Subject: [Sigtran] IUA Test Plan for ETSI PlugTest

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 17 Oct 2002 20:43:15 +0530

Hi All,

Here is the first draft of IUA Test Plan for Plugtest. Please review the same
and send me the comments.

Best Regards,
-Sandeep

(See attached file: iua_interop_plan_draft01_oct17.txt)

DISCLAIMER: This message is proprietary to Hughes Software Systems
Limited (HSS) and is intended solely for the use of the individual
to whom it is addressed. It may contain  privileged or confidential
information  and should not be circulated or used for any purpose other
than for what it is intended. If you have received this message in error,
please notify the originator immediately. If you are not the intended
recipient, you are notified that you are strictly prohibited from using,
copying, altering, or disclosing the contents of this message. HSS accepts
no responsibility for loss or damage arising from the use of the information
transmitted by this email including damage from virus.

---

From: "Brian F. G. Bidulock" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 18 Oct 2002 17:32:42 -0600

Sandeep,

I notice that the test plan only exchanges "Unit Data" messages and
never exchanges "Data" messages.  I'm sure this is just an oversight.
In the test cases which "Establish" the data link there should be
an appropriate exchange of "Data" messages.

--brian

[email-masked] wrote:                         (Thu, 17 Oct 2002 20:43:15)

-- 
Brian F. G. Bidulock
[email-masked]
http://www.openss7.org/
_______________________________________________
Sigtran mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sigtran

---

From: Ken Morneault <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 23 Oct 2002 10:42:25 -0400

Sandeep,

Here are some comments on the test plan:

*  all tests with text-based IIDs should be listed as optional.  in particular,
the test case in Section 2.1.6 should default to each ASP with integer
interface IIDs and have an option for one or both ASP with text based
IIDs.

*  there are several example message flows that show Unit Data 
messages being passed, but no Establish Req/Cfm has occurred.

Regards,

Ken

---

From: "Brian F. G. Bidulock" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 23 Oct 2002 13:54:47 -0600

Ken,

"Unit Data" doesn't need Establish Req/Cfm does it?  I thought that
only "Data" needed Establish.

--brian

Ken Morneault wrote:                                                                   (Wed, 23 Oct 2002 10:42:25)

---

From: Ken Morneault <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 23 Oct 2002 16:20:44 -0400

Brian,

Yes, you are correct.  I had a lapse in memory.

Ken