Subject: [sidr] #6: Nit Report - Architecture document

From: "sidr issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 02 Nov 2009 01:38:21 -0000

#6: Nit Report - Architecture document
-----------------------------+----------------------------------------------
 Reporter:  gih@…            |       Owner:     
     Type:  defect           |      Status:  new
 Priority:  minor            |   Milestone:     
Component:  arch             |     Version:     
 Severity:  In WG Last Call  |    Keywords:     
-----------------------------+----------------------------------------------
 * Section 4.3 Access Protocols

 " Current efforts to implement a repository system use RSYNC [14] as
   the single access protocol.  RSYNC, as used in this implementation,
   provides all of the above functionality. A document specifying the
   conventions for use of RSYNC in the PKI will be prepared."

 I am not aware of rsync being used to upload/change/delete objects in a
 repository as a single access protocol. My understanding is that rsync is
 mandated as one of the protocols for download, and at present, the former
 modification actions are done using Up/down otherwise known as
 draft-ietf-sidr-rescerts-provisioning-05.

 * Section 5. Manifests

 This section enters the discussion that the repository system is
 untrusted(sic), and the manifests are needed due to attack risks. Yet this
 isn't further discussed or fleshed out as to why the repo structure is not
 trusted and potentially why no further effort is made to have a trustable
 repo structure irrespective of the attack vectors of an untrusted
 repository
 system.

 Terry

-- 
Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/sidr/trac/ticket/6>
sidr <http://tools.ietf.org/sidr/>