Subject: [sidr] #2: Objection noted to operational considerations in architecture document

From: "sidr issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 29 Oct 2009 02:36:39 -0000

#2: Objection noted to operational considerations in architecture document
-----------------------------+----------------------------------------------
 Reporter:  gih@…            |       Owner:     
     Type:  task             |      Status:  new
 Priority:  major            |   Milestone:     
Component:  arch             |     Version:     
 Severity:  In WG Last Call  |    Keywords:     
-----------------------------+----------------------------------------------
 The document needs to have the 3 hour time cycle removed, and some form of
 operational guidelines placed in a distinct document (whether 3 hours, or
 some other time, is up to that document).

   George Michaelson

 For reference, the relevant text is in section 6:

   Note that since relying parties will perform these operations
   regularly, it is more efficient for the relying party to request from
   the repository system only those objects that have changed since the
   relying party last updated its local cache. A relying party may
   choose any frequency it desires for downloading and validating
   updates from the repository. However, any relying party that uses
   RPKI data as an input to operational routing decisions (e.g., ISPs,
   RIRs, NIRs) SHOULD download and validate updates at least once every
   three hours.

 Rob

-- 
Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/sidr/trac/ticket/2>
sidr <http://tools.ietf.org/sidr/>