Subject: [Sigtran] draft-asveren-sigtran-m3uaipsp-00.txt

From: "Tolga Asveren" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 20 Dec 2005 14:58:22 -0500

Please find the first of draft-asveren-sigtran-m3uaipsp-00.txt via the
following link:

www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-asveren-sigtran-m3uaipsp-00.txt

A few comments:
- This is not a complete document, we just tried to clarify as many issues
as possible with the initial draft. Hopefully a bew version will follow
soon, by considering also the feedback we are going to get.

- IPSP state machine may seem different than the M3UA-bis document -where it
was shown in the ASP state machine-. Actually it isn't, just a few
transitionary states have been introduced to cover corner cases, i.e. what
before was said in sentences is now part of the state machine. We may have a
few bugs, but there is nothing conceptually new there.

- AS state machine is different than what we used to have -not drastically
but still significantly-. The reason for that is to support n+k
configuration, where n could have a different value on each side of the
signaling relationship. More explanation is in the draft. There is nothing
carved on the stone about this -including the need for n+k with different n
on each side-.

    Thanks,
    Tolga

_______________________________________________
Sigtran mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sigtran