Subject: [sidr] minutes and jabber taker for the sidr meeting

From: Sandra Murphy <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 26 Jul 2009 09:19:47 -0400 (Eastern Daylight Time)

Our meeting is Thu morning.  I want to have volunteers for minutes and 
jabber scribe before the meeting time.

We have had some very faithful volunteers who have done it many times, but 
some of them are unable to attend this meeting.

So please.  If you can do this, please volunteer.  Geoff is one of those 
unable to attend, so you should send mail to me or to the list.

--Sandy

---

From: "Pradosh Mohapatra (pmohapat)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 27 Jul 2009 13:42:14 -0700

From: [email-masked] 
To: [email-masked] 
Reply-to: [email-masked] 
Subject: I-D Action:draft-pmohapat-sidr-pfx-validate-02.txt  

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts
directories. 
 
Title : BGP Prefix Origin Validation 
Author(s) : P. Mohapatra, et al. 
Filename : draft-pmohapat-sidr-pfx-validate-02.txt 
Pages : 10 
Date : 2009-07-27 
 
A BGP route associates an address prefix with a set of autonomous 
systems (AS) that identify the interdomain path the prefix has 
traversed in the form of BGP announcements. This set is represented 
as the AS_PATH attribute in BGP and starts with the AS that 
originated the prefix. To help reduce well-known threats against BGP 
including prefix hijacking and monkey-in-the-middle attacks, one of 
the security requirements is the ability to validate the origination 
AS of BGP routes. More specifically, one needs to validate that the 
AS number claiming to originate an address prefix (as derived from 
the AS_PATH attribute of the BGP route) is in fact authorized by the 
prefix holder to do so. This document describes a simple validation 
mechanism to partially satisfy this requirement. 
 
A URL for this Internet-Draft is: 
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-pmohapat-sidr-pfx-validate-02.
txt 
 
Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at: 
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/ 
 
Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader 
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the 
Internet-Draft. 
_______________________________________________ 
I-D-Announce mailing list 
[email-masked] 
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce 
Internet-Draft directories: http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt