Subject: [Sigtran] SUA v13 : Some Clarifications

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 3 Jul 2002 13:32:26 +0530

Hi,

Please see the following comments for SUA version 13.

1) What should SUA implementation at ASP do when it receives DAVA message with
SSN as 1.
a) Should this be considered as error case and hence SUA sends back Error
message
b) Should SUA invoke N-PCSTATE indication
c) Should SUA invoke N-STATE indication with SSN =1, i.e. consider SSN=1 as any
other subsystem

2  TLV format length is set to incorrect value  in sections listed below
        - 3.10.12   Cause/ user
        - 3.10.13   Network appearance
        - 3.10.23  Segmentation

3. In section 3.10.24 congestion level  in figure is 32bits field but just below
the figure it text states that congestion level is 8-bits field. which one is
correct ?

Best Regards,
-Sandeep

www.hssworld.com

DISCLAIMER: This message is proprietary to Hughes Software Systems
Limited (HSS) and is intended solely for the use of the individual
to whom it is addressed. It may contain  privileged or confidential
information  and should not be circulated or used for any purpose other
than for what it is intended. If you have received this message in error,
please notify the originator immediately. If you are not the intended
recipient, you are notified that you are strictly prohibited from using,
copying, altering, or disclosing the contents of this message. HSS accepts
no responsibility for loss or damage arising from the use of the information
transmitted by this email including damage from virus.

_______________________________________________
Sigtran mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sigtran

---

From: "Ong, Lyndon" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 3 Jul 2002 12:24:24 -0700

Hi Sandeep,

Procedural note: SUA has already gone through WG Last Call and is
currently with the IESG pending resolution of the security text that
John is working up.  Editorials are welcome, but any significant
new issue will need to be handled in a separate document such as
an implementor's guide.

Thanks,

L. Ong

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Wednesday, July 03, 2002 1:02 AM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [Sigtran] SUA v13 : Some Clarifications

Hi,

1) What should SUA implementation at ASP do when it receives DAVA message
with
SSN as 1.
a) Should this be considered as error case and hence SUA sends back Error
message
b) Should SUA invoke N-PCSTATE indication
c) Should SUA invoke N-STATE indication with SSN =1, i.e. consider SSN=1 as
any
other subsystem

3. In section 3.10.24 congestion level  in figure is 32bits field but just
below
the figure it text states that congestion level is 8-bits field. which one
is
correct ?

Best Regards,
-Sandeep

www.hssworld.com