Subject: [Sigtran] again about change Action on DRST In ASP

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 25 Jul 2007 12:12:35 +0800

thanks brain,but ,i read the Q704,Find:

if SG find Only route to SS7Ponit (restored from inaccess to SG)  by
Restricted route,then SG just send  DRST to ASP.

your opinion may be :ASP -----SG---high  priority link set -----SS7
                              SG---lower priority LS---STP---SS7

when sg--->ss7 inaccess,but sg---stp---ss7 is access,then sg send DRST(ASP
Always access to ss7)?

but if SG is inaccess to SS7,then just LinkS of SG &STP&SS7 is
available,then SG JUST send DRST to ASP,NO DAVA.

in q704 's 13.4.5 : the TFR Will updated by TFR ,not by DAVA.

   13.4.5  When  a  transfer-restricted  message  is  received  updating  a
   transfer-prohibited  status, signalling traffic management decides if an
   alternative  route  is  available  or  restricted; if it is not (i.e. no
   alternative  route  exists),  the concerned traffic is restarted towards
   the  signalling  point  from  which  the transfer-restricted message was
   received. Otherwise, no other actions are taken.

_______________________________________________
Sigtran mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sigtran

---

From: "Brian F. G. Bidulock" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 25 Jul 2007 05:00:42 -0600

chen.puran,

Ok, now read up on ANSI T1.111.4/2000 where it is actually used.

--brian

[email-masked] wrote:                                    (Wed, 25 Jul 2007 12:12:35)

-- 
Brian F. G. Bidulock
[email-masked]
http://www.openss7.org/

---

From: "Brian F. G. Bidulock" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 25 Jul 2007 22:37:45 -0600

chen.puran,

[email-masked] wrote:                                   (Thu, 26 Jul 2007 10:30:16)
> 
> Thanks£¬i will read the ANSI T1.111.4/2000 ,but in ANSI T1.111.4/1996,it
> does same as ITU Q704.

But not in 2000.

> 
> anyway,if we want to support communication with ITU'S SS7Point and ANSI
> SS7POINT ,RFC4666 &RFC3868(SUA) shall be modified to deal correctly with
> ITU and  ANSI.

AFAIK no national variant except ANSI performs transfer-restricted procedures.

> 
> maybe ,DRST Will be deal In ASP : delete " and it is optional for the ASP
> to act on any information received in the message"

No need.  DRST is optional to send and transfer-restricted procedure are
optional in the national network (and prohibited in the international
network).

> in rfc4666,chapter 3.4.6.  Destination Restricted (DRST)
>      This message is optional for the SG to send, and it is optionalfor the
> ASP to act on any information received in the message.

Again, it is even optional (or explicitly prohibited) in the SS7 network.  It
would be pointless to say that the ASP must deal with it in any way.

--brian

> 
> 
> 
> --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
> --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
> chen.puran,
> 
> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
>                    ÆË
> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
> ====================================================
> ÄÏ¾©ÊÐÓê»¨Ì¨Çø×Ï¾£»¨Â·68ºÅÖÐÐËÍ¨Ñ¶´óÏÃÖÐÐÄÑÐ¾¿Ôº3GÆ½Ì¨Èí¼þ¶þ²¿
> µç»°£º(86)25£52877532,#02587532 ***(NEW)***
> µçÓÊ£[email-masked]
> MSN: [email-masked]
> ÓÊ±à£º210012
> ====================================================

-- 
Brian F. G. Bidulock
[email-masked]
http://www.openss7.org/