Subject: [Sigtran] Release Complete Cause Indicators in ISUP

From: Latha <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 17 Jan 2003 11:50:51 +0530

Hi,
I am not sure if this is the forum to discuss any clarifications on ISUP,
please let me know if my question is more relevant on any other mailing
lists. 
Anyways, here;s the concern:
Looking at the standard Q.763- Table 33, the Release message has a mandatory
variable length parameter Cause Indicators
(referred in 3.12 in the same doc) with length defined as 3-?
But when it comes to Release Complete Message (Table 34), the Cause
Indicators are
optional and with length defined as 5-6. Whenever Cause Indicators occurs as
Optional the length is shown to be 4 - ? (Call Progress and Address
Complete)
because it includes the parameter tag and length and the cause indicators
has
mandatory 2 bytes. So how is it defined as 5-6 bytes for Release Complete?
Is this right or an error? If this is right, what is the explanation for the
same?
thanks for your response
latha
_______________________________________________
Sigtran mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sigtran