Subject: [sieve] [Fwd: [RFC Draft] A Protocol for Remotely Managing Sieve Scripts]

From: Alexey Melnikov <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 07 Sep 2009 10:46:38 +0100

Forwarding with author's permission. This is indeed a bug that I will 
try to fix during AUTH48.

Subject: [RFC Draft] A Protocol for Remotely Managing Sieve Scripts
From: Julien Coloos <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 28 Aug 2009 15:04:25 +0200

Hi,

The RFC draft "A Protocol for Remotely Managing Sieve Scripts" is 
available at http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-martin-managesieve and 
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-sieve-managesieve. The latter 
appears to be the latest version available, and has not yet been 
promoted to a full-fledged RFC.
If that is the case, in latest revision (09: 
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-sieve-managesieve-09), the "Formal 
syntax" chapter (section 4, page 32) indicates:

QUOTED-CHAR           = SAFE-UTF8-CHAR / DQUOTE QUOTED-SPECIALS

I may be wrong, but shouldn't it be

QUOTED-CHAR           = SAFE-UTF8-CHAR / "\" QUOTED-SPECIALS

as last seen in previous draft revision (06: 
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-martin-managesieve-06) ?

Hope it helps.

PS: I'm not used to comment on RFC drafts, but I didn't find the proper 
way to do this if not by contacting its authors directly. If there is a 
better way, do not hesitate to tell me.