Subject: [sidr] I-D Action:draft-ietf-sidr-arch-08.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 29 Jul 2009 11:15:01 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Secure Inter-Domain Routing Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : An Infrastructure to Support Secure Internet Routing
	Author(s)       : M. Lepinski, S. Kent
	Filename        : draft-ietf-sidr-arch-08.txt
	Pages           : 23
	Date            : 2009-07-29

This document describes an architecture for an infrastructure to 
support improved security of Internet routing. The foundation of this 

 architecture is a public key infrastructure (PKI) that represents the 
allocation hierarchy of IP address space and Autonomous System 
Numbers; and a distributed repository system for storing and 
disseminating the data objects that comprise the PKI, as well as 
other signed objects necessary for improved routing security. As an 
initial application of this architecture, the document describes how 
a legitimate holder of IP address space can explicitly and verifiably 
authorize one or more ASes to originate routes to that address space. 
Such verifiable authorizations could be used, for example, to more 
securely construct BGP route filters.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-sidr-arch-08.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.