Subject: [sieve] I-D Action:draft-freed-sieve-notary-08.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 3 May 2010 18:30:01 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Sieve Mail Filtering Language Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Sieve Email Filtering: Delivery Status Notifications and Deliver-By Extensions
	Author(s)       : N. Freed
	Filename        : draft-freed-sieve-notary-08.txt
	Pages           : 15
	Date            : 2010-05-03

This document describes the "envelope-dsn", "redirect-dsn",
"envelope-deliverby", and "redirect-deliverby" extensions to the
Sieve email filtering language.  The "envelope-dsn" and "envelope-
deliverby" extensions provide access to additional envelope
information provided by the delivery status notification and
deliver-by SMTP extensions, respectively.  The "redirect-dsn" and
"redirect-deliverby" extensions extend Sieve's redirect action to
provide control over delivery status notification and deliver-by
parameters, respectively.

Change History (to be removed prior to publication as an RFC

Correct RFC 2852 section reference.

Removed some extraneous [ characters from a couple of figures.

Clarified orcpt decoding.

Changed the ABNF for notary values to disallow spaces.

Fixed several typos.

Changed name of extension from notary to envelope-dsn.

Added the redirect-dsn extension.

Updated references.

Added a note about the use of ADDRESS-PART arguments with the new
envelope-part strings defined by the envelope-dsn extension.

Fleshed out the redirect-dsn extension.

Changed document title to agree with new extension names.

Added some examples.
Fixed more typos.

Changed dsn-envelope and dsn-redirect to envelope-dsn and redirect-
dsn, respectively.

Added a redirect-dsn example.

Added the two deliver-by extensions.

Added requirements text regarding envelope sender address selection.

Added various clarifications about negative by-time values.

Added a pointer to the conventions section to where Sieve errors are
discussed.

Clearified test failure text in both envelope extensions.

Addeed the ability to deal with by-times as either absolute ISO 8601
or relative integer values.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-freed-sieve-notary-08.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.