Subject: Re: draft-elvey-refuse-sieve-02.txt; http://wiki.fastmail.fm/wiki/index.php/SieveExtensionsSupportMatrix

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 01 Dec 2004 07:43:13 -0800 (PST)

> In order to move forward since the discussion of this draft at the last BOF:

> I would like to gauge interest. Which SIEVE
> implementations/implementors 'intend' to write code to support some
> IETF-blessed extension in order to provide a "Reject before delivery
> capability" (e.g. draft-elvey-refuse-sieve or a derivative)?

We certainly plan to support whatever is standardized.

> Currently, no implementations have this ability.

Actuaally, ours already does, abeit through the use of nonstandard actions. I
have to say I find this capability to be quite valuable in practice.

> Please indicate your interest! (e.g. Edit the wiki page mentioned below (put
> an "i" in the right place) or reply to me and I'll make the edit for you.)

I note in passing that the page you cite doesn't have columns for either the
PMDF or the Sun sieve implementations. I certainly can provide information
about what Sun does or does not implement.

					Ned

---

From: Matthew Elvey <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 01 Dec 2004 18:02:51 -0500

On 12/1/2004 10:43 AM, [email-masked] sent forth electrons to 

> We certainly plan to support whatever is standardized.

Great. We = Sun.Innosoft?  What Sieve implementations?

> Actually, ours already does, abeit through the use of nonstandard 
> actions. I

Cool.  A pointer to or copy of docs of this feature would be nice to have.

> PMDF or the Sun sieve implementations. 

You seem to have missed the third column (which was the fourth column 
'till today)

> I certainly can provide information

Please do and I'll make the edits for you. (the table is hard to edit.)
Also, do you get that the page is part of a wiki?
http://wiki.fastmail.fm/wiki/index.php/WikiWikiWeb
Please include links.  I don't get whether PDMF is a Sun implementation 
or not; please explain when you email me.  Sun owns innosoft, which made 
PDMF...

---

From: "Mark E. Mallett" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 2 Dec 2004 17:32:27 -0500

On Tue, Nov 30, 2004 at 09:38:15PM -0500, Matthew Elvey wrote:
> Please indicate your interest! (e.g. Edit the wiki page mentioned below 
> (put an "i" in the right place) or reply to me and I'll make the edit for 
> you.)
> 
> ('Intend' just indicates strong interest, it doesn't mean "Guarantee by x 
> date")

I'm quite interested in the capability in SIEVE of indicating refusal at
SMTP time.  My own implementation is not capable of supporting that at
present, since it's not integrated with any SMTP server in a way that
would allow it, but that kind of integration is on the wish list..

As for the details, well, that's where the fun is :-)

mm