Subject: [Sigtran] : M2PA clarification

From: "Daniel B. Simonraj" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 14 Jun 2006 16:42:23 -0500 (CDT)

Brian,

   At the end of proving, the link status ready message sent
(stream 0) to far end. The remote end sent SLTM Message on stream 1
instead of ready message on stream 0. The link become inservice.
Do we need to reply SLTA for SLTM that was received while T1 was running 
(awaiting link status Ready from far end) ?

           M2PA                 M2PA
           ----                 ----
        (at the end of proving)
                  (LS Ready)
              ------------------->
     T1 running     SLTM (i.e. UDM on stream 1) 
              <------------------

Thanks,
P. Daniel Brein

_______________________________________________
Sigtran mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sigtran

---

From: "Brian F. G. Bidulock" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 14 Jun 2006 17:40:05 -0600

Daniel,

Daniel B. Simonraj wrote:             (Wed, 14 Jun 2006 16:42:23)
> (awaiting link status Ready from far end) ?

Q.703 allows an MSU to complete alignment as well as a FISU.  See
for example draft-bidulock-m2pa-test-06.txt section 3.1.6 or the
corresponding Q.781/1.6 test case.

ANSI T1.111.3 and ETSI ETS 300 008-1 and even SAL are the same in
this respect.

So, when the SLTM is received T1 should be cancelled and the link
put into service at L2.  If the LS Ready is late on Stream 0 and
is received later, it does not affect the state of the in-service
link.

Thus the SLTM is delivered to MTP L3 and requires a response per
Q.704/Q.707 before the link is placed into service at L3.

This is really an SS7 thing, not an M2PA thing.

-- 
Brian F. G. Bidulock
[email-masked]
http://www.openss7.org/