Subject: [Sigtran] M2UA Question

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 8 Oct 2002 19:06:57 +0200

Hello all, maybe someone has an answer to my little question :

From RFC 3331 :
"
   The optional Interface Identifiers parameter contains a list of
   Interface Identifier integers (Type 0x1 or Type 0x8) or text strings
   (Type 0x3)
<<< indexing the Application Server traffic that the sending
   ASP is configured/registered to receive >>>.

    If integer formatted
   Interface Identifiers are being used, the ASP can also send ranges of
   Interface Identifiers (Type 0x8).  Interface Identifier types Integer
   (0x1) and Integer Range (0x8) are allowed in the same message.  Text
   formatted Interface Identifiers (0x3) cannot be used with either
   Integer (0x1) or Integer Range (0x8) types.

   If no Interface Identifiers are included, the message is for all
   provisioned Interface Identifiers within the AS(s) in which the ASP
   is provisioned.
<<< If only a subset of Interface Identifiers for an AS
   are included, the ASP is noted as Active for all the Interface
   Identifiers provisioned for that AS. >>>
"
If I read the two sentences marked in the previous text, I don't clearly
understand what is possible or not. The first sentence would indicate that
when an ASP activates with an ASPAC message providing a range of Interface
Identifiers (among all the Interface Indentifiers provisioned for the AS),
it will receive from the SGP only the traffic concerning those Interface
Identifiers/SS7 links.
The last sentence seems to indicate that whatever the Interface Identifiers
provided in the ASPAC message, the ASP will be active for all configured
Interface Indentifiers for the whole AS and thus will receive traffic for
all SS7 links.

can someone help me to understand ?
Thanks

_______________________________________________
Sigtran mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sigtran

---

From: Ken Morneault <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 08 Oct 2002 14:19:16 -0400

Loic,

The text describes a compromise that determine that a
subset of Interface Identifiers is equivalent to sending 
all Interface Identifiers.  The reason was to simplify
the SG logic.

Regards,

Ken