Subject: Re: [Sigtran] I-D ACTION:draft-kamesh-m3ua-congestion-procedures -00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 22 Jan 2003 15:34:26 +0530

Samuel
     You are write that congestion status of PC X-Y-Z is obtained from the
overall congestion status of the individual routes. In the example given in
section 2.1 it is shown that PC X-Y-Z can be reached via SG1 and SG2 . So from
ASP perspective there are only two routes (via assoc a and assoc b). Congestion
status of PC X-Y-Z in the given section 2.1 is also derived from congestion
status of two routes i.e assoc a  and assoc b.  In other words congestion status
of PC X-Y-Z is equal to congestion status of more congested route (which is
nothing but the overall congestion status).

Regards
Kamesh

"Samuel Dur D. Jeyaseelan" <[email-masked]> on 01/22/2003 12:21:52
PM

To:   Kamesh Kaul/HSS@HSS
cc:   [email-masked]

Subject:  Re: [Sigtran] I-D
      ACTION:draft-kamesh-m3ua-congestion-procedures-00.txt

Kaul,

Section 2.1
       ...
       Now if "association a" undergoes congestion, congestion status of point
       code X-Y-Z maintained at ASP gets updated. If after some time
       "association b" undergoes congestion. Congestion status of point code
       X-Y-Z is updated if "association b" undergoes more congestion than
       "association a".

Here the overall X-Y-Z PC congestion status is updated based on a single
association congestion status.

Does it not conflict with RFC 3332 section 1.3.2.5?

IMO overall congestion status of  X-Y-Z PC
is obtained from the congestion status of the individual ROUTES but not
based on a single route.

--Samuel

  Alcatel USA, Inc.                  Internet: <userid>@ssd.usa.alcatel.com
  1000 Coit Road, Plano, Texas 75075
  ******* The opinions expressed are not those of Alcatel USA, Inc. *******

_______________________________________________
Sigtran mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sigtran

_______________________________________________
Sigtran mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sigtran