Subject: [Sigtran] Re: M3UA Congestion Procedures

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 21 Mar 2003 15:22:06 +0530

Srini

M3UA at SGP on receiving DATA message from ASP for congested DPC notifies NIF
with mtp3 transfer primitive. As point code status is maintained by MTP3 layer
so it will be redundant for M3UA at SGP to maintain point code status. It will
be the responsibility of MTP3 and NIF combined to give mtp3 status indication to
M3UA with cause point code congested on receiving data message for congested
pointcode.M3UA in turn on receiving mtp3 status indication from NIF sends an
SCON message to concerned AS( ASP's serving it) list. It is covered in the draft
from this perspective in example section 4.1, as handling of mtp3 status
primitive at SGP is clearly mentioned in RFC 3332 (sec 1.4.3.2) .

Regards
Kamesh
Hughus Software Systems

ksrinivas <[email-masked]> on 03/21/2003 02:49:51 PM

To:   Kamesh Kaul/HSS@HSS
cc:   [email-masked]

Subject:  M3UA Congestion Procedures

Kamesh,

    Section 3.4.4 of RFC 3332 says:

"The SCON message can be sent from an SGP to all concerned ASPs to
indicate that an SG has determined that there is congestion in the SS7
network to one or more destinations, or to an ASP in response to a DATA
or DAUD message as appropriate." ...

But your "draft-kamesh-m3ua-congestion-procedures-00.txt" does not talk
about SGP sending a SCON message in response to a Data Message received
from ASP. Why?.

--Srini

---

From: ksrinivas <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 21 Mar 2003 16:25:17 +0530

Kamesh,

[email-masked] wrote:

> so it will be redundant for M3UA at SGP to maintain point code status.

If the M3UA at SGP is not maintaining the point code status, How will it respond to
the DAUD message.

--Srini

> It will
>   ------------------------------------------------------------------------
>                   Name: att1.htm
>    att1.htm       Type: Hypertext Markup Language (text/html)
>               Encoding: base64
>            Description: Internet HTML

_______________________________________________
Sigtran mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sigtran