Subject: [Sigtran] M2PA: List of changes from M2PAv8 to M2PAv9

From: Tom George <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 11 Jul 2003 17:47:18 -0500

List of changes in M2PA draft version 9.
Tom George
07/11/2003

This is a more detailed list of changes. It is arranged according to
the order of the document.

This list does not include minor changes to wording, formatting, etc.

General changes:

Changes were made to resolve internal inconsistencies and to make
operation more like MTP2.

Specific changes:

1.2 Terminology - Changed some definitions (STP, SP) to be more
consistent with SS7 standards.

2.3 M2PA Messages - Added paragraph to emphasize contents of "Message
Data".

4.1.3  Link Alignment - Added paragraph "The proving period MAY be
omitted..."

4.1.3  Link Alignment, para "If proving is performed..." - Added
sentence recommending setting for Proving_Interval.

4.1.4 Processor Outage - Added paragraph "When the local processor
outage condition ends..." Mentions that BSN is used to resynchronize
sequence numbers.

4.1.4 Processor Outage, list after "While in a local processor outage
condition:" - Removed (c), which said to leave T7 running for messages
before the PO. Now T7 should be stopped for those messages as well.

4.1.4 Processor Outage - Added 3 paragraphs "If M2PA receives a
Flush..." for Flush and Continue.

4.1.5 Level 2 Flow Control, 1st paragraph - corrected typo by changing
PO to Busy.

4.2.1 Sending and receiving messages - Removed "M2PA SHOULD ignore the
FSN and BSN contained in a Link Status message."

4.2.1 Sending and receiving messages, paragraph "Note that there is no
reason..." - Added LS messages to this statement.

4.2.1 Sending and receiving messages, last paragraph - Changed wording
about T7 so that it does not explicitly require a timer for each
message.

4.2.3 Changeover, paragraph "Note that only..." - Added that empty
User Data messages are not retrieved.

Figures 11 and 12 - Changed T3 and T4 timers and LS Proving messages
to more closely resemble actual procedure.

10 Author's Addresses - Updated author info for Tom George, Ram Dantu.

-- 
* Tom George       PB7-24001 (near B-21)      [email-masked]  *
* 972-519-3168   Intranet:  http://www.ssd.usa.alcatel.com/~tgeorge/  *
* Alcatel;  3400 West Plano Pkwy,  MS PB7-SWPRO;  Plano, Texas 75075  *
*   I actively disclaim speaking for Alcatel.  I do not purport to    *
*   advertise or represent its position, operations, or activities.   *

_______________________________________________
Sigtran mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sigtran