Subject: RE: [Sigtran] Lossless fail-over

From: "Kolomaznik Jan" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 19 Jun 2006 15:46:41 +0200

I agree the reasons Tolga mentioned does not cover situations when more
ASPs serving AS or when SUA realy node (acting STP role) fails. 

Tolga, let have next situation: On side A we have ASP1 which is backuped
by another ASP2 on different AS. ASP1 and ASP2 are synchronized by any
protocol. When the ASP3 on side B get loss communication to the
currently active ASP1, how the ASP3 says to the ASP2 let to continue
from message X?
I am sorry, but I can not find any non-vendor-specific method. I found
out only method described in this expired draft.

If there is no other document (or standard) which covers similar
situations I thing it may be helpful to resubmit the draft.

Jan

-----Original Message-----
From: Brian F. G. Bidulock [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Monday, June 19, 2006 3:19 PM
To: Kolomaznik Jan
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: Re: [Sigtran] Lossless fail-over

Jan,

Kolomaznik Jan wrote:                          (Mon, 19 Jun 2006
14:44:10)
> 
>    I found out only expired draft-bidulock-sigtran-corid-03.txt.

If you are interested I could resubmit the draft.

--brian

-- 
Brian F. G. Bidulock
[email-masked]
http://www.openss7.org/

_______________________________________________
Sigtran mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sigtran

---

From: "Tolga Asveren" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 19 Jun 2006 09:46:09 -0400

Jan,

I didn't understand exactly the cases you are referring in your first
sentence -would be helpfull if you explain it in a scenario like the other
case-.

Now for the situation you described in detail:
Loss of communication happens due to the crash of ASP1, because network
failures are handled by SCTP multihoming -as said this is the preassumption
which must hold with a very high probability. To discuss its validity is
another issue-.
ASP3 can't tell to ASP2, from which message to continue from. This is the
same if you used regular SS7 links between those entities and if ASP1
crashed.

   Thanks,
   Tolga

> From: Kolomaznik Jan [mailto:[email-masked]]
> Sent: Monday, June 19, 2006 9:47 AM
> To: [email-masked]
> Cc: [email-masked]
> Subject: RE: [Sigtran] Lossless fail-over
>
>

---

From: "Brian F. G. Bidulock" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 19 Jun 2006 08:19:05 -0600

Tolga,

Tolga Asveren wrote:                                                                 (Mon, 19 Jun 2006 09:46:09)
> which must hold with a very high probability. To discuss its validity is

This could only be valid in a world without back-hoes.

--brian

-- 
Brian F. G. Bidulock
[email-masked]
http://www.openss7.org/