Subject: [Sigtran] USE of RC

From: "Salil Agrawal" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 13 Mar 2007 16:51:04 +0530

Hi, 

Just want to understand the use of the RC parameter in SUA or M3UA, what
could be the possible problems if there is no RC parameter. 

Thanks,

Salil

_______________________________________________
Sigtran mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sigtran

---

From: "Ankit Kumar Sharma" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 13 Mar 2007 13:36:27 +0000

> could be the possible problems if there is no RC parameter.

If an ASP is serving only one AS then RC is not relevent, otherwise routing
context is used to identify set of messages corresponding to a particular AS
served by an ASP.

Thanks,

---

From: "Ambika Tripathy" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 13 Mar 2007 19:15:01 +0530

Hi,

      One ASP can server more that one AS at the same time. to identify the
the perticular AS for which the incomming traffic is for, ASP uses RC.

                                                   +---------------------+
                                                    |       AS1         |
+--------------------------+ -------RC1-------+---------------------+
|           ASP          |
+--------------------------+--------RC2-------+----------------------+
                                                    |        AS2         |
                                                   +----------------------+

      If there is only one AS for ASP there is no need of RC.

-- 
Br,
Ambika Prasad Tripathy
Nethawk Networks
Cell: +91-94375 47730