Subject: [Sigtran] m3ua IG-v01: SCON

From: "Tolga Asveren" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 5 Jul 2002 09:40:50 -0400

Javier and all,

In IG it stands in 3.9.2:

"Where the SGP does not maintain the congestion status of the SS7
destination (ITU international networks) the response to a DAUD message
should always be only a DAVA, DRST or DUNA message as appropriate"

First, I don't think that the statement "in ITU international networks
congestion status of SS7 destinations is not kept" is very correct. Q.704
3.8.4 says:
"a)
In the international signalling network, two states are provided, congested
and uncongested.

If a link in a signalling route towards a given destination becomes
congested, the congestion status of the signalling route set towards the
affected destination is changed to congested.

When a transfer controlled message relating to a given destination is
received, the congestion status of the signalling route set towards the
affected destination is indicated to level4 User Parts in accordance with
the transfer-controlled procedure specified in 13.6. The congestion status
is not retined by level 3 at the receiving signalling point."

So, congestion status is kept but just not updated with TFC.

Secondly, I also don't understand, why SCON should be sent as reply to DAUD.
IMO, SCON should be sent, either when congestion status at SGP changes or
when TFC is received even if it does not declare a change of congestion
status. For example, also in MTP3 restart, only MTP-RESUME is sent to user
parts, no MTP-STATUS-INDICATION (Q.704 9.7.1 SP  with restartting MTP
according to subclause 9.2)

   Tolga

_______________________________________________
Sigtran mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sigtran