Subject: Does sieve have provisions for examining attachments...

From: "Madan Ganesh Velayudham" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 2 Nov 2003 23:02:09 +0530

Hi,

	Does SIEVE have provisions for examining 
	attachments in the received message ?

	like on Windows, I don't want to receive
	any exe file attachments. Enforce rules on
	attachments.

	If there is no provision, I would like to 
	work on it.

	Thanks in advance,

	Cheers,
	MG

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 02 Nov 2003 11:38:41 -0800 (PST)

> 	If there is no provision, I would like to

draft-degener-sieve-body-01.txt

				Ned

---

From: Cyrus Daboo <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 03 Nov 2003 14:48:13 -0500

Hi [email-masked],

--On Sunday, November 02, 2003 11:38 AM -0800 [email-masked] wrote:

|> 	If there is no provision, I would like to
|> 	work on it.
|
| draft-degener-sieve-body-01.txt

That does not allow tests against the MIME structure of a message, only the 
content of a message selected by MIME type. What is needed is an equivalent 
of the "header" test that allows for testing against all MIME headers in a 
message (not just the top-level ones that "header" has access to). I've 
actually been working on a draft of a new "mime" test for that and can post 
it once the draft repository has opened up again. Obviously this requires a 
SIEVE implementation to do a full MIME parse of a message to extract the 
MIME structure, but the body extension pretty much requires that too.

-- 
Cyrus Daboo