Subject: RE: [Sigtran] reg result

From: Arun Panda <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 24 Apr 2002 10:22:24 +0530

Hi Nahar,

If you refer to section 3.2 of the draft, it says  
"Where more than one parameter is included in a message, the parameters 
may be in any order, except where explicitly mandated.  A receiver 
SHOULD accept the parameters in any order. "

In the Message Reg Result there is no mention about the order of the TLVs
so my feeling is that they might come in any order.

Arun

-----Original Message-----
From: Nahar,virendra [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Wednesday, April 24, 2002 1:55 AM
To: Sigtran
Subject: [Sigtran] reg result

Hi All
The format of reg result is
0                   1                   2                   3
    0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0 1
    +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
    |         Tag = 0x020a        |          Length = 8             |
    +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
    |                  Local-RK-Identifier value                    |
    +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
    |           Tag = 0x0212      |          Length = 8             |
    +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
    |                      Registration Status                      |
    +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
    |           Tag = 0x0006      |          Length = 8             |
    +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
    |                        Routing Context                        |
    +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
Can this 3 tlv's inside REGRESULT be in any order or it must come in the
sequence shown in the
format.............................................................

Thanks in Advance
Nahar

--
Virendra Nahar
HCL-Technologies Ltd
Networking Systems Lab
51, Jawaharlal Nehru Road
Guindy Industrial Estate,
Ekkatuthangal,
Chennai - 600 097.
Phone Off : +91 44 233 4174 or +91 44 233 4181(extn:261,218)
mailto:[email-masked]
############################################################
"He who has a why for life can put with any how."
                             Frederick Nietzsche
############################################################

_______________________________________________
Sigtran mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sigtran

_______________________________________________
Sigtran mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sigtran