Subject: [Sigtran] [M3UA] ASP Auditing

From: ksrinivas <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 16 Jan 2003 19:40:28 +0530

Brian,

In Section 4.5.3 ASP Auditing,

..... The SGP SHOULD respond to a DAUD message with the MTP3
availability/congested status of the routeset associated with each
Destination Point Code(s) in the DAUD message.....

Does it mean that Destination Point Code(s) status be maintained by M3UA
of SGP?.

--Srini

_______________________________________________
Sigtran mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sigtran

---

From: "Brian F. G. Bidulock" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 16 Jan 2003 07:21:40 -0700

Srini,

ksrinivas wrote:                                                                 (Thu, 16 Jan 2003 19:40:28)
> Does it mean that Destination Point Code(s) status be maintained by M3UA

Pretty much.

--brian

-- 
Brian F. G. Bidulock
[email-masked]
http://www.openss7.org/

---

From: "PSK Chakravarthi" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 16 Jan 2003 19:56:50 +0530

Srini,

At SGP MTP3 layer should maintain status of all destinations.  M3UA shall
get the status of a destination from NIF and send to ASP.  But I am not
finding any primitive to request destination status from NIF.

IMO, M3UA should not maintain destination status as it will be redundant.

Thanks
Chak