Subject: [Sigtran] (M2PA) Comments on M2PA v8 - Last Call

From: Schwarzbauer Hanns Juergen <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 7 May 2003 15:40:43 +0200

Dear all,

another finding in the draft 8:

Section 4.1.3 last but one para refers to a protocol parameter called "Proving_Interval".

But no value is assigned to it throughout the document.

greetings

HannsJuergen
_______________________________________________
Sigtran mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sigtran

---

From: Tom George <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 08 May 2003 17:14:02 -0500

Hanns,

I should be able to improve the wording. I want the messages to be sent
periodically, but I do not want to specify the interval. Maybe I should
add this: 

During the proving period (i.e., after M2PA starts the proving period
timer T4), M2PA SHALL send Link Status Proving messages to its peer at
an interval defined by the protocol parameter Proving_Interval. ***The
value of Proving_Interval is implementation dependent.***

tomG.

-- 
* Tom George       PB7-24001 (near B-21)      [email-masked]  *
* 972-519-3168   Intranet:  http://www.ssd.usa.alcatel.com/~tgeorge/  *
* Alcatel;  3400 West Plano Pkwy,  MS PB7-SWPRO;  Plano, Texas 75075  *
* I actively disclaim speaking for Alcatel USA, Inc. I do not purport *
* to advertise or represent its position,  operations, or activities. *
_______________________________________________
Sigtran mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sigtran