Subject: draft-ietf-sieve-mime-loop: meaning of :anychild when :mime is not present

From: Alexey Melnikov <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 17 Aug 2009 21:27:58 +0100

Tim Polk pointed out during the IESG review that the behavior of 
:anychild without :mime is not defined.
In a private exchange Tony listed alternatives

    1)    The ":anychild" tagged argument is used with the ":mime" tagged
    argument to modify its behavior.
or
    2)    The ":anychild" tagged argument is used with the ":mime" tagged
    argument to modify its behavior. The ":anychild" tagged argument
    is not used without the ":mime" tagged argument.
or
    3)    The ":anychild" tagged argument may only be used with the
    ":mime" tagged argument to modify its behavior.

and mentioned that he slightly prefers 1). Cyrus expressed his 
preference for option 3). I think we need to get WG consensus on this 
change.

---

From: Barry Leiba <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 20 Aug 2009 09:59:06 -0400

>   ":mime" tagged argument to modify its behavior.

3.

Barry