Subject: sieve-notify-mailto

From: Peter Saint-Andre <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 02 Sep 2008 20:57:04 -0600

In Lisa Dusseault's apps area activity report for July and August, I 
noticed this item:

 > draft-ietf-sieve-notify-mailto (PS):  Finished IETF Last Call,
 > IANA has issues

What are the IANA issues? Can the WG help here to move this I-D forward?

Peter

---

From: Lisa Dusseault <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 3 Sep 2008 10:21:54 -0700

Here's IANA's review. I guess the only real issue is what the  
registration procedures are for the "Auto-Submitted Header Keywords"  
registry.

-----

Comment:	IANA Last Call comments:

IANA has questions:

Please define the registration procedures for the new registry
created in section 6.2.

Action 1 (section 6.1):

Upon approval of this document, the IANA will make the following
assignments in the "Sieve Notification Mechanisms" registry located
at
http://www.iana.org/assignments/sieve-notification

Mechanism name: mailto
Mechanism URI: RFC2368
Mechanism-specific tags: none
Standards Track/IESG-approved experimental RFC number: [RFC- ietf- 
sieve-notify-mailto-06.txt]
Person and email address to contact for further information:
Michael Haardt <[email-masked]>

Action 2 (sections 6.2, 6.3):

Upon approval of this document, the IANA will create the following
registry "Auto-Submitted Header Keywords" located at
http://www.iana.org/assignments/TBD

Registration Template:

To: [email-masked]
Subject: Registration of new auto-submitted header field keyword
Keyword value: [the text value of the field]
Description: [a brief explanation of the purpose of this value]
Parameters: [list any keyword-specific parameters, specify their
meanings, specify whether they are required or optional; use "none"
if there are none]
Standards Track/IESG-approved experimental RFC number: [identifies the  
specification that defines the value being registered]
Contact: [name and email address to contact for further information]

Registration Procedures: UNKNOWN

Initial contents of this registry will be:

Keyword value: no
Description: Indicates that a message was NOT automatically
generated, but was created by a human. It is the equivalent to the
absence of an Auto-Submitted header altogether.
Parameters: none
Standards Track/IESG-approved experimental RFC number: RFC3834
Contact: Keith Moore <[email-masked]>

Keyword value: auto-generated
Description: Indicates that a message was generated by an
automatic process, and is not a direct response to another
message.
Parameters: none
Standards Track/IESG-approved experimental RFC number: RFC3834
Contact: Keith Moore <[email-masked]>

Keyword value: auto-replied
Description: Indicates that a message was automatically generated
as a direct response to another message.
Parameters: none
Standards Track/IESG-approved experimental RFC number: RFC3834
Contact: Keith Moore <[email-masked]>

Keyword value: sieve-notify
Description: Indicates that a message was generated by a Sieve
notification system.
Parameters: owner-email, owner-token. Both optional, both refer to
the owner of the Sieve script that generated this message. See the
relevant RFC for details.
Standards Track/IESG-approved experimental RFC number:
[RFC-sieve-notify-mailto-07]
Contact: Michael Haardt <[email-masked]>

We understand the above to be the only IANA Actions for this
document.

---

From: Barry Leiba <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 03 Sep 2008 14:34:27 -0400

> registration procedures are for the "Auto-Submitted Header Keywords"

I've already fixed that.  I have one more iteration of the draft to do,
which should go out Very Soon... I have a deadline at work to get to,
and then I'll do a final rev on this.

Barry

---

From: Michael Haardt <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 09 Sep 2008 08:16:59 +0200

> relevant RFC for details.

Which reminds me that I never saw a response to my suggestion of
renaming it to "auto-notified".  It is not specific to Sieve really.

Michael

---

From: Alexey Melnikov <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 09 Sep 2008 10:51:52 +0100

>renaming it to "auto-notified".  It is not specific to Sieve really.
It was changed as you suggested in the latest posted draft.