Subject: [sidr] I-D Action: draft-ietf-sidr-delta-protocol-04.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 29 Sep 2016 02:44:05 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Secure Inter-Domain Routing of the IETF.

        Title           : RPKI Repository Delta Protocol
        Authors         : Tim Bruijnzeels
                          Oleg Muravskiy
                          Bryan Weber
                          Rob Austein
	Filename        : draft-ietf-sidr-delta-protocol-04.txt
	Pages           : 19
	Date            : 2016-09-29

Abstract:
   In the Resource Public Key Infrastructure (RPKI), certificate
   authorities publish certificates, including end entity certificates,
   Certificate Revocation Lists (CRL), and RPKI signed objects to
   repositories.  Relying Parties (RP) retrieve the published
   information from those repositories.  This document specifies a delta
   protocol which provides relying parties with a mechanism to query a
   repository for incremental updates, thus enabling the RP to keep its
   state in sync with the repository.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-sidr-delta-protocol/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-sidr-delta-protocol-04

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-sidr-delta-protocol-04

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

---

From: Tim Bruijnzeels <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 29 Sep 2016 11:52:14 +0200

Hi all,

> https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-sidr-delta-protocol-04

Most notably we have changed "the RP SHOULD continue to retrieve the data" to "the RP MUST continue to retrieve the data" in case of TLS certificate or host name validation issues. The authors believe this is feasible to implement since we now have two working implementations for this.

Other than that we have added a Security Considerations section, and the IANA Considerations section is updated to request an update to the PKIX Access Descriptor registry.

We believe that this work is now done. We have two interoperating publication servers and two interoperating validators. We would like to ask the chairs for last call on this document.

Thanks

Tim Bruijnzeels

> On 29 Sep 2016, at 11:44, [email-masked] wrote:
> 
> 
> _______________________________________________
> sidr mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sidr