Subject: [sidr] New Version : draft-ietf-sidr-signed-object-02

From: Matt Lepinski <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 31 Dec 2010 16:04:35 -0500

In response to comments received during the November WGLC, the authors 
have submitted a new version of draft-ietf-sidr-signed-object

The new version contains the following changes:

** Changed the list in Section 4 of the document to address Geoff's 
concern. In particular, the list is now three items long (previously was 
four) and the new text makes it clear that a specification for an object 
that uses the signed-object profile MUST specify only one OID to 
identify the content type. (However, this single OID is used in two 
places in the signed-object profile.)

** Removed the requirement that a particular ASN.1 version number syntax 
in the encapsulated content (in response to Rob's comment). It is 
RECOMMENDED that signed object contents include some form of  version 
number but no particular syntax is specified.

** Fixed a couple of nits, must notably in the bibliography [Thanks Sean]

The authors believe that this new version addresses all of the issues 
raised during WGLC.
- Matt Lepinski

---

From: Rob Austein <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 31 Dec 2010 16:14:35 -0500

This version addresses my concern.  Thanks, Matt.

I would now urge Randy to remove the no-longer-mandated ASN.1 wrapper
from the eContent specification in section 5 of the Ghostbusters
Record draft, so that we can use off-the-shelf tools to parse both the
Ghostbusters Record and its encapsulated content.