Subject: Re: [Sigtran] (M2PA) Another change to the state machine diagram -- Rcv Rdy or PO during PROVING

From: "Subhashini" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 3 Mar 2003 12:15:00 -0600

The addition of two new states "Aligned Not Ready" and "Processor Outage"
are mentioned only in State Transition diagram. But those changes are not
discussed in sections 4.1.3 and 4.1.4. If the description is present in
these sections also, it will be very clear. This is a suggestion.

thanks,
Subhashini ...

----- Original Message -----
From: <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>
Sent: Thursday, February 27, 2003 7:29 AM
Subject: [Sigtran] (M2PA) Another change to the state machine diagram -- Rcv
Rdy or PO during PROVING

> Hello All,
>
> I suggest that another change be made to the M2PA state machine
> diagram to clarify treatment of received LSPN, LSPE, LSR, and
> LSPO during PROVING. Receiving any of these messages during
> PROVING results in no state change.
>
> The diagram below includes this change, along with all of the
> other changes I've proposed recently.
>
> Regards,
>
> Jeff
>
>
>                    +-----------+
>                    |   POWER   |
>                    |    OFF    |
>                    +-----------+
>                          |
>                          | Power On
>                          |
>        Flush Buffers     |  +-----------------------------------------+
>        OR Retrieval      |  |                                         |
>               +-------+  |  |                                         |
>               |       |  V  V                                         |
>               |    +-----------+                                      |
>               +--->|  OUT OF   |                                      |
>   +--------------->|  SERVICE  |<--+                                  |
>   |                +-----------+   | Link Configured                  |
>   |                      |   |     | (Associate)                      |
>   |                      |   +-----+                                  |
>   |     Receive LS OOS   |                                            |
>   |           +-------+  | MTP3 Start                                 |
>   |           |       |  V                                            |
>   |           |    +-----------+                                      |
>   |           +--->|    NOT    |                                      |
>   +<---------------|  ALIGNED  |------------------------------------->+
>   |     MTP3 Stop  +-----------+     SCTP Comm Error                  |
>   |  OR T2 Expiry        |        OR SCTP Comm Lost                   |
>   |                      |                                            |
>   |                      |    Receive LS Align                        |
>   |                      | OR Receive LS Prov Norm                    |
>   |     Receive LS Align | OR Receive LS Prov Emer                    |
>   |           +-------+  |                                            |
>   |           |       |  V                                            |
>   |           |    +-----------+                                      |
>   |           +--->|  ALIGNED  |                                      |
>   +<---------------|           |------------------------------------->+
>   |     MTP3 Stop  +-----------+     SCTP Comm Error                  |
>   |  OR T3 Expiry      ^    |     OR SCTP Comm Lost                   |
>   |  OR Receive LS OOS |    |                                         |
>   |                    |    |                                         |
>   |                    |    |    Receive LS Prov Norm                 |
>   |   Receive LS Align |    | OR Receive LS Prov Emer                 |
>   |                    |    |                                         |
>   |                    |    |                                         |
>   |      Rcv LS Prov X |    |                                         |
>   |   OR Rcv LS Ready  |    |                                         |
>   |   OR Rcv LS PO     |    |                                         |
>   |           +------+ |    |                                         |
>   |           |      | |    V                                         |
>   |           |    +-----------+                                      |
>   |           +--->|  PROVING  |------------------------------------->+
>   |<---------------|           |------+          SCTP Comm Error      |
>   |     MTP3 Stop  +-----------+      |         OR SCTP Comm Lost     |
>   |  OR Receive LS OOS   |            |                               |
>   |                      |  T4 Expiry |                               |
>   |                      |   (LPO)    |                               |
>   |            T4 Expiry |            |                               |
>   |             (No LPO) |            | MTP3 Stop            +------->+
>   |                      |            | OR Receive LS OOS    |        |
>   |                      |            | OR SCTP Comm Error   |        |
>   |                      |            | OR SCTP Comm Lost    |        |
>   |                      |            | OR T1 Expiry         |        |
>   |       Rcv LS Prov X  |            | OR M2PA Link Failure |        |
>   |           +-------+  |            | OR Receive LS Align  |        |
>   |           |       |  V            |                      |        |
>   |           |    +-----------+ LPO  V            +-----------+      |
>   |           +--->|  ALIGNED  |------+----------->|  ALIGNED  |      |
>   +<---------------|   READY   |<------------------| NOT READY |      |
>   |     MTP3 Stop  +-----------+       LPR         +-----------+      |
>   |  OR T1 Expiry        |   |                         | Rcv LS Ready |
>   |  OR Receive LS OOS   |   |                         | OR Rcv Data  |
>   |  OR Receive LS Align |   +------------------------>+ OR Rcv LS PO |
>   |  OR SCTP Comm Error  |   Receive LS PO             |              |
>   |  OR SCTP Comm Lost   |                             |              |
>   |                      |    Receive LS Ready         |              |
>   |                      | OR Receive User Data        |              |
>   |                      V                             V              |
>   |                +-----------+ LPO or Rcv LS PO  +-----------+      |
>   |                |    IN     |------------------>| PROCESSOR |      |
>   +<---------------|  SERVICE  |<------------------|  OUTAGE   |      |
>                    +-----------+    MTP3 Flush     +-----------+      |
>        MTP3 Stop                 OR MTP3 Continue            |        |
>     OR Receive LS OOS                                        |        |
>     OR SCTP Comm Error                     MTP3 Stop         |        |
>     OR SCTP Comm Lost                   OR Receive LS OOS    |        |
>     OR T6 Expiry                        OR SCTP Comm Error   |        |
>     OR T7 Expiry                        OR SCTP Comm Lost    |        |
>     OR M2PA Link Failure                OR M2PA Link Failure |        |
>     OR Receive LS Align                 OR Receive LS Align  +------->+
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> Sigtran mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sigtran
>

_______________________________________________
Sigtran mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sigtran