Subject: [Sigtran] M2PA management procedures

From: Dario <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 31 Jul 2007 05:20:10 -0700 (PDT)

Hi,

the RFC4165 states in section 5 the following:
"Alignment is done by both ends of the link. To simplify the diagram,
alignment is shown on one end only."

Does it mean that both ends should initiate Alignment (and other
procedures?)?
Or is it enough that either end initiates Alignment and the other end
participates by responding with appropriate Link Status message?

thanks for clarification.
Dario
-- 
View this message in context: http://www.nabble.com/M2PA-management-procedures-tf4192662.html#a11923049
Sent from the IETF - Sigtran mailing list archive at Nabble.com.

_______________________________________________
Sigtran mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sigtran

---

From: "Brian F. G. Bidulock" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 31 Jul 2007 08:31:51 -0600

Dario,

Dario wrote:                           (Tue, 31 Jul 2007 05:20:10)

> Does it mean that both ends should initiate Alignment (and other

Yes.  It also means that both ends need to handle T1, T2, T3 and T4
timers and send multiple PROVING mesages, that are only shown for the
one side in the example in 5.1.

> participates by responding with appropriate Link Status message?

That is not the way that SS7 specifies it (cf. Q.703):  both ends of the
signalling link must issue the "Start" command at about the same time
(within T1) or the link will not come into service.

--brian

-- 
Brian F. G. Bidulock
[email-masked]
http://www.openss7.org/