Subject: [Sigtran] A couple of comments on M2PA processor outage

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 26 Jun 2002 10:02:24 +0100

Hi,

I have a couple of comments on the M2PA processor outage procedures,

In section 4.1.4, it outlines the behaviour when the processor outage
ceases. To bring this in line with the Q.703 functionality, a comment needs
to be added stating that the buffers should be flushed (this is to prevent
problems caused by 'out of date' messages after long term processor outage).

I don't believe that processor outage should be used to cover the situation
where the MTP3 or User Parts are encountering congestion, or where the User
part is unavailable. In these cases the SS7 flow control and User part
unavailability control respectively should be used. This means that local
processor outage should be only used when the M2PA at the SG detects that
the AS is down. If M2PA detects that the AS is active again, and ready to
process signalling messages, the MTP2 at the SG should stop sending link
status signalling units indicating processor outage to the remote SS7 node.
This isn't clear in the current text.

Regards,

Karen 

Karen King
BTexact Technologies
Orion Building MLB1/PP9
Adastral Park
Martlesham Heath
IPSWICH
Suffolk   IP5 3RE

Tel: (01473) 605389
[email-masked]

BTexact Technologies is a trademark of British Telecommunications plc
Registered office: 81 Newgate Street London EC1A 7AJ
Registered in England no. 1800000

This electronic message contains information from British Telecommunications
plc which may be privileged or confidential. The information is intended to
be for the use of the individual(s) or entity named above. If you are not
the intended recipient be aware that any disclosure, copying, distribution
or use of the contents of this information is prohibited. If you have
received this electronic message in error, please notify us by telephone or
email (to the numbers or address above) immediately.

_______________________________________________
Sigtran mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sigtran