Subject: [Sidrops] [WG-ADOPTION] draft-ymbk-sidrops-rov-no-rr ENDS: 2/10/2022 (Feb 2nd 2022)

From: Christopher Morrow <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2022 14:22:26 -0500

Howdy Folks!

Please take this note as the start of a WorkingGroup Adoption Call for:
  https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ymbk-sidrops-rov-no-rr

whose abstract is:
  "A BGP Speaker performing RPKI-based policy should not issue Route
   Refresh to its neighbors when receiving new RPKI data.  A method for
   avoiding doing so is described."

The document is predictably short, talks about a problem which seems real
and proposes a direction :) Give it a read, consider it's place in the
world of SIDROPS and ACK/NACK this message to signal appropriate action.

thanks!
-chris
co-chair-persona

---

From: Job Snijders <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2022 20:31:45 +0100

Hey Chris, group,

I think this document already went through “call for WG adoption” in
december 2021?

(Perhaps I’m confused, but in any case - yes, I support this doc being
adopted!)

Kind regards,

Job

On Thu, 27 Jan 2022 at 20:22, Christopher Morrow <
[email-masked]> wrote:

> _______________________________________________
> Sidrops mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sidrops
>

---

From: Christopher Morrow <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2022 16:14:10 -0500

> (Perhaps I’m confused, but in any case - yes, I support this doc being
https://mailarchive.ietf.org/arch/msg/sidrops/zvyOkN-aMut66-jwW9sH382W870

one of us is confused, one is not... I'll leave it to the readers to
determine.
So... as I was saying, could the authors please send an updated version
into the datatracker? :)

-chris
co-chair-persona
(thanks for bearing with me in this world of uncertain email subjects and
contents)