Subject: [Sigtran] M2PA Flush Buffers

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 12 Mar 2003 09:40:36 +0530

Should the following two points also be added to Section 4.2.4 for what M2PA
does on receiving Flush Buffer from MTP3 ?

c) M2PA SHALL discard all messages present in the transmit queue that are
waiting to be acknowledged by the peer.

d) M2PA SHALL discard all messages that have been received and buffered while
the Peer was in Outage.

Regards
Anshoo.

DISCLAIMER: This message is proprietary to Hughes Software Systems
Limited (HSS) and is intended solely for the use of the individual
to whom it is addressed. It may contain  privileged or confidential
information  and should not be circulated or used for any purpose other
than for what it is intended. If you have received this message in error,
please notify the originator immediately. If you are not the intended
recipient, you are notified that you are strictly prohibited from using,
copying, altering, or disclosing the contents of this message. HSS accepts
no responsibility for loss or damage arising from the use of the information
transmitted by this email including damage from virus.

_______________________________________________
Sigtran mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sigtran

---

From: Tom George <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 13 Mar 2003 13:10:51 -0600

This looks right to me. Any other opinions?

tomG.

> d) M2PA SHALL discard all messages that have been received and buffered while
  [...]

-- 
* Tom George       PB7-24001 (near B-21)      [email-masked]  *
* 972-519-3168   Intranet:  http://www.ssd.usa.alcatel.com/~tgeorge/  *
* Alcatel;  3400 West Plano Pkwy,  MS PB7-SWPRO;  Plano, Texas 75075  *
* I actively disclaim speaking for Alcatel USA, Inc. I do not purport *
* to advertise or represent its position,  operations, or activities. *
_______________________________________________
Sigtran mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sigtran

---

From: "S Magesh" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 14 Mar 2003 09:39:16 +0530

Anshoo

Point d) mentions

"M2PA SHALL discard all messages that have been received and buffered while
the Peer was in Outage."

If we are discarding the messages received during PO when
a Flush Buffer is received, what is the need for maintaining
the buffer during PO.

Please clarify me.

Magesh

---

From: "Brian F. G. Bidulock" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 13 Mar 2003 21:20:31 -0700

S,

S Magesh wrote:                                                                          (Fri, 14 Mar 2003 09:39:16)
> a Flush Buffer is received, what is the need for maintaining

Because Resume can also be received instead of Flush Buffers,
in which case the buffers are not flushed and the link continues.

--brian

-- 
Brian F. G. Bidulock
[email-masked]
http://www.openss7.org/