Subject: [sieve] Reviving draft-ietf-sieve-imap-sieve

From: Barry Leiba <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 26 Jan 2010 14:04:30 -0500

> A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
> This draft is a work item of the Sieve Mail Filtering Language Working Group of the IETF.
>
>        Title           : Support for Sieve in Internet Message Access Protocol (IMAP4)
>        Author(s)       : B. Leiba
>        Filename        : draft-ietf-sieve-imap-sieve-00.txt
>        Pages           : 24
>        Date            : 2010-01-26
>
> Sieve defines an email filtering language that can, in principle,
> plug into any point in the processing of an email message.  As
> defined in the base specification, it plugs into mail delivery.  This
> document defines how Sieve can plug into points in the IMAP protocol
> where messages are created or changed, adding the option of user-
> defined or installation-defined filtering (or, with Sieve extensions,
> features such as notifications).
...
> A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
> http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-sieve-imap-sieve-00.txt

I have just submitted draft-ietf-sieve-imap-sieve-00, which moves
draft-ietf-lemonade-imap-sieve-06 over to the Sieve working group.
What I submitted is meant to revive the now-expired draft and move it
here, and to work on resolving the issues that Ned brought up a very
long time ago now.  If I remember correctly, Ned has the current
action on this, to look it over, particularly the notes (search for
"[["), see if the last set of changes I made satisfy some of the
issues that Ned had with it, and see what Ned suggests doing about the
others.

Ned, can you have a look?  Thanks.

Barry