Subject: [Sigtran] M3UA ASP Active

From: "Wung, Joseph" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 15 Aug 2002 10:21:34 -0400

Three sentences about ASP Active Procedures are quoted as follows:
"In the case where an ASP wishes to process the traffic for more than one
Application Server across a common SCTP association, the ASP Active
message(s) SHOULD contain a list of one or more Routing Contexts to indicate
for which Application Servers the ASP Active message applies."
"Multiple ASP Active Ack messages MAY be used in response to an ASP Active
message containing multiple Routing Contexts, allowing the SGP or IPSP to
independently acknowledge the ASP Active message for different (sets of)
Routing Contexts."
"When the ASP sends an ASP Active message it starts timer T(ack). If the ASP
does not receive a response to an ASP Active message within T(ack), the ASP
MAY restart T(ack) and resend ASP Active messages until it receives an ASP
Active Ack message."
---------------- end of quotes --------------
If multiple ASP Active Ack messages can be sent in reponse to a single ASP
Active message,
I wonder what the T(ack) timer is set for.  It should not be set for
monitoring just an ASP Active
message as the text says.  Rather, it should be set for monitoring ACK to
each every routing 
context in the original ASP Active message.  In other words, each routing
context in the ASP 
Active message should have its own T(ack) timer.  Any comments?
Joe

_______________________________________________
Sigtran mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sigtran