Subject: [sidr] draft-ietf-sidr-rpki-rtr-06

From: "Spies, Sebastian Martin" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 16 Dec 2010 11:59:26 -0500

I have a question about the interpretation of the history, the cache should keep. Does the draft explicitely or implicitely say, that there is a minimum time, the cache have to keep its prefix entries.

Sebastian

----
Sebastian Spies
Guest Researcher
892.04 Advanced Network Technologies Division 
National Institute of Standards and Technology 
phone: 301-975-3259

---

From: Randy Bush <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 17 Dec 2010 09:10:05 +0900

> I have a question about the interpretation of the history, the cache
> should keep. Does the draft explicitely or implicitely say, that there
> is a minimum time, the cache have to keep its prefix entries.

from 5.1

   To limit the length of time a cache must keep the data necessary to
   generate incremental updates, a router MUST send either a Serial
   Query or a Reset Query no less frequently than once an hour.  This
   also acts as a keep alive at the application layer.

   As the cache MAY not keep updates for more than one hour, the router
   MUST have a polling interval of no greater than half an hour