Subject: [sidr] #8: Distinguished Names in the RPKI

From: "sidr issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 11 Nov 2009 11:42:26 -0000

#8: Distinguished Names in the RPKI
-----------------------------+----------------------------------------------
 Reporter:  gih@…            |       Owner:     
     Type:  enhancement      |      Status:  new
 Priority:  medium           |   Milestone:     
Component:  res-certs        |     Version:     
 Severity:  In WG Last Call  |    Keywords:     
-----------------------------+----------------------------------------------
 reported by Steve Kent:

 Tim Polk asked David Cooper (a NIST colleague) to check on the question
 that was raised during our meeting yesterday morning. The question was
 whether, if we require Subject and Issuer names in X.509 certs to be
 either just a CN or a CN plus a serialNumber (as a set), one could use
 commonly available CA software generate certs. The answer is that both
 OpenSSL and an NSS can do this. OpenSSL required some configuration
 effort, but David provided the details of the config params in his
 response!

 this related to arch and res-cert drafts - one, or both need to reflect
 this structure if adopted

-- 
Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/sidr/trac/ticket/8>
sidr <http://tools.ietf.org/sidr/>