Subject: [Sigtran] I-D ACTION:draft-kamesh-m3ua-congestion-procedures-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 20 Jan 2003 19:33:01 +0530

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

     Title          : M3UA Congestion procedures
     Author(s) : K. Kaul
     Filename  : draft-kamesh-m3ua-congestion-procedures-00.txt
     Pages          : 17
     Date      : 2003-1-15

This Internet-Draft describes congestion procedures applicable for both
M3UA ASP and SG nodes. Draft explains all the procedures needed by
M3UA ASP and SG to handle local and network congestion communicated
between M3UA SG and ASP through SSNM messages. Congestion
procedures proposed are in line with MTP3 Q.704 with some alteration to
suit sigtran architecture.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-kamesh-m3ua-congestion-procedures-00.txt

DISCLAIMER: This message is proprietary to Hughes Software Systems
Limited (HSS) and is intended solely for the use of the individual
to whom it is addressed. It may contain  privileged or confidential
information  and should not be circulated or used for any purpose other
than for what it is intended. If you have received this message in error,
please notify the originator immediately. If you are not the intended
recipient, you are notified that you are strictly prohibited from using,
copying, altering, or disclosing the contents of this message. HSS accepts
no responsibility for loss or damage arising from the use of the information
transmitted by this email including damage from virus.

_______________________________________________
Sigtran mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sigtran

---

From: "Samuel Dur D. Jeyaseelan" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 22 Jan 2003 00:51:52 -0600 (CST)

Kaul,

Section 2.1
       ...
       Now if "association a" undergoes congestion, congestion status of point
       code X-Y-Z maintained at ASP gets updated. If after some time
       "association b" undergoes congestion. Congestion status of point code
       X-Y-Z is updated if "association b" undergoes more congestion than
       "association a".

Here the overall X-Y-Z PC congestion status is updated based on a single
association congestion status.    

Does it not conflict with RFC 3332 section 1.3.2.5?

IMO overall congestion status of  X-Y-Z PC
is obtained from the congestion status of the individual ROUTES but not
based on a single route.

--Samuel

  Alcatel USA, Inc.                  Internet: <userid>@ssd.usa.alcatel.com
  1000 Coit Road, Plano, Texas 75075
  ******* The opinions expressed are not those of Alcatel USA, Inc. *******