Subject: [Sigtran] Re: Important h248's Message is Discarded by m3ua.

From: "Brian F. G. Bidulock" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 22 Mar 2007 23:06:30 -0600

chen,

If the ASP indeed receives the ASP Active Ack before the M3UA data, it
is incorrect for the ASP to reject the message.  If it were merely a
processing delay, the ASP should not process data messages (or any other
message) for the RC while processing the ASP Active Ack message.

However, if the ASP Active Ack and the M3UA data are sent on different
SCTP streams, it may be that the M3UA data is being processed by the ASP
before the ASP Active Ack.  Check the stream id of the messages.  It is
good practise for the SGP to send ASP Active Ack on the same stream that
it sends data for the RC so that the M3UA data does not race with the
ASP Active Ack.  If it does not and it sends data on one stream
immediately after the ASP Active Ack was sent on another stream, the
M3UA data can always arrive first.

--brian

On Fri, 23 Mar 2007, chen wrote:

> dear sir:
> 
> fter SGP sends the asp active ack message, user layer will send data
> message at once.But at ASP,the asp active ack message is being proceeding
> and asp is in inactive status when it receives the data message.The data
> message is diacarded and an error is sent to SGP.
> Is the discarding the message acceptable? How to avoid that this situation
> occurs?
> 
>                 SGP                             ASP
>                  |                               |
>        (inactive)|<------------ASP active--------|(inactive)
>                  |                               |
>         (active) |---------ASP active Ack------->|
>                  |                               |(process,inactive)
>                  |-----------M3UA data---------->|
>                  |                               |
> 
> 
> 
> 

-- 
Brian F. G. Bidulock    ¦ The reasonable man adapts himself to the ¦
[email-masked]    ¦ world; the unreasonable one persists in  ¦
http://www.openss7.org/ ¦ trying  to adapt the  world  to himself. ¦
                        ¦ Therefore  all  progress  depends on the ¦
                        ¦ unreasonable man. -- George Bernard Shaw ¦

_______________________________________________
Sigtran mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sigtran