Subject: [Sidrops] The Horizontal INR Conflict-Detection Algorithm: Revealing INR Reallocation and Reauthorization in RPKI

From: Di Ma <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 8 Jul 2021 14:37:34 +0800

Hi, folks,

My team has just got a paper published, which is about RPKI analysis.

The abstract of this paper is: 

Resource Public Key Infrastructure (RPKI) is a promising security enhancement to the Border Gateway Protocol, but it only requires the relying party (RP) to validate Internet Number Resource (INR) allocation or authorization relationships expressed in parent-child certificate pairs vertically. Therefore, conflicts in INR allocation and authorization may exist because of the limitations of the validation procedure of the RP software, in other words, certification authority malfunctions in issuing RPKI objects within a publication point cannot be detected by the RP. We develop a model of such conflicts and propose a horizontal INR conflict-detection algorithm with acceptable build time and query time. The proposed algorithm was tested on real-world RPKI data to identify actual and potential INR conflicts and its accurateness has been tried to be evaluated. This paper also discusses the deployment issues and the accuracy dependence about our algorithm design.

The full paper can be accessed via:

https://ieeexplore.ieee.org/document/9463976

Di

---

From: Job Snijders <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 8 Jul 2021 13:27:51 +0200

Dear Di Ma,

> https://ieeexplore.ieee.org/document/9463976

I'd love to read the paper, but it appears a subscription is needed to
download the PDF. Can you share it directly with the group?

Kind regards,

Job

---

From: Randy Bush <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 08 Jul 2021 10:51:03 -0700

> download the PDF. Can you share it directly with the group?

usually one just waits a week and a search tool can find it on one of
the authors' home pages.  ieee et alia allow self pub.  it's like who
the heck did the work?

randy