Subject: [sieve] draft-ietf-sieve-external-lists-05

From: Barry Leiba <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 1 Mar 2011 16:43:51 -0500

Alexey and I have submitted an update to the external-lists draft:
> A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
> http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-sieve-external-lists-05.txt

There are two open issues that remain in this version; please see the
"to-do" section near the beginning, and the comments in the text
(search for "[[").

Repeating the issues here, in hope of getting discussion:

1. We're still uncertain of the working group's final decision with
respect to mandatory-to-implement URL scheme and how to access the
user's personal address book.  This version has a draft registration
for a URL scheme called "ab:"; please check that, see if the
registration looks right, and see if you think that's the right way to
go about this.

Should we use this (an "ab:" URL)?  Should that be the MTI scheme?
Should we change the examples accordingly?

2. Ned had suggested that :list tests could (should) set variables,
the way :matches does.  See Ned's comments in the text.  We didn't
have much (any?) discussion on that.  Should we include that?  If so,
will someone contribute text that covers what's needed?

Barry