Subject: [sieve] I-D Action:draft-ietf-sieve-imap-sieve-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 26 Jan 2010 11:00:01 -0800 (PST)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Sieve Mail Filtering Language Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Support for Sieve in Internet Message Access Protocol (IMAP4)
	Author(s)       : B. Leiba
	Filename        : draft-ietf-sieve-imap-sieve-00.txt
	Pages           : 24
	Date            : 2010-01-26

Sieve defines an email filtering language that can, in principle,
plug into any point in the processing of an email message.  As
defined in the base specification, it plugs into mail delivery.  This
document defines how Sieve can plug into points in the IMAP protocol
where messages are created or changed, adding the option of user-
defined or installation-defined filtering (or, with Sieve extensions,
features such as notifications).Note

This document defines extensions to IMAP and Sieve.  It is the work
of the Sieve Working Group, but had previously been in the lemonade
mailing list, as draft-ietf-lemonade-imap-sieve.

1.  Discussion of this document should be taken to the Sieve mailing

 list at mailto:[email-masked]

2.  Subscription requests can be sent to

 mailto:[email-masked]?body=subscribe (send an email message with

 the word "subscribe" in the body).

3.  A WWW archive of back messages is available at

 http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/sieve/index.html

4.  Older messages, which were posted to the lemonade mailing list,

 are archived at

 http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/lemonade/index.html

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-sieve-imap-sieve-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.