Subject: [Sigtran] M2PA v5: Link Status Processor Outage

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 12 Jul 2002 08:49:33 -0400

In M2PA v5, there are contradictory statements about how to handle the 
Link Status Processor Outage msg:

Section 4.1.3 states "If M2PA receives a Link Status Processor Outage 
during alignment, and M2PA had received a Start Request from its MTP3, 
M2PA shall report Remote Processor Outage to MTP3." This is clear enough - 
MTP3 should be informed ONLY if M2PA is in the alignment process AND a 
Start Request was received.

Section 4.1.4 states "The peer M2PA, upon receiving the Link Status 
Processor Outage message, shall report Remote Processor Outage to its MTP3." 

Section 4.1.4 makes no mention of link state, or of the reception of Start 
Request , and thus implies that MTP3 should be informed regardless of link 
state and regardless of whether Start Request was sent.

Barry Nagelberg

_______________________________________________
Sigtran mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sigtran