Subject: [Sigtran] M3UA : NOTIFY without ASP Id at ASP

From: "Vats, Umesh" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 24 Apr 2002 12:23:58 -0700

Hi

Following text is there in draft 12 of M3UA :

"The "ASP Identifier Required" is sent by a SGP in response 
to an ASP Up message which does not contain an ASP Identifier 
parameter when the SGP requires one.  The ASP SHOULD resend the
ASP Up message with an ASP Identifier."

Can ASP send this message to SGP if NOTIFY message is recieved without ASP
Id
and the same is required at ASP ? If not, what is the correct message ?

Umesh 

_______________________________________________
Sigtran mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sigtran

---

From: "Brian F. G. Bidulock" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 24 Apr 2002 15:28:49 -0500

Umesh,

if the SGP sends a NTFY without an ASP Id when an ASP Id was
provided in the ASPUP message from that ASP, then the SGP will
be violating the MUST in the RFC in section 4.3.4.5.  If the
SGP is violating the requirements of the RFC, then the ASP
should take a similar action that it would take for other
violations of the protocol: e.g., inform management, muddle
on as best it can, drop the SCTP association, ...

--brian

Vats, Umesh wrote:                                          (Wed, 24 Apr 2002 12:23:58)

-- 
Brian F. G. Bidulock
[email-masked]
http://www.openss7.org/