Subject: [Sigtran] M3UA MIB Draft05: Loadsharing on CIC ,SSN

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 3 Jul 2003 10:23:35 +0530

Hi...

In my understanding and  as per the discussion and consensus on the mailing
list , everyone agreed that  CIC and SSN should not be used as loadsharing
basis
be it within streams in a particular SCTP association or for active
signalling processes.

So would these be removed from  the m3uaStreamLshMethod  and
m3uaSpLshMethod OBJECT-TYPE s in M3UA MIB draft.

Thanks and Regards
Anjali
www.hssworld.com
Hughes Software Systems.

"DISCLAIMER: This message is proprietary to Hughes Software Systems Limited
(HSS) and is intended solely for the use of the individual to whom it is
addressed. It may contain  privileged or confidential information and
should not be circulated or used for any purpose other than for what it is
intended. If you have received this message in error, please notify the
originator immediately. If you are not the intended recipient, you are
notified that you are strictly prohibited from using, copying, altering, or
disclosing the contents of this message. HSS accepts no responsibility for
loss or damage arising from the use of the information transmitted by this
email including damage from virus."

_______________________________________________
Sigtran mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sigtran

---

From: "Brian F. G. Bidulock" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 3 Jul 2003 21:28:13 -0600

agurmukhani,

I think that they should be removed from the MIB, but we did NOT agree
that CIC or SSN should not be used for loadsharing.  Any criteria that
the SG/ASP desires to use for loadsharing being congnisant of the need
for ordering of user part messages is allowed for loadsharing.  We DID
agree to remove CIC, SSN from the Routing Key, because a rational and
interoperable basis for splitting CICs and SSNs across AS could not be
decided.

The meanse oadsharing, on the other hand, is not specified in M3UA.
Some examples are given, but no requirements.  Some things that could
clearly be used are SLS, DPC/SLS, OPC/DPC/SLS, CIC, DPC/CIC, OPC/DPC/CIC,
OPC/DPC/CIC/SLS, SSN, ....  and other permutations of these and even
higher layer parameters such as TID.

My argument for removing them from the MIB is not that they cannot be
used, but that they have not been standardized.

--brian

[email-masked] wrote:                                                 (Thu, 03 Jul 2003 10:23:35)

-- 
Brian F. G. Bidulock
[email-masked]
http://www.openss7.org/

---

From: "Samuel Dur D. Jeyaseelan" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 3 Jul 2003 22:59:51 -0500 (CDT)

this is just an info regarding CIC and SSN - load-sharing.

 A node can load-share its traffic based on CIC or SSN with the
 help of static configuration but this is outside of the scope of M3UA
 rfc.When an ASP vendor and SGP vendor agrees to do load-sharing based on
 CIC or SSN with static confiuration they are welcome to do this,
 since this has not been standardised, taking this to interop will
 lead to problems.So almost everybody agrees to delete CIC and SSN
 loadsharing concept from MIB-04.

--Samuel
 
  Alcatel USA, Inc.                  Internet: <userid>@ssd.usa.alcatel.com
  1000 Coit Road, Plano, Texas 75075
  ******* The opinions expressed are not those of Alcatel USA, Inc. *******