Subject: [Sigtran] M3UA : SSNM on streams other than 0

From: "Vats, Umesh" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 9 Apr 2002 16:41:37 -0700

Hi

As per draft 12 of M3UA, is it possible for an ASP to receive SSNM 
messages on a stream other than '0' ?

I have this doubt because in draft 10 of M3UA, following paragraph is there
in section 4.5.1

" DUNA, DAVA, SCON, and DRST messages MUST be sent sequentially and 
processed at the receiver in the order sent.  SCTP stream "0" is 
used to provide the sequencing. The only exception to this is if the 
international congestion method (see Q.704) is used.  If so, the 
Unordered bit in the SCTP DATA chunk MAY be used for the SCON message."

The paragraph mentioned above has been modified as follows
in draft 12 of M3UA :

"DUNA, DAVA, SCON, and DRST messages may be sent sequentially and 
processed at the receiver in the order sent."

Umesh

_______________________________________________
Sigtran mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sigtran

---

From: "Brian F. G. Bidulock" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 9 Apr 2002 19:44:13 -0500

Umesh,

Vats, Umesh wrote:                                          (Tue, 09 Apr 2002 16:41:37)
> messages on a stream other than '0' ?

Yes.

--brian

-- 
Brian F. G. Bidulock
[email-masked]
http://www.openss7.org/