Subject: redirect action

From: "Mike Gahrns" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 23 Jul 1999 13:57:29 -0700

We have interest in this draft, but may have some trouble implementing the
"redirect" action however.

We'd like to see similiar wording as to what was done for the "fileinto"
action. I.e.  Implementations SHOULD support redirect, but in some
environments this may be difficult.

Would it be possible to make "redirect" symmetrical with "fileinto" in this
regard.

thx

---

From: Lawrence Greenfield <[email-masked]>
Date: 23 Jul 1999 17:34:34 -0400

If this is going to be done, I would like this decision to be made
soon.  We're planning on rolling out a Sieve mail filter rather soon,
and I would prefer that scripts not break because they lack a
require "redirect"
command.  (Conversely, adding require "redirect" into scripts now
would make them not work.)

On retrospect, it seems somewhat unfortunate that we didn't require a
minimal functionality from implementations.

Larry