Subject: [Sigtran] (M2PA) Comments on M2PA v8 - Last Call

From: Schwarzbauer Hanns Juergen <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 7 May 2003 16:55:47 +0200

Dear all,

comment on section 4.2.3 Changeover

It is stated that Link Status messages SHALL NOT be retrieved. 

As link status messages are sent with the FSN of the last user data message, I see no necessity at all to put these messages into the retransmission buffer. Thus this sentence shall be deleted. It might be advisable to add some explanatory text in section 4.2.1.

greetings

HannsJuergen
_______________________________________________
Sigtran mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sigtran

---

From: "Brian F. G. Bidulock" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 7 May 2003 10:18:10 -0600

Schwarzbauer,

This sentence is to clarify that fact and IMO should stay.

--brian

Schwarzbauer Hanns Juergen wrote:                                             (Wed, 07 May 2003 16:55:47)

-- 
Brian F. G. Bidulock
[email-masked]
http://www.openss7.org/

---

From: Tom George <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 08 May 2003 17:20:37 -0500

Hanns,

I will change the paragraph in 4.2.1 from:

Note that there is no reason to place empty User Data messages in the
M2PA retransmit buffer, since the empty messages are not retrieved for
changeover and timer T7 does not apply to them.

to: 

Note that there is no reason to place Link Status messages or empty
User Data messages in the M2PA retransmit buffer, since these messages
are not retrieved for changeover and timer T7 does not apply to them.

However, the statement in 4.2.3 needs to stay. It is required in some
cases to retrieve untransmitted messages. It needs to be clear that this
does not include LS messages.

tomG.

-- 
* Tom George       PB7-24001 (near B-21)      [email-masked]  *
* 972-519-3168   Intranet:  http://www.ssd.usa.alcatel.com/~tgeorge/  *
* Alcatel;  3400 West Plano Pkwy,  MS PB7-SWPRO;  Plano, Texas 75075  *
* I actively disclaim speaking for Alcatel USA, Inc. I do not purport *
* to advertise or represent its position,  operations, or activities. *
_______________________________________________
Sigtran mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sigtran