Subject: [sieve] I-D Action: draft-ietf-sieve-convert-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 19 Sep 2011 12:18:35 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories. This draft is a work item of the Sieve Mail Filtering Language Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Sieve Extension for converting messages before delivery
	Author(s)       : Alexey Melnikov
                          Qian Sun
                          Barry Leiba
                          Kepeng Li
	Filename        : draft-ietf-sieve-convert-03.txt
	Pages           : 9
	Date            : 2011-09-19

   This document describes how IMAP CONVERT can be used within Sieve to
   transform messages before final delivery.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-sieve-convert-03.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

This Internet-Draft can be retrieved at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-sieve-convert-03.txt

---

From: Hannah Schroeter <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 20 Sep 2011 17:38:14 +0200

Hi!

On Mon, Sep 19, 2011 at 12:18:35PM -0700, [email-masked] wrote:
>[...]

The action convert is described like this:

  Usage: convert  <quoted-from-mime-type: string>
             <quoted-to-mime-type: string>
             <transcoding-params: string-list>

But the examples look like this:
  require ["convert"];
  convert "image/tiff" "image/jpeg" "pix-x" "320" "pix-y" "240";

There are angle brackets missing. The call would need to look
like this:
  convert "image/tiff" "image/jpeg" ["pix-x", "320", "pix-y", "240"];
or even rather
  convert "image/tiff" "image/jpeg" ["pix-x=320", "pix-y=240"];
as the description in section 2 suggests the latter syntax in the
sentence:
   Each
   conversion parameter value has the following syntax: "<transcoding-
   param>=<transcoding-param-value>", ...

The same problem persists throughout the other examples.

Kind regards,

Hannah.

---

From: Barry Leiba <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 20 Sep 2011 17:05:12 -0400

>  convert "image/tiff" "image/jpeg" ["pix-x=320", "pix-y=240"];

Thanks, Hannah.  We changed the syntax at some point in the evolution
of the document, and never changed the examples.

Barry