Subject: Re: [Sigtran] m3ua- IG

From: "TOLGA ASVEREN" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 10 Jan 2003 08:11:49 +0200

Samuel,

What does it mean exactly that M3UA supports this or that RK? One can argue
about how suitable it is to use a certain RK type with M3UA but this IMO is
a different thing. I think the best is to leave RK types flexible and maybe
with one sentence to warn people about non-MTP3 RK types, that those might
need some management functionalitiy on SG.

        Tolga

     I think it would be good if we remove all SSN(sub system number)
     references from RFC or make a global statement in IG as "SSN will not
     be
     supported by RFC 3332 and wherever it is being referred it should be
     ignored"

     --Samuel

       Alcatel USA, Inc.                  Internet: <userid>
     @ssd.usa.alcatel.com
       1000 Coit Road, Plano, Texas 75075
       ******* The opinions expressed are not those of Alcatel USA, Inc.
     *******

     _______________________________________________
     Sigtran mailing list
     [email-masked]
     https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sigtran

_______________________________________________
Sigtran mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sigtran

---

From: "Brian F. G. Bidulock" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 9 Jan 2003 23:39:30 -0700

TOLGA,

TOLGA ASVEREN wrote:                                                                 (Fri, 10 Jan 2003 08:11:49)
> need some management functionalitiy on SG.

Yes, some non-standard, non-iteroperable mangement functionality on the SG.
Which IMO is the same as saying that M3UA does not support it.

--brian

-- 
Brian F. G. Bidulock
[email-masked]
http://www.openss7.org/

---

From: "Samuel Dur D. Jeyaseelan" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 10 Jan 2003 00:53:14 -0600 (CST)

Tolga,

It means peer M3UA can not recognize whether SSN is available or congested
or unavailable... 

what do you mean by saying "... RK types flexible..."

--Samuel

  Alcatel USA, Inc.                  Internet: <userid>@ssd.usa.alcatel.com
  1000 Coit Road, Plano, Texas 75075
  ******* The opinions expressed are not those of Alcatel USA, Inc. *******