Subject: Re: [Sigtran] SUA: Filler in Global Title Address

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 16 Aug 2002 09:46:54 +0530

Hi John,

Can you please clarify this. Clarification on this will help avoid
inter-operability issues when Global Title is being used as Address parameter.

Best Regards,
-Sandeep

Asif Patel <[email-masked]> on 08/05/2002 08:57:17 PM

To:   [email-masked]
cc:    (bcc: Sandeep Mahajan/HSS)

Subject:  [Sigtran] SUA: Filler in Global Title Address

Hi All,

Could someone please clarify on the text below concerning filler in the
SUA global title address? Should 'filler', which is added to the end of
the SUA global title parameter to pad the parameter to a 4-byte
boundary, be included in the parameter length?

For example, let's say I have a 9 digit global title address (e.g.
123456789). As per the text below, the SUA global title address would be
coded as follows:

21436587
09000000
  ^^^^^^
  Filler

So, my question is should this "filler" be included in the length of the
global title parameter, or is this considered "padding"?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Best Regards,
Asif

From section 3.10.2.3,

Global Title:

    Octets contain a number of address signals and possibly filler as
    shown:

      0                   1                   2                   3
      0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0 1
     +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
     |2 addr.|1 addr.|4 addr.|3 addr.|6 addr.|5 addr.|8 addr.|7 addr.|
     |  sig. | sig.  |  sig. | sig.  |  sig. | sig.  |  sig. | sig.  |
     +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
     |        .............          |filler |N addr.|   filler      |
     |                               |if req | sig.  |               |
     +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

   All filler bits SHOULD be set to 0.

   Address signals to be coded as defined in ITU-T Q.713 Section
   3.4.2.3.1.

_______________________________________________
Sigtran mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sigtran

_______________________________________________
Sigtran mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sigtran

---

From: "Brian F. G. Bidulock" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 15 Aug 2002 23:49:41 -0600

Sandeep,

This is no different than SCCP: the filler nibble is never accounted for
in the length of the parameter (the length is only an integer number of
full octets).  See the SCCP specifications (e.g., the referenced Q.713
section) for how this is addressed in SCCP and it might be clearer for
you.  I don't think that there is a problem with the specificiation: if
one understands how GTs are coded for SCCP, how they are coded for SUA
becomes obvious.

--brian

[email-masked] wrote:                                                   (Fri, 16 Aug 2002 09:46:54)

-- 
Brian F. G. Bidulock
[email-masked]
http://www.openss7.org/