Subject: [Sigtran] v5ua & m2pa

From: "Ong, Lyndon" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 6 Jun 2002 14:27:18 -0700

Folks,

As there were no major comments against the V5UA draft, I will recommend
this to
our A-Ds for consideration for Proposed Standard.

How are we doing with M2PA?  Is this ready for WG Last Call?  Comments
requested.

Cheers,

L. Ong

_______________________________________________
Sigtran mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sigtran

---

From: "Brian F. G. Bidulock" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 7 Jun 2002 13:20:29 -0500

Lyndon,

I believe M2PA is ready for WG Last Call.  There are a few
outstanding issues, but it should be possible to clear those
up in the process.

--brian

Lyndon Ong wrote:                           (Thu, 06 Jun 2002 14:27:18)

-- 
Brian F. G. Bidulock
[email-masked]
http://www.openss7.org/

---

From: wayne n taylor <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 07 Jun 2002 14:48:34 -0400

i acknowledge that i may have missed some discussions on the subject of
m2pa sequence numbers, but it is still not clear to me what problem is
being solved by including sequence numbers in m2pa. if i recall, there
was a concern because sctp acknowledged packets independent of delivery
to the upper layer causing message loss. what conditions must occur to
cause message loss ?

waynet