Subject: [Sigtran] question about M3UA

From: "Ling-Chih Kao" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 14 May 2003 09:16:23 +0800

Hi, 

1.
In the Appendix A of RFC 3332, SG1 is across SGP1.1 in Host 1 and SGP1.2 in Host 2. Does this mean SG is configured dynamically?
Is SG a logical entity? What is the  Host 1? Is it also a physical SG? 
2.
Host 3 is MGC1, and AS1 is composed of ASP1 in Host 3 and ASP 1 in Host 4. Does this mean AS is configured dynamically? 

Thanks
Ling-Chih Kao

---

From: "Banibrata Dutta" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 13 May 2003 19:06:38 -0700

Response is inline.
  1.
  In the Appendix A of RFC 3332, SG1 is across SGP1.1 in Host 1 and SGP1.2
in Host 2. Does this mean SG is configured dynamically?
  Is SG a logical entity? What is the  Host 1? Is it also a physical SG?
  [BDutta]  SG is indeed a logical entity. You can think of it as a cluster
of SGP's, which represent the physical functional units of an SG. Each host
is capable of running SGP and/or ASP processes.
  2.
  Host 3 is MGC1, and AS1 is composed of ASP1 in Host 3 and ASP 1 in Host 4.
Does this mean AS is configured dynamically?
  [BDutta]  The diagram, i think, has no bearing on the fact, as to whether
or not they can be configured dynamically or not. They could be statically
configured, but their "availability" status can change in the run time, s.a.
one ASP becoming INACTIVE, and another becoming ACTIVE.