Subject: [Sigtran] M2PA - Flush Buffers

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 12 Jul 2002 10:08:46 +0530

Hi,

Draft v5 M2PA says that

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
4.2.4  Flush Buffers, Continue

The Flush Buffers and Continue commands allow M2PA to resume normal
operations (i.e., transmission of messages to SCTP and receiving
messages from SCTP) after a processor outage (local and/or remote)
ceases.

If M2PA receives a Flush Buffers command from MTP3, M2PA:

   (a) shall not transmit any messages to SCTP that are currently
       waiting to be transmitted to SCTP. These messages shall be
       discarded.

   (b) shall discard all messages currently waiting to be passed
       to MTP3.

If M2PA receives either a Flush Buffers or Continue command from MTP3,
and the processor outage condition ceases, M2PA shall resume receiving
and transmitting messages.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

What would be the scenario in which clause (a) would find its use?
Is M2PA expected to buffer Data for some reason before giving it to SCTP.

Moreover, the flush procedure in MTP2 flushes the RTB and TB buffers for the
Link.
Should M2PA also not flush the buffers in SCTP Tx Queue.
Or else M2PA should abort the SCTP Association and setup a new association.
Otherwise, SCTP would continue transmitting/retransmitting the MSUs even after
the Flush Buffers API has been invoked by MTP3. This would not be in conformance
 with
MTP2 procedures.

Please clarify...

Thanks & Regards
Anshoo.
www.hssworld.com

DISCLAIMER: This message is proprietary to Hughes Software Systems
Limited (HSS) and is intended solely for the use of the individual
to whom it is addressed. It may contain  privileged or confidential
information  and should not be circulated or used for any purpose other
than for what it is intended. If you have received this message in error,
please notify the originator immediately. If you are not the intended
recipient, you are notified that you are strictly prohibited from using,
copying, altering, or disclosing the contents of this message. HSS accepts
no responsibility for loss or damage arising from the use of the information
transmitted by this email including damage from virus.

_______________________________________________
Sigtran mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sigtran