Subject: [Sigtran] Circuit Range in REG REQ

From: Arun Panda <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 24 Apr 2002 12:13:16 +0530

Hello All,

The Routing Key of the Reg Req Message contains Circuit Range List, which
has the format 

0                   1                   2                   3
    0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0 1
   +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
   |           Tag = 0x020f        |              Length           |
   +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
   |    Mask = 0   |          Origination Point Code #1            |
   +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
   |       Lower CIC Value #1      |      Upper CIC Value #1       |
   +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
   |    Mask = 0   |          Origination Point Code #2            |
   +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
   |       Lower CIC Value #2      |      Upper CIC Value #2       |
   +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
   /                              ...                              /
   +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
   |    Mask = 0   |          Origination Point Code #n            |
   +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
   |       Lower CIC Value #n      |      Upper CIC Value #n       |
   +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

The Routing Key has also a field OPC, which contains the list of OPCs.
what I understood is that the number of Circuit Ranges is equal to the
number of OPCs, because Circuit range has a field OPC. Please clarify.

Thanks
Arun

Things turn out the best for the people who make the best of the way things
turn out

Arun Panda
S/w Engg, Ind - Telesoft Pvt Ltd
104, Koramangala Indl Estate
V Block, Bangalore - 560095
Tel : 5521937 - 40 Ext : 419
mailto:[email-masked]

_______________________________________________
Sigtran mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sigtran

---

From: "Brian F. G. Bidulock" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 24 Apr 2002 02:07:40 -0500

Arun,

I think that it is obvious that it would not be to wise to mix
the OPC in the Routing Key with the CIC range list.  It is
likely to illicit an REG RSP with status such as:
Error - Invalid Routing Key.

--brian

Arun Panda wrote:                                            (Wed, 24 Apr 2002 12:13:16)
> Tel: 5521937 - 40 Ext : 419
> mailto:[email-masked]
> 
> 

-- 
Brian F. G. Bidulock
[email-masked]
http://www.openss7.org/

---

From: "Nahar,virendra" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 24 Apr 2002 20:50:58 +0530

Hi
Or SG should validate that the OPC'c in OPClist doesn't matches the OPC's in circuit range
list
Both should be unique

Thanks
Nahar

--
Virendra Nahar
HCL-Technologies Ltd
Networking Systems Lab
51, Jawaharlal Nehru Road
Guindy Industrial Estate,
Ekkatuthangal,
Chennai - 600 097.
Phone Off : +91 44 233 4174 or +91 44 233 4181(extn:261,218)
mailto:[email-masked]
############################################################
"He who has a why for life can put with any how."
                             Frederick Nietzsche
############################################################