Subject: [sieve] Notify mailto: Another question

From: Hannah Schroeter <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 18 Nov 2009 14:41:57 +0100

Hello!

RFC 5435 says that the :options tag on the notify action can be used
to pass additional parameters to the notification method, and
interpretation is method specific.

RFC 5436 just says "This tag is not used by the mailto method". However
it doesn't specify what happens when a script still specifies it with a
mailto action. Is it completely silently ignored? Does it always cause
an error? Does it cause an error only if its syntax doesn't match the
basic syntax in RFC 5435, section 3.5, but is ignored otherwise?

Kind regards,

Hannah.

---

From: Alexey Melnikov <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 18 Nov 2009 13:53:15 +0000

>Hello!
Hi Hannah,

>basic syntax in RFC 5435, section 3.5, but is ignored otherwise?
The latter, but completely ignoring :options with mailto: would be Ok as 
well.