Subject: running a script after a certain delay

From: Thoralf Will <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 05 Nov 2003 13:52:04 +0100

Hi all,

is there any implementation/idea/suggestion available already to run a
script after a certain time has passed?

Example:
Mail from [email-masked] arrives and gets delivered, the usual scripts are
running and put it into a special folder.
A 2nd script starts 1h later, looks for a mail in this special folder
and does something (redirect again, autoreply ...) if there is still a
mail.

Is this possible and when how or are there any intentions to implement
something like this?

Regards,
Thoralf Will

---

From: "Mark E. Mallett" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 5 Nov 2003 10:27:48 -0500

> Is this possible and when how or are there any intentions to implement

That's actually an interesting notion: I assume the point is to give
an autoreply if a human hasn't dealt with an issue soon.  But it sounds
more appropriate for a ticketing system than a final delivery filter.

mm

---

From: Alexey Melnikov <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 05 Nov 2003 15:45:22 +0000

Thoralf Will wrote:

>Is this possible
The way you describe it, the 2nd script is just being executed by a 
special type Mail User Agent.

>and when how or are there any intentions to implement
>something like this?
>  
>
Can you be more specific. For the task you describe, I don't see any 
need to modify/extend Sieve.

If you are looking for a product that can do that, you should at least 
tell us what is your OS requirement.

Alexey
__________________________________________
Isode Limited, http://www.isode.com

IETF standard related pages:
http://www.melnikov.ca/mel/devel/Links.html
__________________________________________