Subject: possible? Convert inline PGP to MIME with sieve?

From: Denny Schierz <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 09 Dec 2004 12:25:26 +0100

hi,

we're using a cyrus-postfix-mysql-system and we want to convert the old
style pgp mails, into the new MIME "standard". Normal, its prossible via
procmail, but it takes so much power, so i asking, if it is possible to
do that with sieve.

is it?

cu denny

-- 
Denny Schierz <[email-masked]>

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 09 Dec 2004 07:20:59 -0800 (PST)

> is it?

No. Simply put, this is not what sieve is for. Sieve is a mail filtering
language; it provides various constructs to test various aspects of
messages and various constructs to specify how a message should be handled.
It does not provide mechanisms to modify message content. So, while you
could in theory use sieve to test to see if a message was in the old
pgp format (assuming the yet-to-be-standardized body extension was
present), there's no way to perform the conversion you're after. That's
going to require a special sort of conversion program.

				Ned

---

From: Kjetil Torgrim Homme <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 09 Dec 2004 16:39:45 +0100

> procmail, but it takes so much power, so i asking, if it is possible to

Sieve can't modify messages at all.  (there is an extension for adding
or removing extra headers coming soon, that's it.)

-- 
Kjetil T.