Subject: [Sigtran] OPC List renamed as DPC List

From: "Srivats P." <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 17 Jan 2003 18:1:1 +0500

Hi,

I need a clarification regarding the "OPC List in Registration
Request Message" issue in the M3UA IG.

<quote>
    ---------
    New text: (Section 3.6.1)
    ---------

    DPC List:

    The Destination Point Code List parameter contains one or more SS7
    DPC entries, and its format is the same as the Destination Point Code
    parameter. Multiple DPC values will only be valid in the case of
    Alias Point Code configuration. The absence of the DPC List parameter
    in the Routing Key indicates the use of the DPC value as the only
    posible DPC for the AS.

 3.8.3 Solution description

    Including the scenario where this parameter is used (Alias point code
    configurations), the problem is solved. The parameter name has also
    be changed to "Destination" since it is the way that the SG sees it.

</quote>

the OPC List has been renamed as DPC List. So now we have a DPC Parameter
(the point code of the AS which is being registered) and a DPC List (
earlier OPC List) which is a list of SS7 Point Codes from which the AS
can receive messages. Right ?

Say, SP A in the SS7 network has alias point codes 1-1-1 and 1-1-2.
ASP X registers an AS (DPC = 3-3-3 and DPC List = 1-1-1, 1-1-2). Now if the
SG receives any message with the DPC value as 3-3-3 in the Routing Label,
it will check the OPC value in the Routing Label to see if it is either
1-1-1 or 1-1-2, before sending the message to the AS. Right ?

What happens if the DPC List (1-1-1, 1-1-2) was not included in the RK ?
According to the IG -

"The absence of the DPC List parameter in the Routing Key indicates the 
use of the DPC value as the only posible DPC for the AS."
          ^^^^^^^^^^^

Which "DPC value" is being referred to here ? 3-3-3 ? But wasn't it the
same case even when the "DPC List (formerly OPC List)" was included ?
The ONLY point code of the AS was still 3-3-3. What am I misreading here ?

Regards,
Srivats

_______________________________________________
Sigtran mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sigtran

---

From: "Brian F. G. Bidulock" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 17 Jan 2003 05:58:39 -0700

Srivats,

Section 3.8 of the IG is absurd.

It is impossible to specify the OPC without the OPC List parameter.

Alias point codes are handled by repeating the DPC and associated
routing key parameters again in the list per:

      Note: The Destination Point Code, Service Indicators, Originating
      Point Code List and Circuit Range List parameters MAY be repeated
      as a grouping within the Routing Key parameter, in the structure
      shown above.

Section 3.8 of the IG should be struck.

--brian

Srivats P. wrote:                                                                  (Fri, 17 Jan 2003 18:01:01)

-- 
Brian F. G. Bidulock
[email-masked]
http://www.openss7.org/