Subject: [Sigtran] IPSP-IPSP

From: "reshma" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 17 Jun 2002 20:21:32 +0530

Hi Tolga/Javier,

 1) In single ended operation does AspId in ASPUP has any significance..?
If so when ASPUP clashes from 2 peer IPSPs AspIds might be different.Which might lead to misinterpretations later.Is there any need for AspIds in IPSPs?

2) Problem with RK REG:If in case (as per Javier opinion) we support RK REG in IPSP.In single ended operation suppose IPSP1 sends RK REG with DPC 1-1-1 and OPC 2-2-2  and IPSP2 Responds with successfully registered.Then for data from IPSP1 to IPSP2 we will have to compare the DPC with OPC and vice versa.Whereas for the data from IPSP2 to IPSP1 we will compare DPC with DPC and OPC with OPC .This changes the behavior of IPSP at 2 ends,which is not correct.Then how can we support RK REG?

Thanks,
reshma

---

From: "Tolga Asveren" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 17 Jun 2002 11:21:51 -0400

Reshma,

>If so when ASPUP clashes from 2 peer IPSPs AspIds might be different.Which
might lead to misinterpretations later. >Is there any need for AspIds in
IPSPs?
[TOLGA] In such a case IPSPs should coordinate among themselves AspId, so
they won't try to use the same AspId. It is similar to regular ASP case. I
think the same arguments, why AspId is needed for ASP/SGP case would be
applicable for this case too.

>2) Problem with RK REG:If in case (as per Javier opinion) we support RK REG
in IPSP.In single ended operation         >suppose IPSP1 sends RK REG with
DPC 1-1-1 and OPC 2-2-2  and IPSP2 Responds with successfully
registered.Then for >data from IPSP1 to IPSP2 we will have to compare the
DPC with OPC and vice versa.Whereas for the data from IPSP2
>to IPSP1 we will compare DPC with DPC and OPC with OPC .This changes the
behavior of IPSP at 2 ends,which is not
>correct.Then how can we support RK REG?
[TOLGA] Just by saying that receiver of REGREQ interpretes it like you have
explained, interpreting OPC as DPC and DPC as OPC.

_______________________________________________
Sigtran mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sigtran

---

From: "reshma" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 17 Jun 2002 22:03:37 +0530

Hi Tolga,

    Some more doubts below..

> applicable for this case too.

[Reshma] AspId in ASP/SGP is also optional.If present its used in Notify
message
only.And as said above if they use different AspId's then its DE behavior
not SE right?
Also as per SG-SG communication defined i think only ASPUP was included not
NOTIFY then where's the need for AspId?(As there wont be any need for AS
state
machine :-))

> explained, interpreting OPC as DPC and DPC as OPC.

[Reshma]Are u saying the behavior at sending end and receiving end of RK REG
should be  different?

Thanks,
Reshma

---

From: "Tolga Asveren" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 17 Jun 2002 14:14:27 -0400

Reshma,

> -----Original Message-----
> From: reshma [mailto:[email-masked]]
> Sent: Monday, June 17, 2002 12:34 PM
> To: Tolga Asveren; [email-masked]
> Subject: Re: [Sigtran] RE: IPSP-IPSP
>
>
> Hi Tolga,
>
>     Some more doubts below..
>
>
> >
[TOLGA]It is also used to identify the ASP, if the IP addresses are
dynamically assigned. Why do you think that using different AspIds will make
it a DE approach?
> NOTIFY then where's the need for AspId?(As there wont be any need for AS
[TOLGA] We discuss AspId here in the context of SE IPSP model (for the lack
of better terminology, otherwise SG-SG can also be called a kind of IPSP
communication), not for SG-SG communication.
> [Reshma]Are u saying the behavior at sending end and receiving
[TOLGA] Just how the receiver interpretes it will be different than the
ASP/SGP case.