Subject: [Sigtran] M2PA Comments -- Processor Outage and L2 Timer T5

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 22 Jul 2002 08:14:24 -0400

Hello All,

Just to reiterate that I would like to see the following clarifications
regarding M2PA's treatment of processor outage:

1) A node experiencing processor outage should continue to process
received link status messages. If it stops receiving all messages (as per
the draft), then it will fail to process a received LSO, and the link will
remain aligned (incorrectly) until the outage clears.

2) After receiving LSPO does M2PA stop receiving user data? If not, then
what should M2PA do if a user data message is received after
a LSPO and prior to LSPOE, as could happen when servicing two streams?

---------------
Just like Q.703, M2PA should assign timer T5 as the "sending signaling
indication busy (SIB)"
interval timer.

Regards,

Jeff

_______________________________________________
Sigtran mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sigtran