Subject: [sidr] #18: language describing signing

From: "sidr issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 05 Mar 2010 23:50:38 -0000

#18: language describing signing
------------------------------+---------------------------------------------
 Reporter:  sandy@…           |       Owner:     
     Type:  enhancement       |      Status:  new
 Priority:  medium            |   Milestone:     
Component:  repos-struct      |     Version:     
 Severity:  -                 |    Keywords:     
------------------------------+---------------------------------------------
 One comment to the list (http://www.ietf.org/mail-
 archive/web/sidr/current/msg01428.html) mentioned the language used in the
 repos-struct draft to describe signing objects and certificates.  Many
 times the draft uses a common but imprecise terminology that says the
 certificate is used to sign an object, when actually it is the private key
 associated with the public key certified by the certificate that is used.

-- 
Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/sidr/trac/ticket/18>
sidr <http://tools.ietf.org/sidr/>