Subject: [Sigtran] Telephony Applicability Statement Question

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 19 Jul 2002 14:47:44 -0400

Hi,

According to Section 3.1 of
draft-ietf-sigtran-signalling-over-sctp-applic-05.txt, telephony signaling
applications may choose to relax the congestion control rules of SCTP.
Could someone please explain how this could be done.

Thanks
Ray

_______________________________________________
Sigtran mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sigtran

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 22 Jul 2002 06:42:40 +0300

Ray,

> Could someone please explain how this could be done.

It is a deployment issue.  If you are deploying SCTP in your own
network, you could modify the congestion control rules, but I'd be
careful about this - if not modified correctly, it may result in
network failure.

Sally Floyd is doing some interesting research in the TSVWG about
TCP, which could easily be applied to SCTP.

John