Subject: [Sigtran] m3ua IG-v01: NIF unavailable

From: "Tolga Asveren" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 2 Jul 2002 10:12:38 -0400

Javier,

Although I still think it is by far too restrictive to use "MUST" to
describe what should be done in case NIF is unavailable -if this really
should be described at all- there are also other problems with the behavior
described in IG.

I think, it is appropriate to think that while routing between two ASPs, SGP
does not make use of NIF. In such a case sending ASPIA-ACK to all ASPs won't
be the right choice, when SGP is isolated from NIF.  So, although I also
thought before that ASPIA-ACK is better than sending DUNA, now I think this
sentence should be changed to handle the case I mentioned above. So, DUNA
should be sent for the destinations in SS7 domain (and of course better not
to explain about what to do in case of NIF isolation)

    Tolga

_______________________________________________
Sigtran mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sigtran