Subject: [sidr] second algorithm and transition process

From: Sandra Murphy <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 5 Mar 2010 19:02:56 -0500 (Eastern Standard Time)

In the last IETF meeting, Tim Polk speaking as security AD said that the 
matter of algorithm agility could be addressed by producing a draft 
describing a second algorithm and a draft describing an algorithm 
transition process, subject to concurrence by his co-AD.

I've not heard from Tim about his co-AD's acceptance of this strategy, but 
I suggest that we proceed with this.

I would like to hear from volunteers who would be willing to take the pen 
to write either of these drafts.

I believe that the second algorithm draft should be straightforward (Tim 
suggested ECDSA).

I don't believe that the transition process is quite so straightforward 
and I invite everyone to begin to discuss this on list.

--Sandy

---

From: Stephen Kent <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 6 Mar 2010 15:18:51 -0500

Sandy,

I will be happy to work on both drafts, assuming others volunteer :-).

Steve

---

From: Sean Turner <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 11 Mar 2010 16:22:47 -0500

I'd be willing to help.

spt

Stephen Kent wrote:
> _______________________________________________
> sidr mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sidr
>