Subject: [Sigtran] m3ua: ASP State after ASPUP

From: "Tolga Asveren" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 12 Apr 2002 12:10:44 -0400

4.3.4.1 says
"When an ASP Up message is received at an SGP and internally the remote ASP
is in the ASP-DOWN state and not considered locked out for local management
reasons, the SGP marks the remote ASP in the state ASP-INACTIVE and informs
Layer Management with an M-ASP_Up indication primitive. If the SGP is aware,
via current configuration data, which Application Servers the ASP is
configured to operate in, the SGP updates the ASP state to ASP-INACTIVE in
each AS that it is a member."

Once we discussed whether we should have two ASP state machines -one global
and one per AS- or not. At the end there was no real conclusion and
everything stayed as it is , i.e. just one state machine (I thought two
state machines make more sense)In my opinion the above paragraph refers to
two different ASP state machines, and I think especially if we consider
dynamic registeration cases, two state machines reflects the situation
better.

   Tolga

_______________________________________________
Sigtran mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sigtran

---

From: "Narendar Goel" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 12 Apr 2002 15:13:26 -0400

Hi All,
 I cannot access ietf.org. Someone please send me sua draft 13 or point to
some other link where I can get sua draft 13.

 Thanks,
Narender

---

From: "Vikas" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 15 Apr 2002 18:13:49 +0530

Tolga,
we do agree with you. Along with AS state machine and ASP state machine,
having AS-ASP (ASP's state for particular AS) state machine really
simplyfies the things and helps better define and handle cases reated to
AS-ASP combination
With best regards,
Vikas.

---

From: "Vikas" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 15 Apr 2002 18:55:30 +0530

Tolga,
Thanks for the correction. Although the draft declares it per AS( of the
ASP) but Actually it is a mix one. See In the figure 4, The ASPTM
messages(ASP ACTIVE and ASP INACTIVE) pertain to particular AS-ASP
combination while ASP UP, ASP DOWN, SCTP CDI and SCTP RI pertain to the
whole of the ASP (as these will be equally applicable to all the ASes served
by the ASP) and thus belongs to the Global ASP state machine.
Anyway IMHO we both see need to specify them separately. right?
With best regards,
Vikas.
----- Original Message -----
From: "Tolga Asveren" <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>
Sent: Monday, April 15, 2002 6:26 PM
Subject: RE: [Sigtran] m3ua: ASP State after ASPUP (AS-ASP State Machine)

> Vikas,
>
> Just a small correction, currently there is only one ASP state machine
> defined in the draft but it is per AS. The missing one -according to me-
is
> the global ASP state machine.
>
>     Tolga
>
> > -----Original Message-----
> > From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]]On Behalf Of
> > Vikas
> > Sent: Monday, April 15, 2002 8:44 AM
> > To: [email-masked]
> > Subject: Re: [Sigtran] m3ua: ASP State after ASPUP (AS-ASP State
> > Machine)
> >
> >
> > Tolga,
> > > "When an ASP Up message is received at an SGP and internally the
remote
> > ASP

---

From: "Tolga Asveren" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 15 Apr 2002 08:56:36 -0400

Vikas,

Just a small correction, currently there is only one ASP state machine
defined in the draft but it is per AS. The missing one -according to me- is
the global ASP state machine.

    Tolga