 
possible number of addresses to its peer. That is :
1) if the ULID is a normal address, LinShim6 will just announce that 
address (for security reasons);
2) if the ULID is a CGA, LinShim6 will announce all global unicast 
addresses available in the system, regardless of whether they are 
normal, CGA or HBA (because all are included in the CGA signature of the 
ULID anyway).
3) if the ULID is an HBA, all addresses that are both configured on the 
system and part of the same hba set as the ULID are announced to the 
peer (support for multiple hba sets is implemented). Note that this can 
be used as a way to separate addresses used for different purposes. This 
provides some kind of minimal "API" to the application, since the 
initial address choice of the application will trigger the selection by 
LinShim6 of a specific HBA set.
4) If the ULID is an hybrid HBA/CGA, then LinShim6 will proceed as in 
2), except that the HBA addresses belonging to the same set as the ULID 
will be verified with HBA, while all the other addresses will be 
verified with CGA.

This is a major step forward in the evolution of this package, as it 
provides the HBA/CGA framework necessary to play with Shim6 without 
security loss.
With that framework in place, we will be able to provide hopefully soon 
secure support for locator updates (using CGA).

I also want to thank the DoCoMo implementers of the SEcure Neighbor 
Discovery and Francis Dupont. I used the good DoCoMo SEND implementation 
as a basis for adding CGA support in LinShim6. Although I did not 
directly used Francis Dupont's implementation of HBAs (because the 
architecture was different), I did use it to verify the correctness of 
the HBA generation process, and included a part of his test suite in the 
LinShim6 package.

Enjoy,

Sébastien.

-- 
Sébastien Barré
Researcher,
CSE department, UCLouvain, Belgium
http://inl.info.ucl.ac.be/sbarre

_______________________________________________
Shim6-impl mailing list
[email-masked]
http://lists.gforge.info.ucl.ac.be/mailman/listinfo/shim6-impl

-- 
Sébastien Barré
Researcher,
CSE department, UCLouvain, Belgium
http://inl.info.ucl.ac.be/sbarre