Subject: Re: Imapflags "hasflag" test interaction with relational draft

From: Kjetil Torgrim Homme <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 01 Feb 2006 13:19:20 +0100

On Tue, 2006-01-31 at 13:45 -0500, Mark E. Mallett wrote:
> Relational says:
> 
>   The COUNT match type SHOULD only be used with numeric comparators.
> 
> which is quite different from saying that a different comparator should
> be defaulted when using :count .  I think that trying to induce
> different default comparators depending on combination of options opens
> up a can of worms; i.e. I would agree that the default comparator should
> not depend on the match type.

I agree.  changing the default comparator to numeric for "count" would
make just as much sense with every other match type, but it's too late
to do that now even if it was a good idea (I haven't thought it
through).

I think the hasflag test in "imapflags" should be extended to allow an
optional comparator, for consistency with other match types.  since the
default comparator is the same as for the rest of Sieve, this fits
nicely.
-- 
Kjetil T.