Subject: [Sigtran] M2PA last call comment - ANSI primitives for LPO

From: Andrew Booth <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 16 Jul 2003 18:01:40 -0400

Hi Tom,

The ANSI primitives for exiting processor outage seem to be Resume, 
Clear Buffers and Clear RTB.  The corresponding ITU primitives 
(continue, flush, ... ) are described explicitly in M2PA draft 9. 
 Should the ANSI primitives also be described explicitly?

Andrew

_______________________________________________
Sigtran mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sigtran

---

From: "Brian F. G. Bidulock" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 16 Jul 2003 19:17:48 -0600

Andrew,

Either that or say "such as" or "e.g." in front of the ITU primitives.
Or, say something more generic instead of Continue or Resume.

--brian

Andrew Booth wrote:                                                                 (Wed, 16 Jul 2003 18:01:40)

-- 
Brian F. G. Bidulock
[email-masked]
http://www.openss7.org/

---

From: Tom George <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 25 Jul 2003 15:05:50 -0500

I had put this in section 4 to try to cover for this:

=====
Since M2PA provides MTP3 with an interface and functionality like
MTP2, its internal functioning is similar to that of MTP2.

Except as modified in this document, M2PA SHOULD follow the
requirements of the applicable MTP2 specification. These may include
[Q.703] or [T1.111].

When referring to MTP2 terminology in this document, the terminology
of [Q.703] is used. This does not imply that the requirements of
[Q.703] are to be followed.
=====

I did not think it helpful to have to describe all of the differences in 
terminology between the different brands of MTP2. So I tried to say in 
general that M2PA works like the appropriate MTP2 standard. When I had 
to say something specific about MTP2 terminology, I stayed with Q.703, 
figuring that the reader could substitute the corresponding term if he 
was dealing with ANSI or TTC.

tomG.

-- 
* Tom George       PB7-24001 (near B-21)      [email-masked]  *
* 972-519-3168   Intranet:  http://www.ssd.usa.alcatel.com/~tgeorge/  *
* Alcatel;  3400 West Plano Pkwy,  MS PB7-SWPRO;  Plano, Texas 75075  *
*   I actively disclaim speaking for Alcatel.  I do not purport to    *
*   advertise or represent its position, operations, or activities.   *