Subject: [Sigtran] Padding in IUA Parameters

From: Arun Panda <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 2 Jul 2002 14:29:50 +0530

Hello,

Section 3.1.5 of RFC 3057 says that "The total length of a parameter
(including Tag, Parameter Length and Value fields) MUST be a multiple of 4
bytes"
Does this hold good for all the parameters. In case of M3UA padding is done
only if the parameter is the last one in the message(e.g Info String). In
case of IUA Asp Active , if the IID is text formatted, then do we have to
pad the parameter with 0s.
Please clarify
Thanks and Rgds
Arun

Vision without action is a daydream. 
Action without vision is a nightmare

_______________________________________________
Sigtran mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sigtran

---

From: Ken Morneault <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 02 Jul 2002 13:58:14 -0400

Arun,

IUA and M3UA are consistent in terms of parameter padding.  All
parameters must be padded to so that total length is a multiple
of 4 bytes.

Regards,

Ken