Subject: [sieve] I-D Action: draft-ietf-sieve-notify-sip-message-05.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 07 Sep 2011 09:20:19 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories. This draft is a work item of the Sieve Mail Filtering Language Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Sieve Notification Mechanism: SIP MESSAGE
	Author(s)       : Alexey Melnikov
                          Qian Sun
                          Barry Leiba
                          Kepeng Li
	Filename        : draft-ietf-sieve-notify-sip-message-05.txt
	Pages           : 10
	Date            : 2011-09-07

   This document describes a profile of the Sieve extension for
   notifications, to allow notifications to be sent over SIP MESSAGE.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-sieve-notify-sip-message-05.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

This Internet-Draft can be retrieved at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-sieve-notify-sip-message-05.txt

---

From: Peter Saint-Andre <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 09 Sep 2011 16:23:32 -0600

> 	Title           : Sieve Notification Mechanism: SIP MESSAGE

Some quick feedback.

Please expand "SIP" on first mention.

Section 2.7 states:

   Because it is impossible to tell in advance whether the notification
   recipient is online and able to receive a SIP MESSAGE...

What about SIP presence (RFC 3856)? Perhaps

   Because (absent use of SIP extensions such as [RFC3856]) it is
   impossible to tell in advance whether the notification
   recipient is online and able to receive a SIP MESSAGE...

Section 5 states:

   User agents that support the SIP MESSAGE request MUST implement end-
   to-end authentication, body integrity, and body confidentiality
   mechanisms.

As I understand it, that "MUST" actually is specified in RFC 3428, so
you might say:

   As required by [RFC3428], user agents that support the SIP MESSAGE
   request MUST implement end-to-end authentication, body integrity,
   and body confidentiality mechanisms.

That will make it clear to readers that this specification is not
describing a special usage of SIP message.

In Section 7, "draft-ietf-sieve-notify-xmpp" is RFC 5437.

Peter

-- 
Peter Saint-Andre
https://stpeter.im/

---

From: Barry Leiba <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 9 Sep 2011 19:29:53 -0400

> Some quick feedback.

And good feedback, it is.  All changes made in my working copy.

b