Subject: [Sigtran] Conflict in IUA and DUA management message for message type 5

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 10 Jun 2006 12:01:11 +0530

Hi, 

The IUA latest RFC (RFC 4233) introduced a new management message ?TEI 
query request?  with message type 5.

Also, DUA RFC  have "DLC Status Reuest" message with same message type 5. 

So, Management messages for IUA (RFC 4233) and DUA have an overlap i.e. 
the same message type has been used twice. 

Message Group 0 & Message Type 5 
 
IUA - TEI query request, and

DUA - DLC status request.

Also according to DUA rfc ,section 4

"As an option, the IUA value for SCTP Payload Protocol ID MAY also be
   used for DUA, for instance, if one wanted to backhaul ISDN and DPNSS
   over the same SCTP association."

Then how it  can be identified whether message received from SCTP with 
message type 5 is an IUA  ?TEI query request?  or a DUA "DLC Status 
Reuest".

Regards
Ankur Arora

***********************  FSS-Private   ***********************

_______________________________________________
Sigtran mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sigtran