Subject: [Sigtran] M3UA:SI in data message

From: "bijoy" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 4 Mar 2003 19:51:19 +0530

hi all,
  In section 3.3.1 
  The protocol data parameter contains  SIO and routing label(RL).
   If the routing context can by itself determine the user part(AS)
  what is the necessity of RL + SI ,the only reason i think will be
  for the basic fact that MTP3 User generates MSU(message signal
  units) which contains the RL and SIO. 
      Who does the message distribution functionality of MTP3?
  message distribution is done by MTP3 based on SI which now 
  has been handed over to   M3UA.
      Is it possible that an AS comprises of MTP3 users and the routing
  key CAN be only DPC, hence M3UA at SGP routes the message
  based on DPC to the ASP and M3UA at ASP accomplishes message distribution 
  with the help of SI in protocol data parameter???
  somebody enlighten ....

thanks
 sibi/bijoy