Subject: [Sigtran] SUA core msg

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 21 Oct 2002 19:21:01 +0530

Hi,
  SUA CORE message contains "Sequence Number" as mandatory parameter for
"Protocol Class 3",
  whereas "DATA"  is a optional parameter. Can anybody tell me why is it so as
"seq. number" will be
  used for the " DATA" parameter.

regards
-Akhtar

DISCLAIMER: This message is proprietary to Hughes Software Systems
Limited (HSS) and is intended solely for the use of the individual
to whom it is addressed. It may contain  privileged or confidential
information  and should not be circulated or used for any purpose other
than for what it is intended. If you have received this message in error,
please notify the originator immediately. If you are not the intended
recipient, you are notified that you are strictly prohibited from using,
copying, altering, or disclosing the contents of this message. HSS accepts
no responsibility for loss or damage arising from the use of the information
transmitted by this email including damage from virus.

_______________________________________________
Sigtran mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sigtran

---

From: "Brian F. G. Bidulock" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 21 Oct 2002 08:09:58 -0600

Akhtar,

Well, the draft says it is "manditory", not "mandatory".  I cannot see why
Sequence Number is even present in CORE.  SEQ is never present in SCCP CR,
event when the CR contains DATA (this is because the sequence number is
implied by the fact that it is the first data on the connection section).

I vote to strike "Sequence Number" from CORE altogether.

--brian

[email-masked] wrote:                          (Mon, 21 Oct 2002 19:21:01)

-- 
Brian F. G. Bidulock
[email-masked]
http://www.openss7.org/