Subject: [Sigtran] IUA: Notify Procedure

From: "Liang, Shih-Chang (Shih-Chang)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 11 Jul 2002 14:10:20 -0400

Hello,

In section 3.17 of draft-ietf-sigtran-iua-imp-guide-00,
it describes 
"A Notify message reflecting a change in the AS state MUST be sent 
   to all ASPs in the AS, except those in the ASP-DOWN state, with
   appropriate Status Information and any ASP Identifier of the 
   failed ASP.".
Do "ALL ASPs in the AS" in this statement include the ASP which 
trigger the change of AS state? For example, the ASP which sends the
ASPUP, ASPAC, or ASUIA?
If it is true, should the examples in section 5.0 of RFC3057 be
updated as well? For instance, in section 5.1.1, should there be a 
NOTIFY sent to ASP1 upon AS state change?

Best Regards,

Shih-Chang Liang

_______________________________________________
Sigtran mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sigtran

---

From: Ken Morneault <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 15 Jul 2002 12:47:40 -0400

Shih-Chang,

Yes, Section 5 does need to be updated based on this section
in the IG.  I plan to release a new IG very soon.

Regards,

Ken