Subject: [Sigtran] M3UA : NTFY for ASP Failure

From: "Vats, Umesh" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 15 Apr 2002 19:23:35 -0700

Hi

In M3UA draft 12 section 3.8.2, following statement is there :

"For the ASP Failure case, the SGP is indicating to ASP(s) 
in the AS that one of the ASPs has transitioned to ASP-DOWN.  The ASP 
Identifier (if available) of the failed ASP MUST be placed in the 
message."

Suppose an ASP sends ASP-UP message to SGP. Now the ASP goes down.
Should SGP send NTFY("ASP Failure") message to ASPs ?
If yes, to what all ASPs should this NTFY message be sent(SGP won't
be knowing the list of Application Servers) ? What all routing contexts
should be included in the message ?

I think these answers can be captured in implementor's guide also.

Umesh

_______________________________________________
Sigtran mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sigtran

---

From: "Brian F. G. Bidulock" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 15 Apr 2002 22:05:01 -0500

Umesh,

Please see comments below...

Vats, Umesh wrote:                                          (Mon, 15 Apr 2002 19:23:35)
> Should SGP send NTFY("ASP Failure") message to ASPs ?

Yes.

> be knowing the list of Application Servers) ?

To all ASPs that are in other than the ASP-DOWN state for AS in which
the ASP has failed.

> What all routing contexts should be included in the message ?

The routing contexts of the AS for which the ASP has failed.

> I think these answers can be captured in implementor's guide also.

Its a little bit obvious...

--brian

-- 
Brian F. G. Bidulock
[email-masked]
http://www.openss7.org/