Subject: AW: [Sigtran] Circuit Range in REG REQ

From: Wodarz Juergen <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 24 Apr 2002 11:13:10 +0200

Arun,

our point of view as Example [abstract]:

RK = SI=ISUP,SCCP; OPC=222; CIC=333(OPC)and 0-3000(CIC-Range)

Traffic allowed for
	#7-SPC 222 and SI=SCCP 
	#7-SPC 333, but only CIC-Range 0-3000

We assign the CIC list only to SIs using CIC-Ranges (like ISUP) and the
OPC list only to SIs not using CIC-Ranges (like SCCP).

Therefore we see the following RK as implausible:
RK = SI=ISUP; OPC=222

This RK only allows traffic with SIs using CICs, but defines an OPC list, which
affects traffic not using CICs. But traffic not using CICs is here not allowed
because of the SI.

All this is only an interpretation not violating the current described RK rules
within the Draft. I think as long as no detailed description exist, several
different interpretations for RKs are possible, as we saw at the last M3UA-Plugtest.

Regards,
Jürgen

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: Arun Panda [mailto:[email-masked]]
Gesendet: Mittwoch, 24. April 2002 08:43
An: 'Sigtran'
Betreff: [Sigtran] Circuit Range in REG REQ

Hello All,

The Routing Key of the Reg Req Message contains Circuit Range List, which
has the format 

0                   1                   2                   3
    0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0 1
   +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
   |           Tag = 0x020f        |              Length           |
   +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
   |    Mask = 0   |          Origination Point Code #1            |
   +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
   |       Lower CIC Value #1      |      Upper CIC Value #1       |
   +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
   |    Mask = 0   |          Origination Point Code #2            |
   +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
   |       Lower CIC Value #2      |      Upper CIC Value #2       |
   +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
   /                              ...                              /
   +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
   |    Mask = 0   |          Origination Point Code #n            |
   +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
   |       Lower CIC Value #n      |      Upper CIC Value #n       |
   +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

The Routing Key has also a field OPC, which contains the list of OPCs.
what I understood is that the number of Circuit Ranges is equal to the
number of OPCs, because Circuit range has a field OPC. Please clarify.

Thanks
Arun

Things turn out the best for the people who make the best of the way things
turn out

Arun Panda
S/w Engg, Ind - Telesoft Pvt Ltd
104, Koramangala Indl Estate
V Block, Bangalore - 560095
Tel : 5521937 - 40 Ext : 419
mailto:[email-masked]

_______________________________________________
Sigtran mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sigtran

_______________________________________________
Sigtran mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sigtran