Subject: [Sigtran] IIDs in ASPTM and NOTIFY

From: "Dinesh R. Nayak" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 1 Apr 2002 10:25:50 +0530

Hi,

I have a question regarding the way interface identifiers are
arranged in ASP ACTIVE, ASP ACTIVE ACK and NOTIFY messages.

RFC clearly mentions that one tag & length pair can be associated 
with mutiple IID ranges. Is this applicable for Integer IIDs too ?

In the message structure of all the above messages, this field is 
denoted as "Interface Identifiers".

If this is true, (i.e., one tag & length can associate with mutiple
Integer IIDs), can we represent the message as shonw below, to add
clarity ?

   +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
   |     Tag (0x1=integer)         |            Length             |
   +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
   |                                                               |
   |                     Interface Identifier1*                    |
   |                                                               |
   +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
   |                                                               |
   |                     Interface Identifier2*                    |
   |                                                               |
   +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+ 
        .                                                        .
        .                                                        .
        .                                                        .
   +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
   |                                                               |
   |                     Interface IdentifierN*                    |
   |                                                               |
   +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+ 

Regards,
-Nayak

(Kindly ignore the disclaimer,)