Subject: I-D Action:draft-ietf-sieve-mime-loop-05.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 14 Jul 2008 14:15:02 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Sieve Mail Filtering Language Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Sieve Email Filtering: MIME part Tests, Iteration, Extraction, Replacement and Enclosure
	Author(s)       : T. Hansen, C. Daboo
	Filename        : draft-ietf-sieve-mime-loop-05.txt
	Pages           : 19
	Date            : 2008-07-14

This document defines extensions to the Sieve email filtering
language to permit analysis and manipulation of the MIME body parts
of an email message.

Note

This document is being discussed on the MTA-FILTERS mailing list,
[email-masked].

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-sieve-mime-loop-05.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.

---

From: Alexey Melnikov <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 15 Jul 2008 15:49:24 +0100

Speaking as a WG participant:

The latest version looks good to me. A couple of new issues:

1).
 >Usage: foreverypart [":name" string] block

The document is silent on whether each name string should be unique or 
not. What should happen if 2 nested foreverypart loops use the same 
name: the inner loop's name hides the outer name or is this a runtime error?

2). I think the MIME Loops document should discuss implications on 
digital signatures. This issue came up during IESG review of several 
documents recently.