Subject: [Sigtran] M3UA : Network appearance in data

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 30 Jul 2003 19:26:40 +0530

Hi
      If RC is semi-optional parameter in M3UA Payload Data message what is
the need of network appearance parameter     in Payload Data message even
though it is an optional parameter in RFC 3332. From RC we can directly get
the network appearance associated with the data message.Please comment as i
have missed the earlier discussions on this.

Kamesh Kaul
www.hssworld.com
Hughes Software Systems

"DISCLAIMER: This message is proprietary to Hughes Software Systems Limited
(HSS) and is intended solely for the use of the individual to whom it is
addressed. It may contain  privileged or confidential information and
should not be circulated or used for any purpose other than for what it is
intended. If you have received this message in error, please notify the
originator immediately. If you are not the intended recipient, you are
notified that you are strictly prohibited from using, copying, altering, or
disclosing the contents of this message. HSS accepts no responsibility for
loss or damage arising from the use of the information transmitted by this
email including damage from virus."

_______________________________________________
Sigtran mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sigtran

---

From: "Brian F. G. Bidulock" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 30 Jul 2003 16:41:14 -0600

kakaul,

You are correct.  It is not necessary but we agreed that it could be
there.

The reason the RFC is that way is because that was what we finally
agreed to after very long debate.  See the ladders in the mail archive
with subject lines like: "RC in SSNM and DATA," and "RC and NA".

--brian

[email-masked] wrote:                                                           (Wed, 30 Jul 2003 19:26:40)

-- 
Brian F. G. Bidulock
[email-masked]
http://www.openss7.org/