Subject: [sidr] Draft-ietf-sidr-roa-format-05

From: Matt Lepinski <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 13 Jul 2009 15:43:17 -0400

I submitted a new version of the ROA format specification.

Based on working group discussion of appropriate signature and digest 
algorithms for use with the RPKI, I removed all referenced to specific 
algorithms from the ROA specification. Additionally, I added text making 
it clear that signature and digest algorithms used in a ROA must be 
consistent with the certificate policy referenced in the resource 
certificate under which the ROA is issued. This concentrates all 
discussion of appropriate algorithms into the certificate policy 
document which is where (I believe) such discussion belongs.

If the working group finds this change to the ROA format document 
acceptable, I will make an analogous change in the next version of the 
RPKI Manifests document.

Additional changes include:
-- Attempted to make more explicit the following two facts:
---- ROAs will have only a single signature
---- A ROA may contain two prefixes such that first prefix completely 
encompasses the second
-- Added appropriate references to discussion of time stamp signing 
attributes
-- Attempted to make ROA validation procedure more clear