Subject: [Sigtran] SCTP : (Question About DATA and SACK Bundling)

From: "Mittal, Himanshu" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 28 Oct 2002 03:31:09 -0800

Hi,

I am using SCTP in multihomed environment. I have configure Host-X with IP
address IP1 (primary) and IP2 for Host-Y.

If Host X has received the data from the IP2 which is secondary address of
Host-Y, then I have to send SACK from HOST-X destinated to IP2.

And if I am sending the DATA to Host-Y. Then according to page 79 of
RFC-2960 DATA (bundled with SACK) has to go to IP2. Is it necessary to
Bundle the SACK with DATA. or Can I send the DATA to IP1 and SACK to IP2
after sending DATA.

Just to repeat the same :-

HOST    y  (IP1 and IP2)                            x
      DATA (source IP2)   -------------------->
                                  SACK has to be sent back to y (IP2)
                                  DATA (Destinated to IP1) from x to y
                         <-------------------
      question:-  Is it necessary to bundle SACK and DATA here destinated
towards IP2 ?
                  Or can I send DATA to IP1 and SACK to IP2 after the DATA.

Rgds,
Himanshu Mittal
_______________________________________________
Sigtran mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sigtran

---

From: "Brian F. G. Bidulock" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 28 Oct 2002 13:34:47 -0700

Mittal,,

You are not required to bundle SACK.

--brian

Mittal, Himanshu wrote:                                                            (Mon, 28 Oct 2002 03:31:09)

-- 
Brian F. G. Bidulock
[email-masked]
http://www.openss7.org/