Subject: [shim6] SHIM API and unconnected sockets

From: Miika Komu <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 19 Dec 2009 19:21:50 +0100

(this message got moderated earlier - apologies for possible double copies)

Hi,

the applicability of unconnected sockets says:

    6.4. Notification from Multihoming Shim Sub-layer to Application

    ..

    There is no restriction in terms of applicability of the notification
    about locator change.  The notification can be delivered to sockets
    regardless of if it is connected or unconnected, stream-oriented or
    datagram-oriented.

However, the shim6 locator API has to have a field for the ULID or
otherwise an unconnected application cannot distinguish the context:

    7.1. Placeholder for Locator Information

    ...
        struct shim_locator {
                 uint8_t    lc_family;       /* address family */
                 uint8_t    lc_proto;        /* protocol */
                 uint16_t   lc_port;         /* port number */
                 uint16_t   lc_flags;        /* flags */
                 uint16_t   lc_pref;         /* preference value */
                 uint32_t   lc_ifidx;        /* interface index */
                 struct in6_addr lc_addr;    /* address */
         };

So, I think we need a struct in6_addr lc_ulid here and explain it in the
text.