Subject: [Sigtran] Can an AS have multiple point codes?

From: "Sunil D R" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 6 Dec 2005 14:39:59 +0530

Hi Brian,

Can an AS support multiple point codes?

And if yes, will M3UA behave differently compared to a "Single AS- Single
point code" model?

The RFC doesn't mention anything about this.

Please let me know your comments.

Regards,

Sunil

**************** CAUTION - Disclaimer *****************
This e-mail contains PRIVILEGED AND CONFIDENTIAL INFORMATION intended solely for the use of the addressee(s). If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender by e-mail and delete the original message. Further, you are not to copy, disclose, or distribute this e-mail or its contents to any other person and any such actions are unlawful. This e-mail may contain viruses. Infosys has taken every reasonable precaution to minimize this risk, but is not liable for any damage you may sustain as a result of any virus in this e-mail. You should carry out your own virus checks before opening the e-mail or attachment. Infosys reserves the right to monitor and review the content of all messages sent to or from this e-mail address. Messages sent to or from this e-mail address may be stored on the Infosys e-mail system.
***INFOSYS******** End of Disclaimer ********INFOSYS***

_______________________________________________
Sigtran mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sigtran

---

From: "Brian F. G. Bidulock" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 6 Dec 2005 02:53:26 -0700

Sunil,

Sunil D R wrote:                                                     (Tue, 06 Dec 2005 14:39:59)
>    Can an AS support multiple point codes?

Yes.

> 
>    And  if  yes,  will  M3UA behave differently compared to a "Single AS-
>    Single point code" model?

Almost no difference, except several different point codes can be used where
only one occurred before.

--brian

>    This e-mail contains PRIVILEGED AND CONFIDENTIAL INFORMATION intended
>    solely for the use of the addressee(s). If you are not the intended
>    recipient, please notify the sender by e-mail and delete the original
>    message. Further, you are not to copy, disclose, or distribute this
>    e-mail or its contents to any other person and any such actions are
>    unlawful. This e-mail may contain viruses. Infosys has taken every
>    reasonable precaution to minimize this risk, but is not liable for any
>    damage you may sustain as a result of any virus in this e-mail. You
>    should carry out your own virus checks before opening the e-mail or
>    attachment. Infosys reserves the right to monitor and review the
>    content of all messages sent to or from this e-mail address. Messages
>    sent to or from this e-mail address may be stored on the Infosys
>    e-mail system.

-- 
Brian F. G. Bidulock
[email-masked]
http://www.openss7.org/

---

From: "Tolga Asveren" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 6 Dec 2005 08:03:44 -0500

Sunil,

RFC says that AS can't span multiple SPMC and also gives the definiton for
SPMC.

Related with multiple PC support for AS, please have a look to "SIGTRAN
Interop, Day 3" thread.

   Thanks,
   Tolga

  -----Original Message-----
  From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]]On Behalf
Of Sunil D R
  Sent: Tuesday, December 06, 2005 4:10 AM
  To: [email-masked]
  Subject: [Sigtran] Can an AS have multiple point codes?

  Hi Brian,

  Regards,

  Sunil

        **************** CAUTION - Disclaimer *****************
        This e-mail contains PRIVILEGED AND CONFIDENTIAL INFORMATION
intended solely for the use of the addressee(s). If you are not the intended
recipient, please notify the sender by e-mail and delete the original
message. Further, you are not to copy, disclose, or distribute this e-mail
or its contents to any other person and any such actions are unlawful. This
e-mail may contain viruses. Infosys has taken every reasonable precaution to
minimize this risk, but is not liable for any damage you may sustain as a
result of any virus in this e-mail. You should carry out your own virus
checks before opening the e-mail or attachment. Infosys reserves the right
to monitor and review the content of all messages sent to or from this
e-mail address. Messages sent to or from this e-mail address may be stored
on the Infosys e-mail system.
        ***INFOSYS******** End of Disclaimer ********INFOSYS***