Subject: [Sidrops] Opsdir last call review of draft-ietf-sidrops-bgpsec-algs-rfc8208-bis-04

From: Mehmet Ersue via Datatracker <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 18 Mar 2019 03:07:41 -0700

Reviewer: Mehmet Ersue
Review result: Has Nits

I reviewed the document "BGPsec Algorithms, Key Formats, and Signature Formats"
(draft-ietf-sidrops-bgpsec-algs-rfc8208-bis-04.txt) as part of the Operational
directorate's ongoing effort to review all IETF documents being processed by
the IESG. These comments were written primarily for the benefit of the
operational area directors.  Document editors and WG chairs should treat these
comments just like any other last call comments.

Intended status: Standards Track
Current IESG state: Waiting for Writeup
IANA State: IANA - Review Needed

Summary:
The document specifies the algorithms, algorithm parameters, asymmetric key
formats, asymmetric key sizes, and signature formats used in BGPsec.  The
document updates RFC 8208 ("BGPsec Algorithms, Key Formats, and Signature
Formats") by adding Special-Use Algorithm IDs and correcting the range of
unassigned algorithms IDs to fill the complete range.

There are some nits in the document like
- Normative reference to an Informational RFCs and
- Non-RFC (?) normative references
See
https://tools.ietf.org/idnits?url=https://tools.ietf.org/id/draft-ietf-sidrops-bgpsec-algs-rfc8208-bis-04.txt

As far as I can tell the document does not cause any issues related to
operations and management.

Mehmet