Subject: [sidr] I-D Action: draft-ietf-sidr-bgpsec-algs-12.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 02 Nov 2015 18:03:45 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the Secure Inter-Domain Routing Working Group of the IETF.

        Title           : BGPsec Algorithms, Key Formats, & Signature Formats
        Author          : Sean Turner
	Filename        : draft-ietf-sidr-bgpsec-algs-12.txt
	Pages           : 7
	Date            : 2015-11-02

Abstract:
   This document specifies the algorithms, algorithms' parameters,
   asymmetric key formats, asymmetric key size and signature format used
   in BGPsec (Border Gateway Protocol Security).  This document updates
   the Profile for Algorithms and Key Sizes for use in the Resource
   Public Key Infrastructure (draft-ietf-sidr-rfc6485bis).

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-sidr-bgpsec-algs/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-sidr-bgpsec-algs-12

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-sidr-bgpsec-algs-12

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

---

From: Sean Turner <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 3 Nov 2015 11:07:10 +0900

Incorporates comments received during WGLC.

Willing to be shouted down on the tweaks in the IANA considerations section, but I am hoping that we can move progress this version of the document towards our AD.

spt

> On Nov 03, 2015, at 11:03, [email-masked] wrote:
> 
> 
> _______________________________________________
> sidr mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sidr

---

From: Randy Bush <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 03 Nov 2015 14:11:29 +0900

> Willing to be shouted down on the tweaks in the IANA considerations
> section

piffle.  ship it

randy

---

From: Russ Housley <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 3 Nov 2015 03:27:47 -0500

I just reviewed the changes, and I think this is ready to go to the IESG.

Russ

---

From: David Mandelberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 03 Nov 2015 17:38:20 -0500

Thanks, this addresses all the (minor) comments I sent off-list during 
WGLC. And since I realized I hadn't remembered to publicly support this, 
I'll do so now: it looks good to me.

On 2015-11-02 21:07, Sean Turner wrote:
> section, but I am hoping that we can move progress this version of 
> the
> document towards our AD.
>
> spt
>

-- 
David Eric Mandelberg / dseomn
http://david.mandelberg.org/

---

From: t.petch <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 4 Nov 2015 11:14:34 +0000

----- Original Message -----
From: "Sean Turner" <[email-masked]>
To: "sidr wg list" <[email-masked]>
Sent: Tuesday, November 03, 2015 2:07 AM

> Willing to be shouted down on the tweaks in the IANA considerations
section, but I am hoping that we can move progress this version of the
document towards our AD.

Sean

More a gentle nudge than a shout.

draft-leiba-cotton-iana-5226bis-11 introduces the idea of a registry
being within a group and this I-D makes no mention of the latter.  Is
the intent to have a new BGPsec Group, slotting in between Battery
Technologies and BFD, or is it part of the existing RPKI Group?  I
suggest making that explicit in the IANA Considerations.

And to make the IANA Considerations complete of themselves, since they
get extracted onto a web site, should there be a reference to the
constraints imposed on the algorithms in section two i.e. the two
algorithms to be registered must be as specified in rfc6485bis?  An
rfc6485ter would then have to have IANA Considerations to update that
part but I expect we would remember to do that.

Tom Petch

---

From: Sean Turner <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 5 Nov 2015 09:27:51 +0900

> suggest making that explicit in the IANA Considerations.

Oh good idea. I think we should put the BGPsec registry in the RPKI group so how about :

  The Internet Assigned Numbers Authority (IANA) is requested
  to define the "BGPsec Algorithm Suite Registry" described below
  in the Resource Public Key Infrastructure (RPKI) group.  

> part but I expect we would remember to do that.

So there’s no registry for the algorithms used to sign RPKI objects.  Folks that start out in IANA registries will need to follow some bread crumbs from ROAs, Manifests, and Ghostbusters to 6487 to 6485bis.  BGPsec will be no different in this regard.  Again, this assume readers start in the IANA registries, which I hope is not where they’re starting ;)

spt