Subject: [Sigtran] about M2ua Adapted to ATM signal link

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 9 Jul 2007 18:45:57 +0800

hi,

rfc3331,m2ua---->Message transfer part 2 User Adaptation layer  is for mtp2
protocol's user.

but from m2ua protocol rfc3331,it can be Adaptation layer of signalling
ATM Adaptation Layer's User  (ATM signal link)

it can do ? can be contributed to rfc3331 as another selection?

_______________________________________________
Sigtran mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sigtran

---

From: "Brian F. G. Bidulock" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 9 Jul 2007 05:34:37 -0600

chen.puran,

Yes, of course MTP3b is supported.

RFC 3331:

1.4.1  Support for MTP Level 2 / MTP Level 3 interface boundary

   M2UA supports a MTP Level 2 / MTP Level 3 interface boundary that
   enables a seamless, or as seamless as possible, operation of the
   MTP2-User peers in the SS7 and IP domains.  An example of the
   primitives that need to be supported can be found in [10].

   ...

   [10] ITU-T Recommendation Q.2140, 'B-ISDN ATM Adaptation Layer',
        February 1995

1.5.4.1  SCTP Stream Management

   ...

   streams based on SLS.  This method may be of particular interest for
   high speed SS7 links (MTP3b) since high speed links have a 24-bit
   sequence number and the stream sequence number is 16-bits.

--brian

[email-masked] wrote:                                                    (Mon, 09 Jul 2007 18:45:57)

-- 
Brian F. G. Bidulock
[email-masked]
http://www.openss7.org/

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 9 Jul 2007 19:41:38 +0800

:-),Thanks,brain.

m2ua maybe can be adapted to m2pa link?

------------------------------------------------------------------
_________________________________________________________________
chen.puran,

RFC 3331:

   ...

   ...

--brian

[email-masked] wrote:
(Mon, 09 Jul 2007 18:45:57)

---

From: "Brian F. G. Bidulock" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 9 Jul 2007 05:47:34 -0600

chen.puran,

[email-masked] wrote:                                                    (Mon, 09 Jul 2007 19:41:38)
> m2ua maybe can be adapted to m2pa link?

Yes that too.  We removed references to M2PA from RFC 3331 because
M2PA was just a draft at the time RFC 3331 was released.

--brian

-- 
Brian F. G. Bidulock
[email-masked]
http://www.openss7.org/

---

From: "Brian F. G. Bidulock" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2007 05:43:36 -0600

chen.puran,

No need.  RFC 3331 already supports RFC 4165.

--brian

[email-masked] wrote:                                    (Tue, 10 Jul 2007 11:04:09)
> 
> thanks£¬NOW M2PA is FRC4165,can  I want to add the context  to RFC3331?
> 
> ¡ª¡ª¡ª¡ª¡ª¡ª¡ª¡ª¡ª¡ª¡ª¡ª¡ª¡ª¡ª¡ª¡ª¡ª¡ª¡ª¡ª¡ª¡ª¡ª¡ª¡ª¡ª¡ª¡ª¡ª¡ª¡ª¡ª¡ª¡ª¡ª¡ª¡ª¡ª¡ª¡ª¡ª¡ª¡ª
> 
> ¡ª¡ª¡ª¡ª¡ª¡ª¡ª¡ª¡ª¡ª¡ª¡ª¡ª¡ª¡ª¡ª¡ª¡ª¡ª¡ª
> 
> chen.puran,
> 
> (Mon, 09 Jul 2007 19:41:38)
> >
> >
> >
> > :-),Thanks,brain.
> >