Subject: [sidr] #13: Nit Report - ROA Format

From: "sidr issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 29 Nov 2009 20:46:59 -0000

#13: Nit Report - ROA Format
-----------------------------+----------------------------------------------
 Reporter:  gih@…            |       Owner:     
     Type:  defect           |      Status:  new
 Priority:  minor            |   Milestone:     
Component:  roa-format       |     Version:     
 Severity:  In WG Last Call  |    Keywords:     
-----------------------------+----------------------------------------------
 Rob Austein reported: My only comment from this review is that the text
 "If it is present it
 MUST be ignored by the relying party" in sections 2.1.6.4.3 and
 2.1.6.4.4 is perhaps a bit strong.  The text immediately following in
 both cases is fine, and I believe expresses the real intent here: that
 relying parties not use these timestamp fields in determining whether
 a ROA is valid.  As stated, however, this could be construed as
 forbidding an application that uses ROAs from using that field for any
 purposes whatsoever, which seems excessive.

-- 
Ticket URL: <http://zinfandel.levkowetz.com/wg/sidr/trac/ticket/13>
sidr <http://tools.ietf.org/sidr/>