Subject: [Sigtran] m2pa v6: Recovering from a processor outage

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 31 Oct 2002 10:07:13 -0500

M2pa v6 draft is very unclear about how to recover from a processor 
outage. 

Section 4.1.4 suggests (but does not implicitly state) that once the PO 
outage ceases, the local M2PA may resume sending and receiving data msgs, 
and that the peer M2PA may resume sending data. 

However, section 4.2.4 states that "If M2PA receives either a Flush 
Buffers or Continue command from MTP3, _and_ the processor outage condition ceases, M2PA shall resume receiving and 
transmitting messages", meaning that either a Flush Buffers or Continue 
command is a necessary prerequisite for data traffic to restart.

Barry Nagelberg

_______________________________________________
Sigtran mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sigtran

---

From: "Brian F. G. Bidulock" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 31 Oct 2002 14:24:07 -0700

Barry.Nagelberg,

This is normal MTP behavior.  If processor outage has been of a short
duration, then traffic can be immediately restarted.  If processor outage
has been of a long duration, then buffers are flushed before restarting
traffic.  MTP3 decides.  See Q.704.

---brian

[email-masked] wrote:                                         (Thu, 31 Oct 2002 10:07:13)

-- 
Brian F. G. Bidulock
[email-masked]
http://www.openss7.org/