Subject: [Sigtran] SUA 13 : examples of SUA Procedures

From: Andrew Booth <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 05 Apr 2002 10:57:00 -0500

Hi John,

Are the notify messages shown in sections 5.1.2.2 and 5.1.2.3 of
SUA draft 13 accurate?  Attached is a text file with what I would have
expected.

Thanks for any info,
Andrew
5.1.2.2 Successful ASP Failover scenario 
    
Should the message diagram be like this?

        ASP-a1            ASP-a2                SG                  SEP 
      (Primary)           (Backup)                                       
          +-------------ASP Inactive-------------> 
          <-----------ASP Inactive ACK-----------+ 
          <--------------------NTFY (AS Pending)-+
                             <-NTFY (AS Pending)-+ 
                             +----ASP Active-----> 
                             <--ASP Active Ack---+ 
                             <-NTFY (AS Active)--+ 
          <----------NTFY (AS Active)------------+ 

5.1.2.3 Unsuccessful ASP Failover scenario 
 
        ASP-a1            ASP-a2                SG                  SEP 
      (Primary)           (Backup)                                       
          +-------------ASP Inactive-------------> 
          <-----------ASP Inactive ACK-----------+ 
          <--------------------NTFY (AS Pending)-+
                            <--NTFY (AS Pending)-+ 
                After some time elapses (i.e. timeout). 
                                                 +--------SSP--------> 
                                                 <--------SST--------+ 
          <-------------------NTFY (AS Inactive)-+
                            <-NTFY (AS Inactive)-+