Subject: Re: [Sigtran] I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-sigtran-iua-imp-guide-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 24 Jul 2002 10:01:58 +0300

Hi Ken,

I see the contradiction in IUA IG-01:

the 3.17 says:
"A Notify message reflecting a change in the AS state MUST be sent
to all ASPs in the AS, except those in the ASP-DOWN state, with
appropriate Status Information and any ASP Identifier of the
failed ASP."

from other side the "new" figures in 3.23 show the NTFY(AS-INACTIVE)
message sent also to an ASP before it declares itself as UP (see changes to
Sections 5.1.2, 5.1.3, 5.1.4).

I think this NTFY may be sent after corresponding ASP UP  + small addition
to 3.17: "A Notify message reflecting a current AS state MAY be sent to ASP
that transits from ASP-DOWN to ASP-INACTIVE state" :

                           SG                        ASP1
ASP2
           |                         |                          |
           |<--------ASP Up----------|                          |
           |-------ASP Up Ack------->|                          |
           |                         |                          |
           |----NTFY(AS-INACTIVE)--->|                          |
           |                         |                          |
           |<-----------------------------ASP Up----------------|
           |----------------------------ASP Up Ack------------->|
           |---------------------NTFY(AS-INACTIVE)------------->|
           |                         |                          |
           |                         |                          |
           |<-------ASP Active-------|                          |
           |-----ASP Active Ack----->|                          |
           |                         |                          |
           |-----NTFY(AS-ACTIVE)---->|                          |
           |----------------------NTFY(AS-ACTIVE)-------------->|

or to be unsent at all:

                           SG                        ASP1
ASP2
           |                         |                          |
           |<--------ASP Up----------|                          |
           |-------ASP Up Ack------->|                          |
           |                         |                          |
           |----NTFY(AS-INACTIVE)--->|                          |
           |                         |                          |
           |<-----------------------------ASP Up----------------|
           |----------------------------ASP Up Ack------------->|
           |                         |                          |
           |                         |                          |
           |<-------ASP Active-------|                          |
           |-----ASP Active Ack----->|                          |
           |                         |                          |
           |-----NTFY(AS-ACTIVE)---->|                          |
           |----------------------NTFY(AS-ACTIVE)-------------->|

Regards,
Lev

_______________________________________________
Sigtran mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sigtran

---

From: Ken Morneault <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 24 Jul 2002 10:03:24 -0400

Lev,

Thanks for pointing this contradiction out.  I think it will be best to
get the text the same (for consistency with other UAs) and to change
the diagram.

Regards,

Ken