Subject: [Sigtran] m2pa v6: Notifying MTP3 about end of PO

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 31 Oct 2002 11:08:37 -0500

M2pa v6 section 4.1.4 states:

"When the processor outage ceases, MTP3 sends a Local Processor
Recovered indication to M2PA. The local M2PA notifies its peer by
sending a Link Status message with status Processor Outage Ended. The
peer uses the Remote Processor Recovered Indication to notify its MTP3
that the remote processor outage condition has ceased."

However, if the peer receives the Processor Outage Ended message during 
alignment, M2PA shouldn't notify its MTP3
that the remote processor outage condition has ceased, because mtp3 
interprets this as an In Service indication.

I suggest modifying the last sentence in 4.1.4 to:

"If the peer is in the In Service state, the peer uses the Remote Processor 
Recovered Indication to notify its MTP3
that the remote processor outage condition has ceased."

Barry Nagelberg

_______________________________________________
Sigtran mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sigtran

---

From: "Brian F. G. Bidulock" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 31 Oct 2002 14:26:29 -0700

Barry.Nagelberg,

In addition, M2PA needs an "ALIGNED NOT READY" state.

--brian

[email-masked] wrote:                                         (Thu, 31 Oct 2002 11:08:37)

-- 
Brian F. G. Bidulock
[email-masked]
http://www.openss7.org/