Subject: Checking Status of Other Messages?

From: "Felix E. Klee" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 11 Dec 2004 03:48:34 +0100

Hi,

are there any Sieve extensions that allow retrieving information about other
messages on an IMAP server?  If not, would such extensions be possible.

To be specific, I'd like to have an extension that allows me to check whether
any of the messages mentioned in the "References:"-header are flagged.

Felix

---

From: Kjetil Torgrim Homme <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 11 Dec 2004 09:30:33 +0100

> messages on an IMAP server?  If not, would such extensions be possible.

not sure if that is in scope or not, but I don't think a proposal must
be rejected on that basis.  however, no other Sieve mechanism depends on
anything but the message itself.

> any of the messages mentioned in the "References:"-header are flagged.

that's not a very general feature, is it?

one other obstacle is that Sieve has no method for iterating over the
IDs in References.  (In-Reply-To may be a better header to check.)

-- 
Kjetil T.

---

From: Arnt Gulbrandsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 11 Dec 2004 13:07:55 +0100

Kjetil Torgrim Homme writes:
> be rejected on that basis. however, no other Sieve mechanism depends 
> on anything but the message itself.

Doesn't the spamfilter proposal pull in an open-ended set of other data 
sources?

Arnt

---

From: Kjetil Torgrim Homme <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 11 Dec 2004 15:22:26 +0100

> Doesn't the spamfilter proposal pull in an open-ended set of other data 

the location of external data and how it should be used is hardcoded in
the implementation, the script has no influence on this.  that's my
reading of the draft, anyway.

to satisfy pedantry :-), s/depends on/references/
-- 
Kjetil T.