Subject: SIEVE Lunch Agenda Suggestions

From: Cyrus Daboo <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 11 Nov 2003 15:02:16 -0600

We still plan on holding a SIEVE lunch at the IETF meeting tomorrow 
(Wednesday). Those attending should meet at the back of the Rochester room 
at the end of the IMAPext meeting. We will try and use the cafe in the 
hotel lobby so we can have people attend via Jabber.

Here is a suggestion for an agenda:

- Discussion of current drafts:

imapflags
vacation
regex
managesieve
notify
body
spamtest
include
variables
multiscript
editheader
copy

- Discussion of new drafts:

mime (mime headers tests)
date (tests against dates)
report (allowing logging of sieve actions for end-users)

If you have any additional items for the list above please let me know. 
Also, if you  are an author of any of the above and won't be able to 
participate in the meeting and want to provide an update on your document, 
please send something to me and I will make sure it gets mentioned at the 
meeting.

-- 
Cyrus Daboo

---

From: Ken Murchison <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 12 Nov 2003 13:15:04 -0500

Cyrus Daboo wrote:

> (Wednesday). Those attending should meet at the back of the Rochester 
> room at the end of the IMAPext meeting. We will try and use the cafe in 
> the hotel lobby so we can have people attend via Jabber.
> 

Since you guys are having trouble with jabber, here are some outstanding 
issues with regex:

- il8n?

- do we allow backreferences? e.g.  '(.*)\1'

- do we allow the use of variables?  e.g. for the regex '(.*)xxx(.*)', 
$1 would contain the contents of the first () and $2 would contain the 
contents of the second ()

- do we allow use of macros such as \w (word match)?

-- 
Kenneth Murchison     Oceana Matrix Ltd.
Software Engineer     21 Princeton Place
716-662-8973 x26      Orchard Park, NY 14127
--PGP Public Key--    http://www.oceana.com/~ken/ksm.pgp